advertisement

Dogs

Cesare

pfm Member
So i'm sat in a cottage in Devon enjoying the fine weather, and the dog of the friends we are staying with has just noisily chucked up his dinner, and then immediately eaten what came up.

Is this normal? If so, please remind me why people keep dogs?

I love dogs so much that I won't have one til at least one person is in the house all day. Otherwise, it's cruel, and my cat would murder it.

On the face of it, dogs don't seem to be very endearing creatures. Add to the scoffing of vomit and poo eating (although our dogs only seem to like sheep and horse droppings) there's the munching of old animal corpses, leg shagging, and rolling around in anything rotting (rotten fish is a particular favourite), giving them an aroma that takes weeks to fade, despite constant shampooing.

However, as companions they beat anything else. They're always delighted to see you, and are very sensitive to your moods. I really wouldn't be without them.

Well behaved dogs are fine but some of their irresponsible owners need training and discipline. I have in mind some of my neighbors who leave their dogs alone to bark incessantly.

People who keep dogs have such low self-regard that they need something to be pleased to see them and fawn over them. I sometimes drive past a woman walking SIX Labradors. I can't begin to imagine what her house smells like. The only thing worse than dogs is dog owners. They seem to feel that everyone should be delighted that their stinking, drooling lump of fur sniffs around one. Disgusting nuisances, dogs and their owners.

Can I assume you're not a dog owner then?

Haha, no I don't, but I do love them, even this sick gobbling mutt ;-)

Actually, he's not a mutt, he's a border terrier, and in serious need of having his coat pulled at the moment so he looks like a bee.

Here he is on the beach yesterday, with a bit of crab leg he's found to chew on.

DSCF1135 by Cesare Ferrari, on Flickr

Cesare,

That's a Ewok.

star-wars-ewok-wicket.jpg

Joe

I love dogs so much that I won't have one til at least one person is in the house all day. Otherwise, it's cruel, and my cat would murder it.

I've said the same thing to my wife and 7 year old daughter.....Les our lutino budgie is enough for the moment.

Haha, no I don't, but I do love them, even this sick gobbling mutt ;-)

Actually, he's not a mutt, he's a border terrier, and in serious need of having his coat pulled at the moment so he looks like a bee.

Here he is on the beach yesterday, with a bit of crab leg he's found to chew on.

DSCF1135 by Cesare Ferrari, on Flickr

That's a very fluffy Border you've got there Cesare. Here's our one, with our other dog, Jim the labrador (or, stomach on legs) :-
jim-amp-Archie.jpg

Dogs are great.
Ours has just been on a 2400 mile drive through France and she never complained once!

uby3yse7.jpg

advertisement

Back