advertisement

Dogs

How old and has it been neutered?
BTW you can't walk the legs off a Jack Russell probably along with Collies and Spaniels the most energetic dogs you can get. Brilliant for getting rid of rats!!!

Dog breeds are chipped as a matter of course here in France.

There are a number of charities, and nearly every major town has a yearly show where you can go and take one of the rescue animals for 100€ which includes neutering, a health check and chipping. Much more humane than slaughtering after a week.

With the breeds it depends on the kennels, but the good ones usually have some kind of ownership checks. I had to answer a number of questions before I was allowed to have my current animal, which known to be a difficult, albeit not aggressive, breed.

All of which sounds fine but there is in centres like Paris a big black market in dogs, plus also suppliers of dogs to the many beggars you see.

Give it a saucer of tea and say, "you're from yarkshire, it's up to you train the rest of the us..."

Chipping, ear tattoos and healthcare and pet insurance are all quite important things, when a dog needs a transfusion of blood, tests, medication and the bill is several grand you will be grateful for it. when a dog is lost, it stands a much better chance of being reunited, if a doc causes damage the owner can be far more readily brought to book. I am in favour of chipping, I chip expensive items, some with RFID some with gel location tags. I think we should chip children and adults as well. it would certainly make crime and knowing where things are a lot easier. It would have societal benefits as well as legal and responsibility ones, equipment would know where we are rather than our phones are and operate accordingly.

Privacy is overrated.

Does anyone know how to train a Jack Russell?

They are a PITA and high energy.

Can be done.
Just recently bought the first 2 seasons of Dog Whisperer to try and pick up any tips we missed.

We have one JR, a JR/Staffie and 2 JR/Chihuahuas, plus a Mini Dachs

Biggest problem ?
The JR runs away if she can
2nd biggest
When the kids bring their dogs, too manic in our pack

_76732969_76732236.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28636377

You don't give up, do you.

Tell me one thing. The news reports civilian casualties are up to 1400 in gaza. This is on top of the deaths in Ukraine, in Central Africa, Syria and parts of SE Asia.

Tell me, which species is causing the most harm on this planet to the human race? No offence, but you need a reality check.

Tell me one thing. The news reports civilian casualties are up to 1400 in gaza. This is on top of the deaths in Ukraine, in Central Africa, Syria and parts of SE Asia.

Tell me, which species is causing the most harm on this planet to the human race? No offence, but you need a reality check.

Viruses at a guess.

I've seen a couple if small dogs in cars this last week, hanging out if the front passenger window, ears flapping back in the wind, enjoying the ride.
I have a pic of one sat on the tank of a motorbike, paws on the handlebars, wearing dark glasses crossing the Galata Bridge a couple of years ago. I should be able to post it.

That's what my 5 seconds of research told me, but each type is a different species. That being the case, which species in particular are you referring to? i'm guessing ebola as the one that.s getting most oress at the moment.

I am merely pointing out one of the less attractive consequences of what I regard as a far too poorly regulated and irresponsible pattern of dog ownership in this country.

I am persisting because the pet apologists on here have, to a man/woman almost totally refused to accept that there is any kind of problem and have instead sought to deflect from the issue by tactics exactly as you have used below.

I will tell you this. When you point out those other causes of death and injury, I do not attempt to deny them, or to deflect from them. I am as concerned as any right thinking human being should be.

But. not for the first time, I am forced to point out that this thread is about Dogs and Dogs are not all benign fluffy things.

There are other threads about Gaza and the other issues you raise.

Your attempts to use statistics to deny a real problem exists are frankly quite pathetic.

Many times Humans do organised killing, with Dogs it's unusual and at random, unless they are trained by humans.

Many times Humans do organised killing,

True

with Dogs it's unusual and at random, unless they are trained by humans.

But the people killed are still dead!

How hard is this to understand?

Seemingly not a single one of you is prepared to admit that people are killed and injured by Dogs on a regular basis.

How would you feel if that child pictured up thread was yours? And don't give me some bollocks about how you would regard it as statistically insignificant cf. deaths from cancer.

I am merely pointing out one of the less attractive consequences of what I regard as a far too poorly regulated and irresponsible pattern of dog ownership in this country.

I am persisting because the pet apologists on here have, to a man/woman almost totally refused to accept that there is any kind of problem and have instead sought to deflect from the issue by tactics exactly as you have used below.

I will tell you this. When you point out those other causes of death and injury, I do not attempt to deny them, or to deflect from them. I am as concerned as any right thinking human being should be.

But. not for the first time, I am forced to point out that this thread is about Dogs and Dogs are not all benign fluffy things.

There are other threads about Gaza and the other issues you raise.

Your attempts to use statistics to deny a real problem exists are frankly quite pathetic.
Why do you repeatedly troll a thread about dogs and their unsavoury habits?

If it troubles you so much, for which I do not for one second believe, have some guts and start your own thread.

All rather sad really, this failure to tackle an obsession.

advertisement

Back