advertisement

EXACTLY why did Tony sell his Tannoys?

Chaps

The answer is obvious. Stop farting around with wierd stuff and go for the solid and reliable stuff with a proven track record.

In the case of speakers (including old stuff) I would go for big Tannoys, Briks, ATC, DBLs, NBLs and others of a similar stardard.

By buying this sort of stuff, you are not going to go far wrong.

I am presuming you agree that as a general maxim, the bigger the speaker the better.

Regards

Mick

I am presuming you agree that as a general maxim, the bigger the speaker the better

Tony, F.F.S stop dicking around with weedy 15" drivers.

med_big_speaker.jpg
T

The girl on the right really got the shitty end of the stick look at the size of that speaker she has had to lift onto the desk, whilst her colleague has only had to lift that tiny one and got a chair to sit on - looks like a classic case of employer bullying to me.

30a1de9d.jpg

Anyone think of a caption?

"Chaps

The answer is obvious. Stop farting around with wierd stuff and go for the solid and reliable stuff with a proven track record."

lrg_cavalry_radio.jpg

Using Portable Radio equipment whilst riding can result in injury to yourself or others - always bring horse to a complete standstill before attempting to use the equipment - and never send or receive Morse code whilst in motion.

Anyone think of a caption?[/QUOTE]

Imagine Algernon's surprise; he was expecting a Sopwith CAMEL!

so did Tony sell his Tannoys, then? And now he's selling the Harbeths as well?

what next, buying SBLs?!

deffo not he wants an upgrade.

quick naim joke alert....

tony i will keep my eyes open for some decent tannoys a mate just sold some nice 12"s

continuing with the rather boring response...

we search for 'flat' speakers, but really all speakers have character, so its a case of finding a character we're willing to call a friend. And our 'friend' will insist on doing things its own way. I've just been listening to a few rarely-played LPs tonight, and its been interesting hearing how my KLH5s react.

anyways, on with the discussion - all groovy in the photo, but there is a hint of reel-to-reel in the left corner...can't work out what it is...

advertisement

Back