advertisement

Charlottesville/"alt-right"/American fascism

The Master Race always dress to impress.

This could give Ivanka's clothing brand a much needed opportunity. I can see Hunger Games chic taking off. I'm loving the cardboard shields but the white polos and khaki shorts will have to go.

They're marching with swastikas (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHC1d25XkAAW1YB.jpg), but post #34 says we should see things from their point of view

No it does not. What you need to do in order to deal with problems is gain knowledge. Then you can best deal with them. Stopping these people having their say when they were allowed by law to have it and then the police moving away and letting ANTIFA activists engage led to obvious trouble, and now these jumped-up little fascists feel aggrieved, and right-wing political commentators all over YouTube and online are saying they understand why.

This will empower them, not stop them!

I argued that the ANTIFA crowd should have been kept at bay and the protest should have been allowed to go ahead while monitored by police.

Any trouble then and it's solely down to the fascists. They'd have had their chance to express freedom of speech and could not feel aggrieved.

Now they're simply going to come back again, more determined, and with more support.

and post #48 says we should make sure we specifically find and expose the Jews for their part in this too.

That's just a troll post, however I'll give a short response:

You can't control hatred, and people should never promote it in any civilised society.

Many like Levant, Neocons etc have done, with Muslims the target, but now there's other targets, like blacks and Jews.

Indeed. I was born less that twenty years after the Nazi death camps were active and I honestly never thought I'd see this shite rise again in my lifetime, let alone run a website where ugly apologists and revisionists crept out from under their rocks.

PS Just to be abundantly clear on the matter: pfm is an anti-fascist website. I will always stand firmly against this shit as I have all my adult life. Anyone who doesn't like that is not welcome here.

Do you seriously think I've in any way apologised for these scumbags Tony?

Seriously FFS...

The Master Race always dress to impress.

Do you know that's how Hugo Boss got started? Making masses of uniforms (the Nazis loved uniforms). Just look at Obergruppenführer Smith in The Man in the High Castle - like a mobile chandelier!

27E38CF800000578-3052085-SS_Obergruppenf_hrer_Rufus_plays_Nazi_Lieutenant_General_John_Sm-a-55_1429785979324.jpg

Time for a new suit, Erich...

(How on earth did they get those boots on and off?)

Do you seriously think I've in any way apologised for these scumbags Tony?

Seriously FFS...

You are always apologising for Trump even if you do it in a rather mealy-mouthed way by trying to paint the far more moderate Democratic party and other liberal voices as being "worse". As such, yes, you own this stuff. You have been the Trump/Putin/Asaad mouthpiece on this site since way before the presidential election and have shown no acceptance of having called it all hopelessly wrongly despite everything you argued prior to the election falling apart! I find it highly amusing to be honest!

You are always apologising for Trump even if you do it in a rather mealy-mouthed way by trying to paint the far more moderate Democratic party and other liberal voices as being "worse". As such, yes, you own this stuff. You have been the Trump/Putin/Asaad mouthpiece on this site since way before the presidential election and have shown no acceptance of having called it all hopelessly wrongly despite everything you argued prior to the election falling apart! I find it highly amusing to be honest!

I'm not apologising for Trump. I have never apologised for Trump.

You're actually so intensely focused on hating Trump/Putin/Assad etc that any kind of nuanced discussion around either is impossible.

You're either in your club and agree 100%, or you're on the end of irrational and unwarranted attacks and false accusations from you, and your followers - and in my case about four trolls just looking for any chance to join in..

The fact that you think that I - an obvious left-winger - support fascism in any way should make you have a good think, to be quite honest...

The fact that you think that I - an obvious left-winger - support fascism in any way should make you have a good think, to be quite honest...

To be honest I don't, I think your heart is in the right place, but you are somewhat gullible so bought heavily into Trump's pre-election rhetoric and various clearly orchestrated anti-Democrat smear campaigns just as you have with an anti-Zionism so fierce, entrenched and binary that to my mind it borders on anti-Semitism. It is this mindset that has damaged the left so much in recent years IMO.

Think voters in Germany and Italy in the 1930s. The were taken in exactly as described. Also, many claimed to vote to rebuild the economy. The fact that the Nazi party had other less savory items on the agenda were not the reasons they voted in the way they did.

Voting for single issues in political platforms is highly dangerous, in my opinion.

To be honest I don't, I think your heart is in the right place, but you are somewhat gullible so bought heavily into Trump's pre-election rhetoric and various clearly orchestrated anti-Democrat smear campaigns just as you have with an anti-Zionism so fierce, entrenched and binary that to my mind it borders on anti-Semitism. It is this mindset that has damaged the left so much in recent years IMO.
Well you're wrong, Tony, about me and the left.

Apart from the bit about my heart being in the right place, of course.

Look, as Vuk said this isn't the place for nuanced arguments, it's clear you're petrified in case anyone accuses you of hosting anti-Semitism, and to be frank you use me as the whipping boy when others sail close to the wind in that regard, because I'm an easy target - something that will clearly not change, and that I do not like one little bit - so I think it's better if I take my thoughts and debate them elsewhere.

All the best.

P.S. some trolls will be delighted, and I'm happy for them.

That myth has been laid to rest many times, but it seems cannot be killed off. Lee was a slaveowner, and did not free his slaves. He defended the institution not just militarily but philosphically too.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

Thanks for the correction, Alan, I'll digest on the train home tonight. I'd always thought that Lee's sole reason for fighting for the South was that his state, Virginia, was one of the secessionists (he was offered command of the Union Army, but turned it down).

Thanks for the correction, Alan, I'll digest on the train home tonight. I'd always thought that Lee's sole reason for fighting for the South was that his state, Virginia, was one of the secessionists (he was offered command of the Union Army, but turned it down).

Washington, earlier I accept, didn't release his slaves until his death. Actually his wife waived her right to keep them on his death.

Washington, earlier I accept, didn't release his slaves until his death. Actually his wife waived her right to keep them on his death.

Jefferson's relationships with his slaves (or at least some of them) were, er, different...

It always struck me that we are seeing a continuation of the US's original sin. The original question was how to keep a new country with the anti-slavery New Englanders and the slave-owning southern gennlemen from flying apart. The result was an uneasy compromise, which creaked and groaned steadily louder as new states joined the union, and it had to be decided whether these were to be "slave" or "free" states. The huge swallow of half of Mexico's territory after the 1840s war helped light the fuse that was to burn down about 17 years later. It sadly appears that the resultant explosion didn't quite do the trick.

No it does not. What you need to do in order to deal with problems is gain knowledge.

What? Via YouTube videos?

Here's something from someone who was actually there. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/13/opinion/university-virginia-uva-protests-charlottesville.html

"I’m the opinion editor of The Cavalier Daily, the student newspaper. Several weeks I ago I wrote a column arguing that the alt-right rally that took place over the weekend should be allowed to go on.
…
I feel foolish about that.
…
On Friday night, we witnessed armed white supremacists march through university grounds with lit torches, threatening, harassing and physically assaulting students who were organizing peacefully — or who were just trying to go about their business despite the shocking events unfolding in their backyard.

This march and the alt-right’s actions on Saturday weren’t about discourse or peaceful assembly. They organized, applied for a permit and came to town with the full intention of inciting violence and agitating both the community and the national media. Richard Spencer has already vowed to come back “1,000 times if necessary” to “humiliate all those people who opposed us” and “win.””

I
PS Just to be abundantly clear on the matter: pfm is an anti-fascist website.

you mean anti-fascist in the sense of being against people overtly into nazi symbolism, not those who are at ease with corporatist states and ideologies, which describes most people here. cars, olympics and the glories of subjugating operating systems.

vuk.

advertisement

Back