advertisement

HiFi Lounge - All Our Latest News, PMC, Naim, Bryston, Rega amongst Many others!

Hi Everyone,

I am really excited to announce that at HiFi Lounge we now have Stax Headphones, or Earspeakers as they are better known, on demonstration in our headphone room, which to be honest is filling up quite nicely now with most of the best headphones available today.

Before starting HiFi Lounge last year I had always dreamt of owning a Stax headphone rig so it really does give me great pleasure to now be a dealer for what many consider to be the best headphone experience around.

With Stax being an electrostatic headphone, they really do offer something very different compared to the normal dynamic headphones, there is a level of detail and transparency that really is quite captivating, being an electrostatic headphone they need their own amp, or energiser as it is known, to supply to correct power to drive them, making a Stax setup the complete solution, just add a source and you’re good to go.

At the moment we have 3 systems on demo, the SRS-2170 starter system, which at £745 for the earspeakers and energiser unit really are great value, then we have the mid level SRS-4170 system with the valve SRM-006ts energiser then we have the big one, the SR-007 MK2 Omega Reference Kimik edition, which contains the reference SR-007 earspeakers and Stax’s best energiser which is modded for even greater performance. Now all I need to do is save my pennies and get in the SR-009 earspeakers, which at £3695 certainly are not cheap but in terms of high end headphone audio they are apparently unbeatable, can’t wait to find out for myself :)

As is the norm here are far too many pictures of the un-boxing of the 3 different Stax systems we have on display, I have been running them 24/7 for the last week so they are run in nicely and ready for action so please do pop in to listen to what Stax headphones have to offer, here is the link to the range on our website -

Stax

The SRS-2170 Starter System.

The Stax Headphone Stand.

The SRS-4170 System

The SR-007 Omega Reference Kimik Edition

Everything in place ready for action

I think we are going to need a bigger room :)

Thanks for looking and hope to see you soon at HiFi lounge.

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi Everyone,

Ever since hearing the Maggie 12’s and 1.7’s a few weeks ago, which led to me becoming a Magnepan dealer due to being so impressed, one question kept bugging me, if the 12’s and 1.7’s are this good how good must their bigger brothers be? so after a quick phone call to the Maggie guys we now have the Magneplanar MG 3.7’s on demo, and the answer to that question is staggeringly good :)

There is something quite captivating about the Maggie sound, if you have never heard a magneplanar speaker before it is well worth popping in for a listen to something that sounds very different to a conventional box speaker. They really do offer something quite different and for vocal and acoustic they really do present the music in a very ‘live’ manner, as if the artist is performing right there in front of you.

The 3.7’s start at £6,000, yes a lot of money, but once you’ve heard them £6,000 becomes a bit of a high end bargain, as I don’t know of any speaker that can perform at the level they do for the money.

I am in the process of organising a Maggie Open Day on October 5th, probably with the 12’s in our downstairs demo room and the 3.7’s upstairs so it will be a great opportunity to hear something quite different, more details to follow once I’ve got everything in place.

Just to wet the appetite please see some pics below, please feel free to come in before the open day though as I will have them set up pretty much permanently, just because I am enjoying listening to them so much :)

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi All,

This will be the last addition to the headphone room for a while, it dawned on me the other day that nearly all my headphones are open back, so after a little research to find the best closed back headphones, one brand name kept coming up, Fostex. Now that I have run them in for the last week and spent some time listening to both models I can see why, they almost don’t sound like a closed back.

Fostex are a Japanese company founded in 1973 and are best known in the world of Pro audio, they were also the first to pioneer affordable multitrack recording equipment. More recently though they have entered the market of High End Headphones and have jumped straight to the top with their closed back designs offering what are considered the best closed back headphones available today. Until recently they used to build the much respected Denon AH-D7000 headphones but Fostex have improved upon them in all areas with their own headphones. With the TH-900 I would say there is no better looking headphone with its red Urushi lacquer which really has to be seen to be appreciated.

There are many different designs of headphone technology out there today, dynamic, electrostatic and Planar Magnetic to name a few but the 2 most common kinds of headphones are closed and open back, Fostex are considered to be the reference company when it comes to closed back headphones, coming from the Pro market they understand what makes a headphone sound great, offering a full bodied, fast bass but also plenty of detail and a touch or warmth they really are quite special, not to mention how stunning the TH-900’s look. We have the TH-600 and TH-900 on demo so please come in to experience the ultimate in closed back headphones.

Please see more information here and a few pics -

Fostex Headphones and Headphone Amplifier

The TH-900 Unboxing

They come with a rather handy stand.

OOoohh, Very Nice :)

The Fostex TH-600 Unboxing.

The Darth Vadar Of Headphones.

So I now think we have got a pretty special collection of headphones on demo, hopefully something for everyone.

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update, Really busy at the moment planning next weekends HiFi Lounge showing at the National Audio Show in association with PMC speakers, Heed Audio and Bryston, in a moment of madness we have decided to now take on a room that is 4 times bigger than what we originally planned, which is slightly scary, but equally exciting, especially as it will really give the 2 systems that we are planning on running a real chance to sing.

We will now be situated in the Vale Suite on the first floor showcasing the awesome new PMC Fact.12’s driven by a full Bryston rig with 600 watts per channel and the more modest Heed si amp with x2 power supply and PMC 23’s which will sound equally as impressive considering the more modest price.

So next week looks like a busy one, what with van rentals to organise + pulling the HiFi Lounge demo rooms to pieces to move a lot of our demo stock over the Whittlebury hall for the show.

Being HiFi Lounge’s first show I am equally as nervous as I am excited so hope to see some of you guys there for what promises to be a lot of fun :)

Oh yeah, don’t forget that we are also offering 10% off any PMC speakers, Heed Audio or Bryston Kit purchased at the show or until the end of the month if you come and say hi and what with PMC Golden ticket promotion meaning you could actually get a pair of PMC Twenty speakers for free if bought before the end of October, so it really is a great time to come and have a listen.

Anyway see you at the National Audio Show :)

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Everyone,

Well there are only 2 days to go now before I up sticks and move a lot of HiFi lounge over to Whittlebury Hall for the National Audio Show this weekend, I really can’t wait. I spent last night pulling out all the boxes needed to take everything over safely, it is amazing how many empty boxes you end up with when you run a hifi shop, I think we are easily going to fill the Transit van we have hired, just hope we only need to make one trip.

In a last minute decision, partly bought on by the fact that we know have a bigger room, we have decided to take along a selection of our High End Headphones, basically the best from each manufacturer that we do, other than Stax for which I am taking along the 4170 system, as I think that offers great value for money and shows the classic Stax Lambda sound. As well as a great selection of cans we will be taking along the Bryston BHA-1 headphone amp and the Heed Canamp to drive them and will be using the Oppo 105 as the source with a selection of music, all being fed off a USB hard drive. I’m not sure how much critical listening will be able to be achieved as the PMC speakers will be really singing but it should give a fair idea of sound quality which can then be followed up with a visit to our dedicated headphone room to explore further.

So this is what we will be taking -

Sennheiser HD800

Grado PS1000

Fostex TH-900

Beyerdynamic T-1

Stax 4170 System

Audeze LCD-3

HiFiMan HE-6

Don’t forget that we are offering 10% Off any PMC, Heed or Bryston bought between now and the end of September.

Hope to see some of you over the weekend for what promises to be good fun, just need to figure out what tunes to play, I’d always wanted to be a DJ so maybe this is my chance, one things for sure though we won’t be playing the normal plinky plonk HiFi show music :)

To make things a little more challenging we are going to a big PMC party at Metropolis Studios in London Thursday night, the evening before the set-up day for the show, which probably isn’t the best idea, especially as I think there is a free bar, but considering PMC throw the best party’s there is no way we could miss that, so if we all look a little worse for wear over the weekend please be gentle on us :god:

In relation to the show, here is a great review on the Fact.12’s that we will be showcasing this weekend, I know Rene who wrote this and he was so impressed he actually bought a pair, you can’t say more than that.

PMC fact.12 nothing but the truth | The Ear

Right I must dash, I’ve got a lot of kit to start boxing up :)

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi All,

I really am going to have to stop bringing in speakers for demo, they really are starting to take over the building, saying that I just couldn’t resist the new Sonus Faber Venere 3.0, basically I have been so impressed with the Venere 2.5 that the proposition of that with a dedicated mid range driver sounded a little tasty.

Needless to say they haven’t disappointed, I have been running them in for the last couple of days and I am happy to say that they have that classic Sonus Faber smooth, organic sound with the dedicated mid really helping with portraying the vocal. They are a slightly bigger cabinet compared to the Venere 2.5 which helps give a slightly more open sound and along with the 2 bass drivers really does give a very full sound but with a very controlled bottom end.

Even though these are built in China I still find it hard to comprehend how they have managed to make such a stunning speaker for the money on both the looks and performance, for £2898 for gloss white or black or £3198 for the walnut finish these really do offer amazing value for money.

We now have the Venere 1.5, 2.5 and 3.0 on demo so please feel free to come in for a listen.

Here are a few pics of the Venere 3.0 -

The Venere 2.5 v the 3.0.

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

At Cedia last week OPPO announced an addition to their multi award winning range of current Blu-Ray players, the OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition). If I am totally honest I am new to Darbee technology but as I understand it you will have a Darbee button on the remote which will bring up a menu allowing you to enhance the picture from subtle settings to very noticeable in real time.

People that I know who have used it as a separate add on only have good things to say about it, I imagine it will be like the e-shift technology on JVC projectors which once you have seen in action you can’t live without, unbelievably it makes 1080p look soft and blurred.

So it is definitely an interesting proposition and considering it is only £100 more over the cost of the standard OPPO BDP-103EU I can see this being a very popular model for OPPO.

I have one on order for demo which will be with me shortly so if anyone would like to pop in for a demo and to see how the Darbee Technology is implemented and how effective it is please feel free to pop in.

Priced at £599 for Multi Region and £695 for Multi Zone they should be available to purchase from Monday 7th October, please ring for more details.

More information here -

OPPO BDP-103D Multi Region Blu-Ray Player

And a few Pictures of the player and the Darbee Technology in action -

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Everyone,

This is really difficult to write as I really want to be upstairs in the headphone room listening to our latest addition, roll on 5.30pm when I can lock the doors and loose myself in headphone nirvana :)

The reason for all the excitement? Well we have just taken delivery of the much respected Stax SR-009 headphones for permanent demo in our headphone room, I have long craved to own a pair of SR-009’s so this really is a big day. They are not cheap at £3695 + Energiser at £2295 for the Kimik Modified SRM-007tII, so a £5990 package, but these really are considered by everyone who has heard them to be the ultimate headphone.

They really need a minimum of 100 hours running in but I couldn’t resist to have a quick listen as soon as they arrived, the first thing you notice is how light and comfortable they are plus they really do look beautiful. After listening to couple of my favourite demo tracks it is evident straight away that the SR-009’s are something quite special, yes they have amazing clarity, offering a very open sound with very good bass weight, but it is how agile and delicate they make music sound that really struck me, I can see these getting quite addictive as I explore my music collection once again.

As I said this is almost a £6000 set up, but I shudder to think how much you would have to spend on a pair of speakers that can get close to what the SR-009’s offer, I would guess you would be into the 10’s of thousands, if not more, this is the great thing with headphones, you can get the best on the planet for what in high end hifi terms isn’t silly money.

Obviously it is early days and I will be running them 24/7 for the next few days to get them sounding their best but in the meantime if you’d like to hear what a truly reference headphone system sounds like please feel free to pop in, alternatively we will be having a general headphone open day sometime in November so the SR-009’s will be well and truly run in by then.

5.30 can’t come quick enough :)

Here is some more info on the SR-009’s -

Stax SR-009 Electrostatic Earspeakers

And a few pictures -

Busy Running Them In.

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Everyone,

Well it certainly took longer than expected to get my Michell Engineering Gyro Dec and Orbe on demo but I couldn’t be happier, as an Orbe owner before starting HiFi Lounge I always wanted to offer Michell turntables to our customers, as far as I am concerned there is no more iconic turntable that the Gyro Dec in HiFi, yes it looks stunning, it really is a great piece of engineering but most importantly it sounds equally good also, then there is the mighty Orbe, when you look at how much you can spend on a fully specc’d LP12 nowadays it makes the Orbe look like the bargain of the century, even when fitted with a top arm and cartridge.

When I owned my Orbe I always dreamt of having a SME V tonearm installed on it, now I have got the prefect excuse, as a dealer, to install one on our demo unit, and what a tonearm it is, I had never installed one before and I must admit that I thought it would be quite a painful experience considering all the adjustments that are possible but it really couldn’t have been easier, the instructions are fantastic and it takes you through step by step and before you know it you have got a 100% perfectly set up tonearm, the level of adjustment really is quite unbelievable, like the Michell turntables the SME tonearms really are quite a beautiful piece of engineering.

We have the Orbe SE with Iso Base and SEcure cover on demo partnered with the SME V tonearm and Dynavector XX2 cartridge, which all sounds amazing, for the Gyro Dec we have fully blown Gyro on demo with the Michell TechnoArm and a Dynavector 20x2 which sounds great also.

Don’t forget our 1st anniversary party on October 26th which is also a vinyl day so we will be running the Gyro Dec, Orbe and Rega RP8 on our Musical Fidelity, Bryston and Naim systems with vinyl for sale on the day, please do bring along any vinyl you’d like to hear, we are also having a Turntable themed cake being made which if it comes out as planned will be too good to eat :)

Please see below for more info on the Michell Engineering and SME ranges -

Michell Engineering

SME Tonearms and Turntables

As ever here are a few pictures -

From This, A Pile Of Boxes -

To This, The Gyro Dec In All Its Glory.

And The Excellent Orbe With SME V

Hope to see you at our vinyl day on October 26th :)

Cheers,

Paul.

It is that time of year again where we have to move on our JVC projector to make way for the new models, so HiFi Lounge are pleased to be able to offer our demo JVC DLA-X55 projector, boxed with all the documentation, as new condition with 2 Pairs of 3D Glasses and the 3D Emitter.

This Projector really has had very little use, it only has 115 hours on the bulb and comes with a full JVC warranty.

Price New - £4995
Our Price - £3750

Sorry for the picture, My friend was getting artistic, if you would like some colour ones please let me know.

This X55 can be viewed at our demo rooms in Bedfordshire where we have a high end cinema system installed with a 120" screen, so please feel free to come and have a look, if you could just ring first that would be much appreciated.

If you would like more information please PM me.

Collection only please, we are based near Biggleswade, Bedfordshire,

Payment on collection please.

Cheers,
Paul.

Just made a quick amendment to the above, I doubled checked the hours on the bulb at the weekend and it is actually only on 115 hours, so even better news :)

Hi All,

Being that Audeze are one of my favourite headphone brands as well as one of my most popular with their excellent LCD-2’s and LCD-3’s it is really exciting news that they are just about to extend their range of high end headphones with 2 more models, the LCD-X and LCD-X.

The LCD-XC being quite an interesting addition as it is the brands first closed back design, making it the first Planar Magnetic Headphone that is closed back, that I am aware of anyway.

Both the LCD-X and LCD-XC feature new driver designs called Fazor Technology which uses a thinner and lighter membrane which should produce a faster and more insightful presentation, they will certainly be fascinating to listen to once released.

They both look extremely stylish I have to say, with the LCD-X finished in anodized aluminium in gun-metal gray in black lambskin and the LCD-XC finished in black lambskin, gun metal gray aluminium enclosure with a choice of 4 wood cups, Iroki, Walnut, Purple Hear, Bubinga, please see pic below.

Prices and availability are yet to be confirmed but it does look like both new models will be released over the next few weeks and with pricing nearer to the LCD-3’s than the LCD-2. I will try and find out some more information today and update when I have some firm details, personally I can’t wait to get these in to listen to, hopefully we will have them here for our headphone open day on November 16th, I will be announcing more details on this shortly as we are going to have some great offers on the day.

I have now put the new Audeze’s on our website if you’d like to look at the spec in more depth -

Audeze Headphones and Cables

Here are a few pictures -

Audeze LCD-X

Audeze LCD-XC

Cheers,
Paul.

At HiFi Lounge we love our music but we also enjoy our movies so we wanted to offer our customers a line of AV receivers that most importantly were equally as good at music playback as well as cinema, with this is mind there was really only one choice, Yamaha, formed in 1887 as a piano and organ manufacturer, and now they are the largest manufacturers in the world of musical instruments meaning that they understand how to make a ‘musical’ AV Receiver.

Since the launch of their Aventage range of receivers they have really gone from strength to strength winning multiple awards with the Aventage RX-A3030 just winning the What HiFi Best Home Cimema Amp over £1500. To tip our toe in the water with Yamaha we have taken on both the Aventage RX-A1030 and RX-A3030 recievers for demo, the RX-A1030 priced at £999 and the RX-A3030 at £1999, both packed with features, including Spotify which is a great addition. If you feel you want more than a reciever Yamaha have now released the CX-A5000 Processor and MX-A5000 11 channel power amp, price at £2500 each they are certain to be quite a potent combination.

I know feel along with Yamaha, OPPO, JVC Projectors, REL and surround sound speaker packages from PMC, Sonus Faber, Spendor and Martin Logan that HiFi Lounge can now offer the full cinema experience which will work amazingly well for cinema but more importantly will also sound fantastic with music, So please come into our cinema room to immerse yourself in the Yamaha Aventage line of receivers and feel free to bring in any demo Blu-Rays you’d like to try.

Please follow the link below for the full range of the Yamaha Aventage Receivers -

Yamaha AV Receivers

Here are a few pictures of the range -

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Everyone,

In preparation for our vinyl day and 1st anniversary this weekend we thought we’d get in the mood by trying something a little different. In our upstairs demo room we have had a wall behind the projector that has been crying out for a splash of colour ever since we opened, so I spoke to my friendly artist, Stephen Hill, who did our excellent HiFi Lounge painting in our downstairs demo room and designed the HiFi lounge Logo, to see if he could come up with any vinyl inspired ideas, being the clever man that he is he instantly came up with something that was absolutely perfect.

Below is the initial drawing he did to give us an idea of what he was thinking -

Excellent we said, let’s do it, below are a few pictures of the work in progress -

PMC Wafers removed, Leaves A Rather Bare Looking Wall.

Then the image is projected onto the wall as a template.

Let The Work Begin.

There we go, a Michell GyroDec, One Of The World’s Most Iconic Turntables, larger than Life.

Now With The Wafers Back In Place, Looking Good :)

Side On.

Next up will be our Anniversary Cake, MMmmm, I wonder what that will be :)

Thanks to Stephen for his ideas and skill in making this happen and hope to see some of you for our 1st anniversary bash on Saturday.

Thanks,

Paul.

Hi Everyone,

For anyone who has been into HiFi Lounge recently you may have seen that we have had the Martin Logan Montis speakers here for the last couple of weeks but unbelievably I have been to busy to actually hook them up, well today I finally got them into place and have been running them all morning and they certainly don’t disappoint and sound as stunning as they look.

When I went to the Munich High End show earlier in the year one of the demo rooms had the Montis running and at that time I had never heard anything like them before, in the end over the weekend I kept going back to that room and the PMC room for the Fact.12’s, but it was that experience that led me to taking on Martin Logan as a brand.

I decided to take on the the Electromotions and the Montis for demo to show both ends of the Martin Logan spectrum, although you could spend more on the Summit X’s and CLX’s, the Electromotions cost £2499 and the Montis £9800 for their standard finishes, the Electromotions have a passive bass system whilst the Montis use an active system and they certainly do pack a punch, being active you can actually tailor the bass weight to your room, although I love a bit of bass I actually had to turn them down to their -2 setting then they sounded excellent, it is a great feature though, much like the Fact.12’s, giving you the ability to tune them to your room.

So how do they sound other than stunning? it really is their neutrality and transparency that hits you, it is such a clean and open presentation, you really do hear everything, but all this detail doesn’t come at the expense of musicality and they never sound hard, edgy or bright, they really are quite an achievement. I have spent quite a bit of time listening to the Electromotions, which I consider quite a bargain at £2499, and the main thing you notice with the Montis is the bigger soundstage and sense of scale, and with the active bass it is much faster with less overhang with more drive and impact.

Both are fantastic speakers though, especially if you want to hear everything in the recording, it is a totally different listening experience to a standard speaker so please feel free to come in and have a listen, Early next year we will be having a Martin Logan open day, hopefully I can get the CLX’s in for that :)

Please see below for the full line up of Martin Logan speakers on our website -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/martin-logan

Also here is a very good review of the Montis Speakers from HiFi Choice earlier in the year, it is actually the copy that we were the focus for the dealer visit, it must have been a sign :)

http://www.absolutesounds.com/pdf/main/press/HI_Fi_Choice_ML_Montis_Feb20134web.pdf

Below are a few pictures of the un-boxing -

Thanks,
Paul.

Hi All,

Just in time for winter to help keep us warm we have added PrimaLuna’s range of brilliant valve products, well that is not the only reason. Since we launched I have always wanted to add a valve brand to our portfolio as an alternative to all the solid state systems out there, but with so much choice out there I spent a good year reading reviews and doing my research as this was my first step into using Tubes and was a little wary of the technology and all the stories you hear about the problems of living with valves, but it didn’t matter what I read I always kept coming back to PrimaLuna for many reasons.

PrimaLuna are Dutch Company who launched their first valve amp in 2003 to glowing reviews, excuse the pun. The whole ethos behind PrimaLuna was to design Tube products that offer that beautiful human and lifelike valve sound but that had to be easy to use, affordable, beautifully built, and designed to last a lifetime, almost the perfect product. Really PrimaLuna have revolutionised the valve amp market by introducing ‘Adaptive AutoBias’ which is an exclusive design which monitors the tubes in real time and adjusts them as needed, so the tubes always perform at their best and you don’t have to worry about setting the bias. They also use a soft start circuitry so when you power up the amp it will wake up slowly so not to put too much stress on the valves and as well as the finest point to point wiring and the use of high end components and other safe guards in the design to prolong the life of the tubes, up to 10,000 hours for the output valves and 3000 hours for the power valves, all goes to making them as easy to live with as a solid state product.

We are concentrating on the PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium range which is their top range but are still extremely affordable and can cater for EL34 power valves offering that smooth laid back valve sound or KT88’s or KT120’s which offer more power, grip and scale, again in true PrimaLuna fashion it is extremely easy to swap valves as you would just take out say the EL34 and replace it with a KT120 and set the bias switch on the side to the KT120 position and the Bias is automatically set. Also the Dialogue Premium range comes with a seriously solid and quality remote which allows you to do all the normal stuff but it also allows you to switch between Triode and Ultralinear modes to offer 2 very distinct presentations, all this comes in a high gloss hand rubbed finish which completes a stunning package which is hard to believe for the price.

Obviously all of the above counts for nothing if it doesn’t sound any good but this isn’t a concern as I have been listening to the Dialogue Premium Integrated this morning on the Maggie 12’s and as combination it is stunning, if you have never experienced the valve sound before then you really should as it offers something very different to the conventional solid state amps, extremely lifelike, rich and real, much the same way that vinyl sounds, hence why vinyl and valves are 2 of the biggest growth areas in HiFi at the moment.

Currently I am running the EL34 power tubes with KT120’s on their way to me so that will be interesting to see how that alters the characteristics, at the moment we only have the integrated on demo but I also have on order the Dialogue Premium Preamplifier and 2 of the stereo/mono amps which you can either run as one stereo amp of at the flick of a switch it becomes a mono power amp, another brilliant PrimaLuna feature.

Anyway I’ll shut up now as I could go on forever on how good the PrimaLuna kit is, but mainly it is cracking value for money, looks and sounds amazing and is extremely easy to live with, for me that is an unbeatable combination, just watch your back though as I have never had to lift such a heavy piece of HiFi.

It has been said that everyone who is into HiFi and music should at least once in their life own a valve system, now I can see why and I can see a PrimaLuna system making its way into my house very shortly as I start to put a system together for home, so if you’d like to come in for a listen please feel free, right I’m off to try it with some different speaker combinations, as ever here are a few pictures and for the full range of products please click below -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/primaluna

With Its Protective Guard In Place

Naked & Beautiful :)

Who Turned The Lights Out!

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

At HiFi Lounge we are pleased to be offering the excellent Naim Allae Speakers in Cherry, Excellent condition, Boxed with all packaging and the manual, these we part exchanged against some new speakers.

They can be listened to at our demo rooms in Bedfordshire, so please feel free to come and have a listen and inspect the speakers, if you could just ring first that would be much appreciated.

We are an Authorised Naim Dealer so please buy with confidence.

Price - £800

Serial Number - 271092

If you would like more information please call me on 01767 448121 (8am-5.30pm) or e-mail on [email protected]

Please check our Ex-Display page on our website for great prices on ex-display, nearly new equipment from the best HiFi Brands.

Ex Display High End Sale Items - Bryston, PMC Speakers, Naim, Rega, Spendor, JVC

Here a few pictures of the Naim Allae speakers for sale -

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I’d share a few pictures from Saturday nights Queens Of The Stone Age Gig at Wembley Arena, what a night, amazing songs, amazing show and Josh Homme has got to be the coolest man on the planet, we managed to fight our way to the second row, dead centre and I think I’ve got several bruised ribs to prove it, once we got there you lost all control and had to go with the flow of the crowd, being crushed most of the time, I am certainly not as young as I used to be and I’m certainly feeling it, but it was worth all the effort to be in the thick of one of the best rock gigs I’ve been to in ages.

My wife is most definitely a bigger QOTSA fan than me but with the new album ‘Like Clockwork’ and along with this gig I’m finally starting to get it, if you like your rock and haven’t heard this album I certainly recommend it, amazing groove through he whole album.

Next we’ve got Embrace’s secret gig in a couple of weeks which states -

'This is going to be unlike anything we have ever done before, and for your own safety the ticket price includes goggles, face mask and protective clothing. We expect that it will get messy so please wear old clothes and footwear… (interpret this as you will)'

Certainly sounds intriguing and a little worrying :)

Anyway, here are a few pics from the QOTSA gig -

All Over, roll on the next gig!

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Everyone,

It has certainly been a year of adding brands to our portfolio, they have all been brands that I really believe in and enjoy personally and hopefully offer a great cross section of some of the best HiFi brands available today. I have now almost got all the brands that I wanted from day one with just one last big one that will have to wait till sometime next year but that will be the cherry on the top and gets me very excited just thinking about it :)

Since we launched I have been fortunate to borrow quite a few products from T+A and have always been extremely impressed with the very neutral presentation and stunning build quality so it gives me great pleasure to finally add T+A as one of our brands.

T+A are based in Germany and produce some of the world’s best HiFi equipment, whether that be valve based or solid state. T+A actually stands for ‘Theory and Application’ in the field of audio technology, basically T+A are scientists who love their music and finely hone all their hifi components to the highest quality, during development of their products there are no restrictions on expense or effort, only one thing matters to T+A and that is to achieve the perfect sound mixed with the finest German engineering, there really is nothing like the build quality of a T+A product and it is no wonder that T+A win so many awards and receive such glowing reviews.

T+A offer a huge range of products, they are like the Naim of Germany, but for now we have decided to just concentrate on 3 of their ranges, the DAC 8 and AMP 8 combo, the HV-Series for the ultimate in solid state and the V-Series for some of the best valve products currently available. I have to say if anyone is looking for a high end DAC then you must try the DAC 8 as it is truly stunning, with 4 different filters, a very impressive ‘Wide Mode’ which really does add width to the soundstage and a very high quality headphone amp section built in, it really is a fantastic DAC.

So if you’d like to experience any of the T+A range please feel free to get in touch to book a demo, please find a link to their range on our website and some pics below -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/t-a

HV-Series

DAC 8 & AMP 8

V-Series - M10 Mono Blocks

V-Series - D10 SACD/CD Player -

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Everyone,

Just like many people we have always had a soft spot for Arcam at HFL, Arcam gave us our first taste of what was possible with a decent HiFi set-up and as a previous owner of much Arcam kit including the AVR600, the 777/888 combo and CD37, when we started thinking about opening a HiFi Shop Arcam was top of my list and one of the first enquiries that I made, so I’m really please that Arcam have now joined our portfolio of brands.

Arcam are one of the most respected and established HiFi Brands in the UK, based just up the road in Cambridgeshire, they were formed in 1976 by science and engineering students from the University of Cambridge and since then have gone on to create multi award winning hifi components that have found themselves in many a home in the UK and around the world. Amongst firsts in HiFi, Arcam bought us the first outboard DAC, which has gone on to be extremely popular, especially at the moment with computer audio going from strength to strength, and the first domestic DAB tuner. Offering a wide range of equipment including Amps, Dacs and CD Players, but it is Arcams line-up of cinema receivers and processors that I think deserve a special mention here, there are not many companies that offer kit that is just at home playing the latest 7.1 movie extravaganza then switching to stereo and playing one of your favourites from you music collection, both at a very high level, they really offer a one box solution that has music running through its very core.

We have decided to offer much of the range for demo, starting with the excellent irDAC, the awards winning A19 and CD17 CD Player but it is the higher end equipment that we will be mainly focusing on like the amazing AVR750 and AVR450, the D33 SuperDac and the soon to be released AV950 processor paired with the P777 power amp, which by all means is going to be very special indeed, really looking forward to playing with that combo I have to say.

We are planning a Home Cinema open day for around the beginning of February where we will be showcasing the new the 950/777 combo with the new JVC X500 and representatives on hand from Arcam to discuss their new range of AVR’s and AV processors, more details to follow.

So please feel free to come in any time to listen to any of the Arcam range and see how they, to steal their phrase ‘Bring Music and Movies to Life’.

You can see their full range on our website here -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/arcam

Cheers,
Paul.

advertisement

Back