1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

HiFi Lounge - All Our Latest News, PMC, Naim, Bryston, Rega amongst Many others!

Discussion in 'trade announcements' started by HiFi Lounge, Feb 27, 2013.

1. HiFi Lounge

HiFi Lounge Trade: HiFi Lounge

Hi All,

At the Bristol HiFi Show this weekend Rega announced red versions of the excellent Planar 2 and Planer 3 turntables and I have to say that they look gorgeous, also look closely to the Planar 3 and see if you can notice anything else a little different, I had to take a double take as I could see the cartridge didn’t look like an Elys2 that would normally come with a Planar 3 and actually looked more like Rega’s top end Apheta 2 design, well it turns out it is a new cartridge called the Ania which is a Moving Coil design and will retail for £498 and should be the perfect partner for the Planar 3 and RP6, there will also be a cheaper MC phono stage coming shortly from Rega called the Fono MC for £248 to match the Ania, I can see these being very popular indeed as we seem to get more and more demand for turntables as the months go on which is really great to see.

Please see some pictures below of the new finish, needless to say we will have these on demo asap, the red versions of the TT’s will be available sometime on April so if you’d like to place a pre-order please get in touch -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/rega

Rega Planar 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rega Planar 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Paul.

2. HiFi Lounge

[​IMG]

Hi All,

Well Piega have done it again, for the 2nd time the Piega rep has bought a pair of speakers in that I just can’t resist, in all honesty the last thing I need in here is more speakers but everytime Piega bring something new in I just can’t believe how good they are, especially for the money, so I end up buying a pair, I am so weak.

Obviously there is a lot of choice when it comes to speakers but the TMicro really does offer something different, firstly they are very slim, very difficult for anyone not to like their styling I would say, secondly they use a ribbon tweeter giving a very natural and open sound, thirdly the cabinets are made from aluminium and when it comes to price I am still not sure how Piega do it but they are only £1499 for the aluminium finish or £1599 for black or white.

So they really do offer a very stylish lifestyle look but also don’t compromise on sound quality, needless to say they can be a little limited at the bottom end as due to the cabinet width the driver are quite small but I have put a small REL T-Zero with them and once matched well it is a great partnership giving a sound for under £1900 that I would say is unbeatable.

Anyway we have them on demo if you’d like to come and have a listen anytime, I know you’ll be impressed as I was :)

http://hifilounge.co.uk/piega-tmicro-60-speakers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Paul.

3. HiFi Lounge

[​IMG]

Hi All,

Well I guess most people have heard of Sony, I would say they are pretty much the leading manufacturer of electronic products in the world today so we are really pleased to add Sony’s range of projectors to our portfolio, especially their 4K range that has just had 3 new editions, the VPL-VW260ES, VPL-VW360ES and the laser VPL-VW760ES, which now brings Native 4K projection down to £5199 with the 260ES.

On Permanent Demonstration

These new projectors join the already well established and multi award winning VPL-VW550ES which we now have on permanent demo, soon to be joined by the VW260ES once available.

When it comes to Native 4K projection I think it is fair to say that Sony really are leading the way, especially now as you can enter at the £5000 price mark. Large screen TV’s are pretty much common place nowadays but if you really love Cinema then there is nothing better than watching your favourite films and the latest blockbusters projected onto the big screen for that truly cinematic feel, it is much more immersive and really does make a 65″ look quite small, I know it is not always possible to add projection for a lot of people, but if you can I strongly recommend you give it a try, there will be no going back.

Sony’s latest projectors really are packed with all the latest features like 4k and HDR and with Sony’s latest SXRD panel you get extremely high contrast but not at the expense of deep black levels, for me though it is the level of detail these projectors can conjure up that is quite remarkable, especially when fed something like Planet Earth 2 in 4k with HDR, not to mention the very natural colour balance and smooth motion, we have this Blu Ray here so if you’d like to see 4K projection at its best please feel free to come in and we can fire it up, I know you will be impressed.

It should also be mentioned that you get up to 6000 hours bulb life from a Sony Projector so you really can use it as much as you like and not have to worry about the bulb wearing out.

[​IMG]

Arcam / Sony Cinema Of Excellence Open Day - November 25th

A quick headsup, we are going to have an Arcam Cinema of Excellence event here using the Sony VW550ES on November 25th showing what is possible with Arcam’s brilliant range of Receivers and Processor’s and Sony’s latest 4K projectors showing some excellent 4K footage so please put the date in your calendar, should be a good one.

So we may be a HiFi Shop but we do love our home cinema and with brands like Arcam, OPPO, JVC and now Sony I think we have the brands to put together some of the best home cinema systems available so please feel free to come along to experience what is possible with a demo in our Atmos 5.1.4 Home Cinema room.

Please see below for a link to the full range of Sony Projectors -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/sony-4k-projectors

Thanks,

Paul.

[​IMG]

4. HiFi Lounge

[​IMG]

Hi All,

I just wanted to make everyone aware of a great promotion Devialet are holding at the moment until the 15th November, basically if you have a White or Silver Phantom then Devialet are making it very easy for you to upgrade to the excellent Gold Phantom which is more powerful, has a much more open tweeter and has a later internal architecture to give a real step up in performance, we have the full range of Phantom’s here if you would like to come in to compare.

Please see below for the costs involved to upgrade to the Gold Phantom -

How much?

• Phantom to Gold Phantom: £1,190
    • Silver Phantom to Gold Phantom: £990

As you can see it is a very good promotion, if you are interested please get in touch, all you need to do is bring your Phantom’s into me, pay the balance and you will walk away with your Gold Phantoms.

Any questions please don’t hesitate to ask, don’t forget though that this promotion only runs till 15th November.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/devialet-phantom-range

Cheers,

Paul.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. HiFi Lounge

Hi All,

I just wanted to say a big thank you to our resident artist and friend Keith Sunasky who has just been in and installed 2 paintings that we commissioned him to do for our new Highend Room and we really couldn't be happier, they look just awesome, Perfect, thanks Keith :)

We have got quite a lot of Keith's art up in the showrooms so if you like what he does then please feel free to come in and see if any of it takes your fancy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Paul.