advertisement

Dogs

From my PERSONAL experience, it is becoming more and more common that Dog owners are replicating those awful low life parents who think it is their God given right to have a Dog/Child but refuse completely to accept any responsibility for it's behavior. Twas never thus.

Oops, looks like a troll post, not intended, just my view on Dogs and owners.

Do be careful. That's pretty much how I got into this thread and now, after more than ten years and thousands of posts.. suddenly I'm trolling... :D

Mull

This is quite simple to do.

Look, here's the OP's first opening salvo:

Thus, the conversation is defined. We will be covering the following topics:

• Dogs
  • Puke

--

Now, if the OP had started the thread as follows:

Then of course your continued trolling about incontinent, blood thirsty dogs mauling children would be perfectly acceptable.

Tripe and you know it.

I didn't enter this thread until page 6 post #83.
The first reference to child mauling was #72.

Long before I entered the thread, the conversation had strayed far from just dogs and puke, to encompass (at least) Cats, Guinea Pigs, Pigs, Humans, Wives, Crows, Rooks, etc.
And the following posts could all be seen as not only outside of the 'dogs/puke' frame of reference, but even anti-dog/owner' in some way or other: #6, #9, #20, #31, #50, #53, #58, #64, #66,#68,#72. And that's only how far I got before I got bored/had enough evidence.

Yet you pick on me to call a troll, simply because I persist in trying to get dog owners to admit that 'dog mauling' deaths are an issue.

That's all it takes, but you all would rather just argue that mauling doesn't kill as many people as cancer, or RTAs, etc. Well of course it doesn't but that does not mean there is not an issue.

How hard is that to understand?

IIRC, the Dog License, was scrapped in 1987. We still had dogs then and paid for licences conscientiously.

OK, the old License scheme was pathetic, but IMHO we need something now.

I would argue that all dogs should be:

1. Licenced
2. Registered to a specified owner/address.
3. Chipped.

I would further argue that some form of dog/owner training should be at least considered as a requirement on first registration of a dog.

Might seem draconian, but if you think about it, as well as minimisiing the 'casual/inapppropriate' ownership of dogs by idiots, it would also improve the welfare of dogs, improve security and improve traceability of stolen mutts.

And.. those of us who choose not to keep dogs might feel that we are also being considered.

Mull

You are trolling as you well know.

Don't be afraid, Mull, start your own thread. I can give you a hint to help, if you like, as you slowly seem to be coming to realize what the truth is.

The dogs aren't responsible for the infrequent attacks or deaths. It's their _____ _______

I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Dogs.

With some very worthy and notable exceptions. most people are not fit to own or keep them.

I include myself in this number.

We have possibly 90% more dogs, and 100% more cats than we need.

Mull

My first post in this thread. Kind of suggests you don't read much before you start throwing your accusations of 'trolling' around don't you think?

You are trolling as you well know.

Don't be afraid, Mull, start your own thread. I can give you a hint to help, if you like, as you slowly seem to be coming to realize what the truth is.

The dogs aren't responsible for the infrequent attacks or deaths. It's their _____ _______

I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Jeez! You're really losing the plot now aren't you.
Please quote the post where I said that the majority of dog attacks were NOT the fault of irresponsible owners.
If you must accuse me of trolling at least make an effort to get your facta straight.

Take it easy, Mull, think of nice things like raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.

No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did

FFS

No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did - No I didn`t - Yes you did

FFS

Nobody is making you read this thread

I don't tale kindly to being accused of trolling.

I like it even less when the accuser is too dim to read what I posted and refuses to withdraw or apologise when proven to be wrong

Mull

Here's some nice Afghan Hound puppy photos:

afghan-hound-puppies.jpg

Nobody is making you read this thread

I don't tale kindly to being accused of trolling.

I like it even less when the accuser is too dim to read what I posted and refuses to withdraw or apologise when proven to be wrong

Mull

It's tail not tale silly.

advertisement

Back