advertisement

HiFi Lounge - All Our Latest News, PMC, Naim, Bryston, Rega amongst Many others!

Hi All,

At the Bristol HiFi Show this weekend Rega announced red versions of the excellent Planar 2 and Planer 3 turntables and I have to say that they look gorgeous, also look closely to the Planar 3 and see if you can notice anything else a little different, I had to take a double take as I could see the cartridge didn’t look like an Elys2 that would normally come with a Planar 3 and actually looked more like Rega’s top end Apheta 2 design, well it turns out it is a new cartridge called the Ania which is a Moving Coil design and will retail for £498 and should be the perfect partner for the Planar 3 and RP6, there will also be a cheaper MC phono stage coming shortly from Rega called the Fono MC for £248 to match the Ania, I can see these being very popular indeed as we seem to get more and more demand for turntables as the months go on which is really great to see.

Please see some pictures below of the new finish, needless to say we will have these on demo asap, the red versions of the TT’s will be available sometime on April so if you’d like to place a pre-order please get in touch -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/rega

Rega Planar 2

Rega Planar 3

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

Well Piega have done it again, for the 2nd time the Piega rep has bought a pair of speakers in that I just can’t resist, in all honesty the last thing I need in here is more speakers but everytime Piega bring something new in I just can’t believe how good they are, especially for the money, so I end up buying a pair, I am so weak.

Obviously there is a lot of choice when it comes to speakers but the TMicro really does offer something different, firstly they are very slim, very difficult for anyone not to like their styling I would say, secondly they use a ribbon tweeter giving a very natural and open sound, thirdly the cabinets are made from aluminium and when it comes to price I am still not sure how Piega do it but they are only £1499 for the aluminium finish or £1599 for black or white.

So they really do offer a very stylish lifestyle look but also don’t compromise on sound quality, needless to say they can be a little limited at the bottom end as due to the cabinet width the driver are quite small but I have put a small REL T-Zero with them and once matched well it is a great partnership giving a sound for under £1900 that I would say is unbeatable.

Anyway we have them on demo if you’d like to come and have a listen anytime, I know you’ll be impressed as I was :)

http://hifilounge.co.uk/piega-tmicro-60-speakers

Thanks,
Paul.

Hi All,

Well I guess most people have heard of Sony, I would say they are pretty much the leading manufacturer of electronic products in the world today so we are really pleased to add Sony’s range of projectors to our portfolio, especially their 4K range that has just had 3 new editions, the VPL-VW260ES, VPL-VW360ES and the laser VPL-VW760ES, which now brings Native 4K projection down to £5199 with the 260ES.

On Permanent Demonstration

These new projectors join the already well established and multi award winning VPL-VW550ES which we now have on permanent demo, soon to be joined by the VW260ES once available.

When it comes to Native 4K projection I think it is fair to say that Sony really are leading the way, especially now as you can enter at the £5000 price mark. Large screen TV’s are pretty much common place nowadays but if you really love Cinema then there is nothing better than watching your favourite films and the latest blockbusters projected onto the big screen for that truly cinematic feel, it is much more immersive and really does make a 65″ look quite small, I know it is not always possible to add projection for a lot of people, but if you can I strongly recommend you give it a try, there will be no going back.

Sony’s latest projectors really are packed with all the latest features like 4k and HDR and with Sony’s latest SXRD panel you get extremely high contrast but not at the expense of deep black levels, for me though it is the level of detail these projectors can conjure up that is quite remarkable, especially when fed something like Planet Earth 2 in 4k with HDR, not to mention the very natural colour balance and smooth motion, we have this Blu Ray here so if you’d like to see 4K projection at its best please feel free to come in and we can fire it up, I know you will be impressed.

It should also be mentioned that you get up to 6000 hours bulb life from a Sony Projector so you really can use it as much as you like and not have to worry about the bulb wearing out.

Arcam / Sony Cinema Of Excellence Open Day - November 25th

A quick headsup, we are going to have an Arcam Cinema of Excellence event here using the Sony VW550ES on November 25th showing what is possible with Arcam’s brilliant range of Receivers and Processor’s and Sony’s latest 4K projectors showing some excellent 4K footage so please put the date in your calendar, should be a good one.

So we may be a HiFi Shop but we do love our home cinema and with brands like Arcam, OPPO, JVC and now Sony I think we have the brands to put together some of the best home cinema systems available so please feel free to come along to experience what is possible with a demo in our Atmos 5.1.4 Home Cinema room.

Please see below for a link to the full range of Sony Projectors -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/sony-4k-projectors

Thanks,

Paul.

Hi All,

I just wanted to make everyone aware of a great promotion Devialet are holding at the moment until the 15th November, basically if you have a White or Silver Phantom then Devialet are making it very easy for you to upgrade to the excellent Gold Phantom which is more powerful, has a much more open tweeter and has a later internal architecture to give a real step up in performance, we have the full range of Phantom’s here if you would like to come in to compare.

Please see below for the costs involved to upgrade to the Gold Phantom -

How much?

• Phantom to Gold Phantom: £1,190
  • Silver Phantom to Gold Phantom: £990

As you can see it is a very good promotion, if you are interested please get in touch, all you need to do is bring your Phantom’s into me, pay the balance and you will walk away with your Gold Phantoms.

Any questions please don’t hesitate to ask, don’t forget though that this promotion only runs till 15th November.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/devialet-phantom-range

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi All,

I just wanted to say a big thank you to our resident artist and friend Keith Sunasky who has just been in and installed 2 paintings that we commissioned him to do for our new Highend Room and we really couldn't be happier, they look just awesome, Perfect, thanks Keith :)

We have got quite a lot of Keith's art up in the showrooms so if you like what he does then please feel free to come in and see if any of it takes your fancy.

Cheers,

Paul.

Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista Vinyl Phono Stage Now On Demo!

Hi all,

Now this is what you call a Phono Stage, we’re big fans of the Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista range at HFL so I was really pleased when I heard they were going to release a Nu-Vista phono stage, it just seems to make so much sense, Nu-Vista valves and vinyl, a match made in heaven :)

Well our demo model arrived last week and when you see it you know this has been designed to get the best from your record collection, if you’ve got a Nu-Vista setup and you love your vinyl then you really need to give this a listen, saying that whatever system you have, if vinyl is your thing this would be worth putting on your audition list as it really is one of those products that comes along every now and again that you can see has been over engineered and designed with a focus to deliver music at it’s best, I have had it running on our Michell Orbe yesterday and it really does sound gorgeous.

It has 5 inputs, MM or MC compatible, RCA or Balanced outputs, selectable Gain, easy to adjust cartridge loading from front panel, remembers each input setting, fully balanced power supply’s for each channel, cannot be overloaded, no distortion and obviously those NuVista valves, this really is a power house of a phono stage with no stone left unturned to get the best performance from your vinyl.

We now have the Nu-Vista Vinyl on permanent demo so please feel free to book a demo to come along and have a listen, don’t forget to bring your favourite records.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/musical-fidelity-nu-vista-vinyl

Cheers,
Paul.

Sony VPL-VW760ES 4K HDR Laser Projector Now On Demo!

Hi Everyone,

This is just a quick one to say that we now have the amazing Sony VW760ES 4K HDR Laser Projector on permanent demo.

Up until recently I have always run JVC Projectors in the shop and at home but their reluctance to offer affordable 4K Native Projectors made me switch to Sony who are really leading the way in this area and I have to say I have no regrets moving over to Sony.

I will say though that with the rise of big 4K OLED TV’s and their ability to show how dramatic HDR content can be, which can be a bit of an achilles heel for projection, for the first time ever I have been leaning towards watching films on a 65″ OLED and although I was really missing that big screen experience it was the stunning quality of the picture that seemed worth the size decrease sacrifice.

Well, that was until Sony bought in their new VW760ES Laser Projector a couple of weeks ago to show us, talk about stunning, it really is quite shocking how good the projected image is from this Projector, amazing contrast, great black levels but it is hard to put into words just how immersive this picture is, Wendy commented that you really feel like you can walk into the scene being shown, almost like 3D without 3D glasses.

So I just couldn’t resist and ordered one for demo, at £14,999 this really isn’t cheap and before I have always been content at the £5000 price point for a PJ but once I had seen this I just couldn’t go back and to be fair for a Laser Projector this is actually very good value, especially when you consider that the JVC Laser equivalent is £20,000 more expensive at £34,999, no wonder Sony can’t keep up with the demand at the moment.

So needless to say if you’d like to come in to see state of the art projection in our Atmos cinema room please feel free to get in touch to make an appointment.

At the moment we have the 3 Sony Projectors on demo giving a good representation of the range with the VW260ES at £5199, the VW550ES at £9899 and this VW760ES at £14999, all 4K HDR but for me if you can stretch to the 760ES you really won’t be disappointed.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/sony-4k-projector-VPL-VW760ES

Many thanks,

Cheers,

Paul.

New Spendor A4 and A7 Speakers Now On Demo!

Hi Everyone,

This is a real quick one to just say that we now have the new Spendor A4 and A7 on permanent demo, I only un-boxed them last night but I think it is fair to say that Spendor have been on a roll lately with the excellent D7 followed by the D9 so really keen to listen to these.

I decided to go with the premium satin white finish on the A4 which actually looks really smart and the black ash on the A7 which also works, the A4 is priced at £2195 for standard colours with the white coming in at £2415 and the A7 starts at £2995 with white costing £3295.

I will have them running in over the next few days so if you fancy a listen please feel free to pop in.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/spendor-speakers

Cheers,
Paul.

New Rega Aura Reference Moving Coil Phono Stage On Demo!

Hi Everyone,

When it comes to vinyl there are not many companies as experienced as Rega so when they say they have a new phono stage that is the best they can possibly make and will get the best from your record collection, well I just couldn’t resist, so I am pleased to say that we now have the new Rega Aura Reference MC Phono Stage on permanent demo.

I have just finished un-boxing it so please find a few pictures below, it is certainly beautifully made, it is priced at £3999, so certainly not cheap, but if you love your vinyl and want to get the very best then please feel free to get in touch to arrange a demo or alternatively please feel free to try it in your system at home.

Please find more info below -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/rega-aura-reference-series-amplifier

Cheers,
Paul.

Arcam’s New HDA Range Now On Demo!

Hi Everyone,

Like myself I am sure at some point most of us have owned Arcam or still do, at the moment I run their AV860 at home along with a couple of P429′s for cinema duties so it is always great news when Arcam bring something new to market and with their new HDA range they are offering truly great performance at very competitive prices.

We have all 3 new products on permanent demo, the SA10 integrated amp really sings and now with the added DAC section comprising of the excellent Sabre DAC really does give brilliant value for money but for me the pairing of the SA20 with it’s Glass G power and the CDS50 CD/SACD and Network player is a pretty potent combo as you can get both for £1698 and partnered together really do sound excellent.

I did a demo of this combo last week with the very impressive diminutive Spendor A4′s and that certainly made a good pairing but the SA20 certainly has enough power to drive bigger speakers.

Please find more info below on our website and if you’d like to come in for a demo anytime please feel free.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/arcam

Cheers,
Paul.

advertisement

Back