advertisement

Dogs

Just remembered, few years ago a friend of mine had an Afghan.
Nice old dog, but scatty like most Afghans I spose.

He also had 2 kids, an adorable girl and a horrid little boy.

The horrid little boy used to hit the dog with a stick
One day the dog had enough and bit him, once

Put to sleep

As they say
"I blame the parents"

This is my son's dog which I often look after when he is away working. She was a rescue dog and is now about ten years old but looks and acts as though she is two or three. She is very friendly, fit, active and energetic and can outrun most other dogs. She can do a standing jump of about four feet and catches lots of squirrels, rabits, rats and even birds. Last week in our local park a seagull swooped down at her and tried to peck her. She jumped up and caught it on the wing and had its wings and head off in about two seconds. Any one any idea of what sort of dog she might be?

http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/jadisman77/media/SAM_0581_zpsbdfa2027.jpg.html
Staffie/Greyhound cross?

Sorry, hate the picture of the dogs with flower headdresses. They're dogs for god's sake, treat them with some respect.

Mull, I agree it's bad when dogs kill people. (Do you really think anyone is saying it's not???) But on balance, I prefer the world with dogs rather than without. I guess the only way to stop dog related deaths would be to kill all dogs. But thats a bit strong don't you think?

And there are bigger battles to fight anyway:

1) Cars. Now they are REALLY dangerous.
2) Carbon. Lets have some serious carbon taxes please.
3) Don't get me started on big pharma.

etc etc etc.

This is my son's dog...Last week in our local park a seagull swooped down at her and tried to peck her. She jumped up and caught it on the wing and had its wings and head off in about two seconds. Any one any idea of what sort of dog she might be?
One that you don't f**k with.

Especially if you are a seagull.

Sorry, hate the picture of the dogs with flower headdresses. They're dogs for god's sake, treat them with some respect.

Mull, I agree it's bad when dogs kill people. (Do you really think anyone is saying it's not???) But on balance, I prefer the world with dogs rather than without. I guess the only way to stop dog related deaths would be to kill all dogs. But thats a bit strong don't you think?

Andrew, you at least are not in denial that there is an issue. Most in this thread won't admit there is. That's all I want. For dog lovers to pull back from the idiotic 'dogs can do no wrong' attitude. I do not especially dislike dogs. I'm pretty indifferent towards them. But I certainly wouldn't want them all killed.

And there are bigger battles to fight anyway:

1) Cars. Now they are REALLY dangerous.
2) Carbon. Lets have some serious carbon taxes please.
3) Don't get me started on big pharma.

etc etc etc.

Nope, sorry. Specious comparisons. The issue I'm addressing is dogs. Solve the above three examples and dogs will still be killing people too often.

Better regulation and stiffer penalties for 'bad' owners. That's what's needed.

Mull

Mull

Andrew, you at least are not in denial that there is an issue. Most in this thread won't admit there is. That's all I want. For dog lovers to pull back from the idiotic 'dogs can do no wrong' attitude. I do not especially dislike dogs. I'm pretty indifferent towards them. But I certainly wouldn't want them all killed.

Nope, sorry. Specious comparisons. The issue I'm addressing is dogs. Solve the above three examples and dogs will still be killing people too often.

Better regulation and stiffer penalties for 'bad' owners. That's what's needed.

Mull

Mull
Mull, my point is that there are only so many hours in the day, and that I'm going to prioritise what I try and fix; dogs are way down my list of issues to get upset about. I don't really understand why it is a specious comparison to flag issues that seem more important to me, based on the evidence.

But if you think dog killings are important enough to justify focusing on, then I don't mind if you manage to get bad owners locked up for longer. In fact I'd even approve. But I'd question your priorities.

Well let's put it this way. People have raised road deaths, murder, deaths from disease etc., as causing more deaths than dogs. No doubt true. But, apart from this not being a thread about about malaria, or murder, or road deaths, those things are all being addressed in some way or other. It seems to me that fatal dog attacks have become more frequent and that the issue is not being taken seriously enough. Possible more importantly, I believe that they are largely preventable by proper monitoring of ownership, backed up by stiffer penalties for irresponsible or malicious owners.

Some of the more childish responses on here bear me out I think.

As for priorities. It is all too easy to let the 'bigger' issues dominate whilst the 'smaller' ones continue quietly fulminating. It is always easy to dismiss one concern because another is 'bigger'. But I see that as also a very handy 'cop out' for those who wish to ignore that which is an inconvenient truth to them.

But also please understand. I don't spend every waking hour fretting about dogs, or anything else for that matter.

Mull

Still changing the subject.

Still in denial.

You seem unable to grasp that this is another story of an innocent person being killed by a supposed domestic 'pet'.

That you cannot bring yourself to admit that this is an issue is staggering.

Mull
No, for every dog death you can fînd, I'll post a human inter species horrific murder.

You resurrected this thread, which was origally about dog vomit, so you're trolling anyway.

Hopefully you might understand one day. You need to let go of this obsession.

No, for every dog death you can fînd, I'll post a human inter species horrific murder.

Of course you will. And for every human inter species horrific murder I'll post a death by disease or natural disaster.

Try very hard to understand. You are obsessed with denying the Dog Death issue and will persist in deflection and obfuscation rather than admit it exists. The difference between you and me is that I don't deny or belittle the other horrors in the world, but you deny that killings by dogs are an issue, even when confronted with the evidence. Ask yourself.. who has the problem here?

You resurrected this thread, which was origally about dog vomit, so you're trolling anyway.

You were warned off by mods for this approach. I am NOT trolling. If you persist in calling me a troll, I will report your post to the mods.

Hopefully you might understand one day. You need to let go of this obsession.

I understand perfectly. It is not an obsession. It is a concern over a genuine issue which you seem to deny exists. Will you EVER admit that it is sheer idiocy for any society to allow PREVENTABLE deaths by attacks from UNECCESSARY animals? Indeed, will you ever admit that any deaths have been caused by dogs?

Mull

seems to be on the decline from last year. Hopefully that trend might continue.

23 deaths over 9 years obviously 23 too many, but maybe the new legislation will help.

Even in the C4 fact checker page they lazily talk about "pit bull type" dogs - they get caught up in the label without explaining what they really mean, or the high proportion of dogs in the UK that would be lazily referred to as "pit bull type" dogs. I presume Mull isn't singling out any particular type of dog.

Check out The Dog Whisperer currently on Pick, channel 11

Cesar Milan never cease to amaze with what he does

He often takes dogs that look hopeless cases and has them perfectly under control - and their owners too

advertisement

Back