advertisement

HiFi Lounge - All Our Latest News, PMC, Naim, Bryston, Rega amongst Many others!

Hi Everyone,

Firstly both Wendy and myself would like to thank everyone who came along to our 2nd anniversary Vinyl 70’s day and made it such a fun event, it really was great to see so many people turning up with vinyl under their arm ready to play, it really was a very diverse day with a real mix of great music, roll on next year when we will unleash the 80’s, really can’t wait for that one as that was my era :)

Also over the last month or so we have had some great new products come in, firstly we now have the much anticipated Naim Muso on permanent demo, then there is the awesome new Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista 800 that has got to be the ultimate integrated amp, for one it is huge and extremely heavy but it really does sound sublime, then we have the excellent new A39 and A49 Class G amplifiers from Arcam which again really are quite special when it comes to a one box amplifier, other than amps we also have Arcam’s new UDP411 on demo which really is a universal player as it plays DVD, Blu Ray, CD, SACD and is also a 24 bit streamer all with the classic Arcam sound. If any of the above are of interest please feel free to get in touch, also both Arcam and Musical Fidelity are both running promotions at the moment so please see below -

Arcam Promotion:

In the summer Arcam ran their ‘Road To Rio’ trade in promotion for all their AV Receivers and Processors, starting from November 1st they are running a similar promotion that will run till the end of December, basically you can trade in any AV product, not necessarily and Arcam product and receive the below discount against Arcam’s AVR450, AVR750 and AV950, please feel free to ring for more details.

• Trade-in any home theatre product against an AV950 and receive a trade-in allowance of £950.00 (new trade-in RRP = £5,050.00)
  • Trade-in any home theatre product against an AVR750 and receive a trade-in allowance of £750.00 (new trade-in RRP = £3,250.00)
  • Trade-in any home theatre product against an AVR450 and receive a trade-in allowance of £450.00 (new trade-in RRP = £1,750.00)

Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista 800 Promotion:

Now the NuVista 800 is a very special amplifier indeed, offering a hybrid design of solid state amplification for 300 watts per channel mixed with a Nu-Vista valve pre-amp section to give a real naturalness to the sound, to celebrate the launch of this product Musical Fidelity are running the below promotion until January 31st 2015.

Basically HiFi Lounge will offer you the full retail price you paid for your current amplifier (any brand) against the Nu-Vista 800. This means you can make a monster upgrade with no loss on your outgoing amplifier. The small print is fairly straightforward: Nu-Vista 800 must be an upgrade from your traded in amplifier, the trade in must be working and in acceptable cosmetic condition and it needs to have its basic accessories (remote controls etc.) So as you can see this is quite a unique offer and if you are in the market for a new amp then definitely worth considering, in fact the Nu-Vista is so good that even if you are not in the market then I would most definitely still consider it.

PMC Speaker Trade In:

As everyone who knows us is aware we are un-ashamedly big fans of PMC speakers and we have decided to offer very good trade in prices against any speaker that is traded in against any of PMC’s speaker range for any new orders placed from the beginning of November till the end of the year, whether that will be against PMC twenty.21’s or up to the amazing Fact.12’s or even against the epic MB2 SE’s or BB5 SE’s, please feel free to give us a ring to discuss further.

So as you can see it looks like it is going to be a very busy run up to Christmas but please do not hesitate to get in touch to discuss any of the above or anything else Hifi or Headphone related.

Regards,

Paul.

Hi Guys,

Well I didn’t see this one coming, in response to the growing weight behind DSD downloads Bryston have announced the new BDA-3 Digital to Analogue converter which will play PCM up to 32 bit / 384Khz and DSDx4 natively and as if that isn’t enough it also includes 4 USB inputs and one output which really is quite different but could prove quite useful.

No prices yet but rest assured we will have one on demo as soon as available, more info below -

http://www.highendheadphones.co.uk/bryston/bryston-bda-3-external-dac

Cheers,
Paul.

HiFi Lounge are pleased to be offering the excellent Bryston BDA-1 DAC, it is around 2 years old and will come boxed as new with all documentation, everything is in mint condition.

This is our Display model, I still consider this one of the best DAC's out there at the full retail price so for £995 it really is a bargain.

Being that we are a Bryston Dealer it will come with the remainder of the 5 year warranty.

Price New - £2350
Our Price - £995

More information below -

http://bryston.com/products/digital_audio/BDA-1.html

This BDA-1 can be demoed to at our HiFi Lounge showroom in Bedfordshire, so please feel free to come and have a look, if you could just ring first that would be much appreciated.

If you would like more information please call Paul on 01767 448121 (8am-5.30pm) or e-mail on [email protected]

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi all,

I’ve just had a customer trade in some great Naim equipment, it really doesn’t get much better than this, just add a power amp and you’ve pretty much got the best Naim system available, other than Statement obviously :) Please see below for more details, everything is at HiFi Lounge so please feel free to come in for a look and listen, please call first though, these items can be sold individually or together as one system.

Everything is is mint condition and comes from a pet and child free house and has sat on Naim Fraim since bought, this is only available to the UK and collection would be preferred or possibly local delivery could be arranged.

Obviously we are a Naim dealer so please buy with confidence.

Naim NAC 552 Preamplifier

We are pleased to be offering the excellent Reference Naim NAC 552 Preamplifier with its partnering 552 PS which Naim converted to DR specification last year, it is around 3 years old and will come boxed as new with all documentation and Accessories, everything is in mint condition.

Price New - £18,995
Our Price - £10,995

Naim NDS Reference Network Player

Next up we are pleased to be offering the excellent Reference Naim NDS Network Player, it is around 18 months old and will come boxed as new with all documentation and Accessories, everything is in mint condition.

Price New - £7395
Our Price - £5500

Naim 555 PS DR Power Supply

Finally we are pleased to be offering the excellent Naim 555 PS DR, it is around 6 months old and will come boxed as new with all documentation and Accessories, everything is in mint condition, this is the perfect partner for the NDS.

Price New - £5995
Our Price - £4995

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Paul.

Hi All,

Its a strange one this as when we were planning to setup HiFi Lounge, around 2.5 years ago, I asked my web designer to add Copland as a brand and we’d activate it once I have my demo stock as I was always planning to bring Copland on as one of my first brands, not really sure what happened but for some reason I never got round to it, well at long last I am really pleased that we can now activate Copland on our website as I now have part of my demo stock in the building with their beautifully built CTA-405A integrated valve amp, it has recently been upgraded to the ‘A’ prefix as it now comes as standard with KT120 valves.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/copland-cta-405a-integrated-amplifier

Copland are a Danish company founded in the mid 1980’s by Olé Möller who over the past 30 years have produced valve and solid state amplifiers with their current range focusing on valve amplifiers. Copland products are known for their beautiful minimalist design and for their use of high grade components that have won them many followers amongst the audiophile community and with press alike, winning multiple awards around the world.

I guess what really spurred me on was Coplands announcement of their new DA 215 DAC, PRE & Headphone amp which we also have on order to use in Highend Headphones, this should be a really stunning product at a sensible price with a Class A headphone amp section and valve pre-amp.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/copland-da-215

Copland have always been known for making beautifully engineered equipment and just moving the volume control on the 405A shows why they have this reputation, it is silky smooth with just enough resistance.

At the moment as I say we have the CTA-405A on demo and the DA 215 to follow shortly and we will be looking to add the Pre/Power shortly. If you’d like to come in to have a listen please feel free, below are a link to the rest of their products and a few pictures -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/copland

The Valves Hidden Away!

Beautifully Engineered!

We're Getting Quite A Collection Of Valve Amps Now!

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

At HiFi Lounge we are pleased to be offering the excellent PMC Twenty.26's in Walnut. These are a customer trade in who bought them from us originally, he upgraded to PMC Fact.12's, they are around 6 months old, in as new condition and will come boxed with all documentation and packaging.

They come from a child and pet free home who is a non smoker.

Price New - £5750
Our Price - £4750

We are a PMC dealer so please buy with confidence.

These speakers can be viewed and listened to at our demo rooms in Bedfordshire, so please feel free to come and have a look and listen, if you could just ring first that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

Just a quick message to say that we now have the Arcam Solo Bar and Solo Sub on demo, I have to admit that sound bars have never really been something to get me too excited but as I am a bit of an Arcam fan when they announced the Solo Bar and matching sub I actually found myself looking forward to having a play.

Also I have to say that since we launched just over 2 years ago I don’t think I have had a product that has had so much interest, with the phone ringing and a lot of demo’s booked for it for before Christmas so it looks like Arcam are onto a winner here.

This is purely a 2.1 system with no surround sound trickery, which quite frankly is all a nonsense anyway, Arcam have concentrated solely on sound quality for TV, Movies but also music, it is almost as if Arcam have squeezed one of their A19’s into a soundbar shaped package as for music playback it really is very good indeed. Once unboxed you can run a room calibration setup using the supplied mic which really makes a huge difference, you can switch between on and off so you can choose what you prefer.

I will say though that if you are going to use Arcam’s new Solo Sub then I would really recommend a hard wired connection as opposed to wireless, wireless does work but with a cable connected the sub definitely has more drive and just seems more powerful.

The Solo Bar’s other strength is the number in inputs, 4 x HDMI, 1 x Coax, 1 x Optical, ARC + a sub out meaning that if your prefer to use another make of sub then that is a possibility, it really is hard to fault the Solo Bar really.

Whether listening to music or cinema the sub integrates perfectly with the Solo Bar with no real idea where the bass is coming from, I played the opening scene from Dark Knight and it really does pack quite a punch. Another feature that is quite useful is BlueTooth, not something that I use very often but it works faultlessly and even displays the name of the song playing on the Solo Bar which I thought was a nice touch, oh yes and there is also an app to replicate the remote control for either your phone or tablet.

So all in all, a brilliant pair of products from Arcam, if you’d like to come a have a listen please feel free to get in touch.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/arcam-solo-bar

http://hifilounge.co.uk/arcam-solo-sub

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

I found out about this product a couple of weeks ago and was firstly really surprised to hear that Astell&Kern, known for their highend portable products, would be entering the highend audio market, secondly I was really surprised by the price at £8999, this was going to have to be really good.

Luckily for me, the Astell&Kern distributors in the UK, Computers Unlimited, had the only model in the UK and unbelievably they kindly agreed to lend it to me to play with and have a listen to. Firstly this is an extremely well built product that really is far heavier than it looks, the styling is certainly interesting but there is going to be a matching power amp with a dedicated stand that will finish the look off.

So what exactly is it? Well in short, it is a highend cd ripper, network player and pre-amplifier, basically just add a power amp and you are ready to go, saying that it has a headphone out so you could use it as a stand alone desktop solution. This version comes with a 1TB SSD drive built in, so that will add to the price significantly, there will also larger drive options going forward. Where this product really wins though is that it has its own internal battery which in theory will improve the sound quite dramatically, much like the Chord Hugo, I can see this approach being adopted by many more products going forward. The battery can be charged whilst the unit is being played but this isn’t recommended as it will degrade the sound slightly, you have the option in the menu to either charge when being played or when in standby.

Also there is the touch screen which works very well indeed, if you have used any of the recent AK portable players you will be straight at home with the interface, we ripped a couple of CD’s to WAV, to be fair this did take quite a while but it is no effort to just let it rip whilst you are listening to something else. It is also seen as a server so other streamers can access the music, we used our Naim NDS to play some music from it and also you can access music stored on other servers from the AK500N, so it really is an extremely versatile product.

We hooked it up to a pair of Bryston 7B SST2 Mono Blocks and a pair of PMC Twenty.26’s to see how it sounded, needless to say that it was very good indeed, I used a variety of music and the same signature sound came through, very open and detailed but with a nice touch or warmth to give it that slightly analogue sound, apparently there will be an app coming shortly which will make the user experience a little better as at the moment you have to go up to the screen to use it.

So to sum up it is a great product if a little quirky looking and expensive but for people that are looking for the ultimate network player then this really should be listened to as with some innovative features like the battery power, Internal SSD storage and excellent pre-amp it really could offer a great solution to many audiophiles out there.

We will have it here until January 2nd if you’d like to come and have a listen, please find a few specs and pictures below -

• Cirrus Logic CS4398 x2 (Dual DAC)
  • One click CD-ripping
  • Easy DLNA-based networking
  • PCM to DSD
  • 4 BAY SSD
  • Uses a built-in battery for noise isolation
  • Multiple input and output connections
  • Price £8999

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi All,

Another quick blog to say that we now have Arcam’s new flagship FMJ P49 2 channel power amplifier on demo along with their new FMJ C49 Pre-amplifier.

It has certainly been a busy year for Arcam with them releasing products right up to the end of the year, lucky for us everyone has been a winner but for me after spending quite a lot of time listening to their A49 integrated amp based on Arcam’s Class G amplification it has been the P49 that I have been really waiting for.

I am not overly technical, I just know the sound that I like so I won’t go into the details of how Class G works other than the P49 gives 200 watts into 8 ohms, 400 watts into 4 ohms, but most importantly the first 50 watts are pure Class A, which is probably enough power for most speakers, I think it is fair to say that Class A does sound the best but runs hot and is inefficient, that has all changed with Arcam’s Class G technology, and the best part is that it sounds as good as I hoped.

Basically to help run it in I took it home, don’t tell the boss :) and have been running it on my PMC Fact.12’s through the Arcam AV950 and the results have been quite amazing, the Fact.12’s are not the easiest speaker to drive and do need a meaty amp to get the best from them but the P49 really has loads to spare and drives them with ease, what I love about this Class G technology is just how right everything sounds, you get a really great powerful, full and controlled bass with brilliant detail and seperation, it is such a well balanced sound that has a analogue and rich quality to it.

I was wondering if one P49 would be enough on the Fact.12’s, which it is but I can’t help wondering how it would sound with 2 x P49’s set as Mono Blocks :)

Not forgetting the C49, I have only had a quick listen to be honest, I hooked it up with the P49 partnered with the UDP411 as a source via its balanced outputs into our demo Fact.12’s and it sounded very well balanced, open with that great Class G drive at the bottom, I’m hoping to give it a more thorough try out over Christmas but early signs sounded very promising.

If you do fancy coming in for a listen please feel free to get in touch, below are the links on our website + a few pictures.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/arcam-fmj-p49

http://hifilounge.co.uk/arcam-fmj-c49

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

A real quick post before Christmas, I was hoping to blog this a week ago when announced but we were just too busy so most of you are probably aware of it, but I have to admit that it has been a long time since a product has been announced that has got that WOW factor that just makes you want one, step forward the Devialet Phantom, the new all in one speaker from Devialet that includes their ADH technology combining class A sound quality with Class D amplification.

Only a few people have heard the Phantom but by all reports it is absolutely astounding, especially for its size, there will also be a new app called Spark and a standalone remote and stand for Phantom, they can be linked to create a bigger system comparison of multiple Phantoms.

It will be released in January so we will have one on demo as soon as possible, please ring for more details, for now please see a few pictures below + a link to our website for more information -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/Devialet-Phantom

http://hifilounge.co.uk/devialet-silver-phantom

Have a great Christmas Everyone,

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi All,

I have to admit that power conditioners are an area that I haven’t spent too much time exploring in the past but have always felt it was an itch I wanted to scratch in more depth, as in principle they make a lot of sense, particularly nowadays with all the rubbish that sits on the mains ring polluting the supply which affects the performance of your hifi, have you ever noticed how your system can sound better late at night once everyone has turned everything off and gone to bed? I definitely find this at home.

I have tried a few conditioners in the past all with varying effects, but I borrowed one of Nic Poulson’s conditioners just before Christmas and had one of those rare WOW HiFi moments. We know Nic well thanks to his excellent Trilogy Headphone amps that we are big fans of and his other company is ISOL-8 which focuses on conditioners and mains distribution, Nic co-founded IsoTek which I’m sure many of you have heard of but he parted ways after a few years and set up Isol-8, I have to say he really does know his stuff.

At the moment we have the MiniSub Axis on demo, to be totally honest I have only tried it with headphones but the difference was so big that if you take headphone listening seriously I would really recommend that you at least borrow it from us and give it a try, I have tried a lot of kit over the years and it is very rare that you try something and it stops you in your tracks, there is one track that I have used for demo’s many times, when the MiniSub Axis was used I heard a car horn at the beginning that I have never heard before, I had to grab the iPad and go back as I wasn’t sure if it was outside, but it was on the recording but had just been lost before, quite amazing, then when I went back and took the MiniSub out the horn got lost in the mix again, the extra insight is great but you also get more detail, separation, textures, it really does help bring out parts of the mix.

We will have the MiniSub Axis setup permanently in Highend Headphones and I will shortly be adding a Substation Integra to try with the bigger hifi systems for HiFi Lounge, I strongly believe that adding an ISOL-8 conditioner will help get the very best from your system but I am also quite happy to lend our demo model out for anyone to try at home as every setup is different and the overall performance gains can be different, so if you’d like to give an ISOL-8 conditioner a try at home please feel free to get in touch to arrange.

Please find below a link to ISOL-8’s products on our website.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/isol-8

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

Wendy and myself were very honoured to receive an award from PMC Speakers the other day for ‘UK Retailer Award For Best Retail Experience 2014’ Being that it was our love for all things PMC and Bryston that actually planted the seed to move away from printing and to try our hand at being a HiFi Dealer really does make the award mean so much more.

Don’t worry I’m not going to do an Oscar speech now but we would just like to thank PMC for the award and for being so supportive since we approached them about possibly opening a HiFi shop nearly 3 years ago now but most importantly for making such great speakers :)

Below is the blurb from PMC’s press release + a picture of myself, Wendy and Tom Barron, PMC’s UK Sales Manager.

Best Retail Experience: HiFi Lounge

Especially significant as this award is based purely on customer feedback, the team at HiFi Lounge in Dunton, Bedfordshire has been commended due to its approachable manner and enthusiasm for PMC products and all things audio. By combining the highest level of professional knowledge with a superb showroom and retail environment, HiFi Lounge presents a welcoming and comfortable attitude to specialist audio-visual retail.

Don’t worry we won’t let it go to our heads :)

Cheers,

Paul & Wendy.

Hi All,

Since we launched HiFi Lounge towards the end of 2012 I have always wanted to offer 3 different turntable brands, we launched with Rega, probably Britain’s most well known Turntable brand with over 40 years experience behind them, then we added Michell Engineering, that was easy as I was an Orbe user for many years before opening HFL so was really keen to offer their turntables, but adding the third brand was a little tougher, well after looking at pretty much all the brands out there I’m really pleased to announce that we now have taken on Well Tempered Lab turntables.

Well Tempered Labs is a company owned by Bill Firebaugh, a former aerospace engineer who likes to think outside the box when it comes to turntable design, over the last 25 years + he has refined his innovative designs, many patented, to produce extremely musical turntables that have many unique features. As an example most Turntables have bearings in the tonearm, not here, according to Bill this introduces vibrations and resonance so he got rid of the bearing and used a golf ball damped in a silicon gel which offers damping for the arm helping keep the needle firmly in the groove, this along with squash balls used for suspension and an ‘invisible’ drive belt made from a polyester filament that has a diameter of 0.004 inches, all add up to a truly unique turntable design.

All of these innovations would stand for nothing though if WTL’s turntables didn’t perform, unsurprisingly they do, I have taken home our demo Versalex which we have fitted with the Dynavector Te Kaitora Rue Cartridge and I can honestly say that it is one of the best vinyl sounds I have ever heard, fantastic detail, very solid powerful bass but it is the vocal’s that really impress, very natural and smooth, there is also a very fluid sound to the overall presentation, I’m sure that the cartridge helps here but as a package it really is very special, it is going to be hard to bring it back into the shop I have to say, for more information on Bill Firebaugh’s design ideas please follow the link below -

http://www.welltemperedlab.net/welltemperedlab/philosophy/

One thing worth mentioning is when I was looking for one more turntable brand, Well Tempered’s name kept coming up and what was really interesting was how many people in the HiFi trade actually own Well Tempered Lab turntables which really helped in my decision making, as if guys that have listened to lots of decks buy Well Tempered for themselves then there must be something in it, they are also considered very good value for money going up against turntables costing much more and giving a really god account of themselves.

At the moment we have the Simplex and the Versalex on demo, the Amadeus GTA MK II will be coming in shortly, we have fitted the Simplex with Dynavector’s 10x5 cartridge which is also on our Rega RP6 and Michell Engineering TecnoDec so it is easy to compare decks and as mentioned have the stunning Te Kaitora Rue on the Versalex, so if you would like to come in for a listen please feel free to book an appointment.

Well Tempered are most definitely unconventional but when it comes to getting the best from your vinyl they are right up there with the best, please find a link below to their products on our website + a few pictures.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/well-tempered

Simplex

Versalex

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

As many of you know we are big fans of Magneplanar speakers here so once we heard the Maggie MG12, their smallest floorstander, was about to be upgraded we couldn’t wait to get our hands on the new model so it is great news that after a couple of months of waiting the new .7 Magneplanar speaker is now with us and on permanent demo.

They are styled slightly differently with metal side strips rather than wood and a rounded top rather than flat, it doesn’t sound much but it really helps make them a touch more stylish, as an option you can also now buy an oval stand that really does look quite nice. The main changes though to the .7 compared to the MG12 is that they now use the same ribbon technology, know as Quasi Ribbon, as the rest of the Maggie range meaning that the .7 is a faster speaker and more insightful, it is still a 2 way speaker though which helps keep the size reasonably small for a panel speaker.

I have been running them for the last couple of days on our PrimaLuna valve amp and I have to say that even though the .7’s now cost £2000 I really don’t think you will find a more magical speaker than the .7, OK Maggies have their limitations but what they do well they really can’t be beaten, if you listen to a lot of vocal, acoustic, jazz, blues, orchestral, well most types of music really other than industrial metal then I really recommend you come and have a listen, as I really do think that the .7’s are a real HiFi bargain and there aren’t many of them around.

Please see below for a couple of pictures and a link to the Magneplanar lineup on our website -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/magnepan

Maggie .7 with optional oval stand!

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Everyone,

To start our open days off for 2015 we thought we’d start with a bang, after the success of last years Led Zeppelin day with Dave Lewis from ‘Tight But Loose’ Dave will be back again but this year we are widening the bands we will be playing to those classic rock bands that we all love, so expect loads of Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Some Led Zeppelin of course, David Bowie, The Who, Rolling Stones, Yes, Eagles, I will definitely sneak some Springsteen in, but basically any rock from the 70’s is welcome, I may even slip in some Guns & Roses, not strictly 70’s but it was over 20 years ago that they shook the rock world so that makes them a classic rock band in my book.

Dave Lewis will be in attendance with the TBL crew and there will also be a variety of TBL products on offer including TBL magazines, books and T-shirts. He will also be staging a fun Zep/Classic Rock quiz with prizes to be won.

We will be running the fantastic PMC MB2 SE speakers with a full Bryston rig comprising of their awesome 1000 watt 28B SST2 Monoblocks, if anything can rock then this system is it :) We will use a mix of CD and vinyl, for vinyl we will be using our new Well Tempered Versalex Turntable with the amazing Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua MC Cartridge fitted and for any video footage we can fire up the JVC X500 projector on our 120” screen.

Get your records cleaned!

To offer something a little different on the day, Barry from Grade1 Records - the Cherished Music Store will be on hand to clean any records that you’d like to get the best from, either give your old favourites a new lease of life or even if you have got any brand new pressings they really do benefit from a clean as it will remove the releasing agent used when pressing the album, this really does greatly improve dynamics so I would definitely recommend you give it a try if you love your vinyl, priced at £3 per vinyl so definitely worth a try.

We will supply refreshments throughout the day with Wendy making sure that everyone is got ample tea and coffee, so please put March 21st in your calendar for a day that is just to enjoy some classic rock music on some great equipment and to have some fun.

Let’s Rock and raise the HiFi Lounge roof!

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi All,

Just a quick post as Naim have just announced their latest product, the NAC-N 272 Streaming Preamplifier.

We are big fans here of the NAC-N 172 and this new product takes this idea to the next level, other than it being a step up in design and performance, where it stands out is that the NAC-N 272 is also upgradable via either Naim’s XP5 XS, XPS or 555PS Power Supplies further enhancing performance, and for the first time in a Naim product DSD is supported, this will be added to other streamers in the Naim range via a firmware update shortly. Also there is connectivity via Bluetooth and Spotify Connect is also catered for.

The beauty of mixing the streamer and preamplifier is that both these components in a hifi system are both very ‘quiet’ with no big power amps inside of moving parts so there really isn’t much compromise on performance and when the NAC-N 272 is partnered with either a NAP250 or even a NAP300 you end up with a high performing hifi system without too many boxes.

The NAC-N 272 is Priced at £3300 or £3595 with DAB/FM and will be available in March, we have our demo model on order so if you’d like to come in and demo it please feel free. Please see below for more information on our website -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/naim-nac-n-272-streaming-preamplifier

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi all,

Just a quick update, we will now have vinyl for sale at our 'Classic Rock Saturday' open day on March 21st as Barry from The Cherished Music Store will be bringing along a collection of used vinyl and CD’s for sale on the day so it will be an opportunity to maybe pick up some bargains along with getting your favourite records cleaned. We will set Barry up in the downstairs demo room for cleaning and selling, so this will be the chillout room, with all the rocking happening upstairs :)

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

It is no secret that we are big fans of Chord’s Hugo here so inevitably I was intrigued by the rest of the Chord Range and after listening to their setup in Munich last year driving the mighty PMC BB5 SE’s and trying a couple of components to make sure that it performs well with our speakers I was sold, so I am really pleased to announce that HiFi Lounge will now be a Full Chord Electronics dealer offering their full range.

Chord Electronics were established in 1989 and have gone on to be one of the worlds leading manufacturers of Highend Audio, under the leadership of their owner John Franks, Chord have always strived to to push forward the world of audio to offer landmark products giving fantastic performance mixed with stunning design and build quality

I think it is fair to say that there is no other audio brand out there quite like Chord Electronics, offering highend audio products with unique styling and stunning build quality which are all hand built in the UK in rural Kent. Possibly best known for their DAC’s, under the leadership of Rob Watts, they also offer a range of highend components. With customers like Skywalker Sound, Air Studios, and Even Sir Paul McCartney on their books along with stunning reviews that their equipment gets you can be sure that Chord really do offer some of the best products currently available today.

Along with Hugo we will also have the much anticipated Hugo TT on demo shortly along with the brand new CPM 2800 MKII Integrated amp, with a digital section based on Hugo and also we will have Chords Reference Network player to give a good taste of how Chord performs.

Personally I can’t wait get these products in to have a listen to, once they are here I will post some pictures and initial impressions, it goes without saying that if you’d like to come in for a listen please get in touch to make an appointment, below is a selection of the Chord Range on our website and watch out for a Chord Electronics Open Day coming soon -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/chord-electronics

Chord Electronics SPM 14000MkII Ultimate Mono power amplifier

Chord Electronics Red Reference Mk III CD Player

Chord Electronics DSX1000 Reference network music player

Chord Electronics CPM 2800 MKII digital integrated amplifier

Chord Electronics Hugo TT Desktop DAC / Headphone Amplifier

Munich Highend Show 2014

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

Just a quicky to let everyone know if you haven’t already seen, that at the Bristol HiFi Show this weekend PMC Speakers have launched their latest product to join their multi award winning Twenty loudspeaker range, the Twenty.Sub which surprise, surprise, is a Subwoofer which is designed to match perfect with the Twenty range of speakers and can used for both movies and music, personally I’m quite looking forward to trying it with the Fact.8’s also.

Available in April and priced at £2950, it incorporates PMC Transmission line technology partnered with sophisticated class D power and custom 7” twin bass drivers so it is certainly going to pack a punch, needless to say we will have one on demo as soon as it is available so please feel free to come in for a listen.

Please find a couple of pics below and a link to it on our website.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/pmc-twenty-sub

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Everyone,

I don’t think there is any better known or more respected cable company in the UK than The Chord Company so when we were looking to bring another cable company on to give an alternative to our Atlas range that we are big fans of then The Chord Company was the obvious choice, especially with their excellent Sarum range of highend cables so it gives us great pleasure to now be able to offer Chord’s cables to our customers.

At this time we are focusing on Chord’s higher end cables so we have the Signature Tuned Aray cables and also their brand new Sarum Super Aray cables on demo which were launched at Bristol last week and replace the Tuned Aray cables after a few years of being the go to highend cable for may HiFi enthusiasts as it offers unrivalled levels of transparency, insight and musicality, so I am really looking forward to sitting down and giving this new range a good listen.

Don’t worry though if you have the previous Sarum cables though as these can be upgraded to the new Super Aray spec by going back to Chord, if this is something you’d like to discuss please feel free to get in touch.

Obviously cables are very subjective and to really hear how they can improve your system you do really need to try them in your system at home so if you’d like to give either the Sarum or Signature a try please get in touch to arrange a home demo.

Introducing Chords New ‘Music’ Cable

As if Chord’s Sarum wasn’t highend enough Chord also announced at Bristol that they will shortly be launching their new flagship range which will sit above Sarum called ‘Music’, this will be a development on the Sarum Super ARAY’s unique conductor configuration but will be using a new isolating material called ‘Taylon’ which has never been seen in cable manufacture before and will reveal even more detail from a recording but will also allow poor recording to sound their best which sounds like a winner to me, needless to say we will have these cables on demo once available.

As I said please feel free to get in touch to arrange a demo or to try the Chord range in your system at home, please find a link to the highend end of the Chord range on our website -

www.hifilounge.co.uk/the-chord-company-cables

Cheers,

Paul.

advertisement

Back