advertisement

Dogs

Mull, having a browse through your posts in other threads here on pfm, it would appear you are waxing hysterical on a number of issues - some would argue your level of concern is not commensurate with the statistics at hand.

Enjoy your F1 if you must, but remember, this barbarian sport claims literally one or two lives EVERY YEAR. The death toll is spiraling out of control - we need 70mph speed limits and tyres with proper tread to stop this blood thirsty sport claiming more young children and women's lives. For shame!

So you want to buy a Fender Telecaster, eh? Well, just remember rock music KILLED Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Buddy Holly and literally COUNTLESS OTHERS. The death toll is escalating at an ALARMING RATE and you guys continue to do nothing about it. For shame!

Football is it, eh??? Fine, you enjoy your football. But, while you do, spare a thought for the literally few people who's lives are RUINED by football. Referees retiring early from the game due to abuse from the terraces, that poor bloke from Bolton that NEARLY DIED a few years back and of course Gazza. The poor bastard. This epidemic is getting OUT OF CONTROL - this disgusting, barbaric sport needs to be banned now!

For shame!

This is my son's dog which I often look after when he is away working. She was a rescue dog and is now about ten years old but looks and acts as though she is two or three. She is very friendly, fit, active and energetic and can outrun most other dogs. She can do a standing jump of about four feet and catches lots of squirrels, rabits, rats and even birds. Last week in our local park a seagull swooped down at her and tried to peck her. She jumped up and caught it on the wing and had its wings and head off in about two seconds. Any one any idea of what sort of dog she might be?

http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/jadisman77/media/SAM_0581_zpsbdfa2027.jpg.html

Mull, having a browse through your posts in other threads here on pfm, it would appear you are waxing hysterical on a number of issues - some would argue your level of concern is not commensurate with the statistics at hand.

Ho Ho Ho.....:rolleyes:

Any one any idea of what sort of dog she might be?

Possibly a spanish Podenco, a breed of windhound. It's hard to tell from that angle.

My whippet will also go after rabbits and squirrels, fortunately without succcess.

Possibly a spanish Podenco, a breed of windhound. It's hard to tell from that angle.

My whippet will also go after rabbits and squirrels, fortunately without succcess.

Thanks bor, I've never heard of that breed. We think she came originally from Ireland.

Someone stopped me the other day and told me she was a Patterdale terrier. She certainly looks that way.

She looks absolutely nothing like a Patterdale.

As I understand it Patterdales are not recognised as a pedigree breed and they seem to vary hugely in appearance. Some of the images Ive seen on the internet look quite like her but I'd have to agree that some don't. I've no idea what she is but she's great fun.

True, Patterdales are a varied breed (we own one) but they're all small, wiry terriers. Your son's dog appears to have a smooth coat and looks a fair bit bigger than a Patterdale.

cacdb07c167bae8cea19c2fa6d018e3c.png

From two and a half years ago... "Look into my eyes... my eyes... yes look, my eyes, into them you look...."

What was this thread about?

Any more photos? Also, how much does the dog weigh? Nice looking dog, by the way.

As of a few seconds ago jammin along to daft punk's Giorgio

ze9u3e4u.jpg

About 50kg
He is my best buddy

Come on Mull, it was pretty funny.

Yes. Hilarious. And another example of trying to just brush real tragedies under the carpet because they don't sit nicely with the collective dog lovers smug sense of righteousness.

It isn't about the stats, or the relative rarity of incidents, but it's clear you lot are never going to take the deaths of people seriously so long as you can keep pretending there's no issue.

Not one of you has expressed any regret or concern. You'd sooner make it a joke. Your collective capacity for ignoring and twisting facts could rival the US National Rifle Association.

It's quite sickening.

So I'll leave you to look at the pretty pictures.

Hey Fox. Yep, she's a keeper.

Do you know what breed /mix your guy is? He looks like a big old friendly bear.

Dogs are awesome, man.

Hey Fox. Yep, she's a keeper.

Do you know what breed /mix your guy is? He looks like a big old friendly bear.

Dogs are awesome, man.

Mischa is a Leonberger, he is actually an adopted bear but you can't keep bears as pets so a monthly groom and a few behavioural tricks and voila, one dog.

He does still shit in woods.

nu2ehage.jpg

Mull whilst I agree with the licensing, chipping, registration but you should have included compulsory insuring of dogs but who and how the hell is it going to be policed.

After many years of rehoming dogs it is very obvious that the onus in on those charities and breeders to ensure dogs are not put into a totally unsuitable homes.

FWIW all dogs should chipped and licensed to the original kennel club registered breeder, easily done, this is now done with racing greyhounds, so there would be a complete record and traceability from cradle to grave.

This might to some seem draconian but perhaps we might also adopt the Brazilian approach which is to euthanise unregistered dogs and unlicensed dogs. In Brazil all dogs have an ear tag, no tag the dog is summarily shot.

Before everyone jumps up and down many councils have a 7 day policy in which the dog placed in a boarding kennels for is a week if not claimed then put down.

advertisement

Back