advertisement

Charlottesville/"alt-right"/American fascism

It's the armed bit that makes the American fascists so uniquely dangerous (the same with Trump and his control of the nuclear arsenal). There are an estimated 300 million guns in private hands in the US. 300 million guns.

Here's a few at the weekend...

DHFfMGmUMAIAFyN.jpg

Is it not possible to arrest these morons for carrying with intent?

Surely armies of racist terrorists are not wanted in the land of the free?

I saw 27 heavily armed militia members marching early Sat, in a video. Don't know if there were more, but 27 is a fair bunch. These guys are trying to establish freedom of movement and action. We haven't seen much stuff like this since the post-civil-war violence in the South. Oh there were big clan marches in the 1920's, but they didn't have guns and stuff. They were practically mainstream then, just a big voting bloc.

They plan more and bigger 'Charlottesvilles.' They are building the capability to actually do the uprising Trump predicted if Mueller 'goes too far.'

https://twitter.com/_CraigStanley/status/896349016929206272

scary times

Dear boy, these are not terrorists, but citizens exercising their Second Amendment Constitutional rights. As Wayne LaPierre of the NRA says, the only counter to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. These are good guys on the watch for bad guys - judging by the artillery on display, the bad guys will be sent to be smelted, rather than buried.

Organised and heavily armed non-state paramilitaries openly on the streets. Looks uncannily like eastern Ukraine.

Another image from Charlottesville. Out for the day with a (I presume) pistol by your side and a Hitler t-shirt urging murder...

screen-shot-2017-08-12-at-11-45-00-am.png

Is it not possible to arrest these morons for carrying with intent?

They'd need a company of National Guards to arrest that bunch. Plus the current wave of legislation wherever Republicans hold sway gives them a lot of cover--open carry is a lot more legal in a lot more places than it was a decade ago. And you can't tell without close inspection if the assault rifles are semi-automatic (legal) or full automatic (illegal except by special license).

And, they all have white privilege, don't fail to notice. 27 black guys with assault rifles, by contrast, would have been taking a big chance as far as all making it home alive--which these fellows did.

That's the video I meant. Took the opportunity to count again. 28 in that column, not 27 as I've been saying, but not all had long guns.

This whole business is a well-coordinated effort, with funding, logistics, etc. And they have further plans. That's the part that really bothers me.

In the past, the FBI has worked to infiltrate and bust up this sort of thing, but I think that job was given to Homeland Security, who is taking a pass.

Don,

And, they all have white privilege, don't fail to notice. 27 black guys with assault rifles, by contrast, would have been taking a big chance as far as all making it home alive--which these fellows did.
Indeed.

DHCO6s2UAAAe6r6.jpg

Joe

I saw 27 heavily armed militia members marching early Sat, in a video. Don't know if there were more, but 27 is a fair bunch. These guys are trying to establish freedom of movement and action. We haven't seen much stuff like this since the post-civil-war violence in the South. Oh there were big clan marches in the 1920's, but they didn't have guns and stuff. They were practically mainstream then, just a big voting bloc.

They plan more and bigger 'Charlottesvilles.' They are building the capability to actually do the uprising Trump predicted if Mueller 'goes too far.'

'I don't know, but maybe those second amendment guys, you know...'

Greg Palast has some disturbing footage of newly-enabled KKK scum beating a black school teacher with iron bars at Charlottesville (link). I'd link to the pictures in-thread but they are huge. They need to be seen as this is exactly what we all have to fight now. Make no mistake, this is a fight and we all have to be in it. This fascist shit needs taking out. Welcome to Trump's America. What so many of us feared would happen if this "alt-right" asshole gained power is indeed happening.

They'd need a company of National Guards to arrest that bunch.

They've got them.

They've got the largest military force on planet Earth.

If they want to stop this shit they can.

The problem is that too many septics are uneducated racists and bigots.

Right-wing rent-a-gobshite Ann Coulter was on Newsnight tonight totally defending the Charlottesville fascism and blaming everything on everyone other than those involved. She actually tried to find equivalence between the KKK and Black Lives Matters FFS.

The US has had these nut job groups for as long as I can remember, they're as much a part of the culture as apple pie, they were even lampooned in the Blues Brothers 30 + years ago. As far as I know it's not a growing movement, but I sometimes wonder whether the current notoriety actually helps or hinders them. I cannot imagine a politically correct America.

Greg Palast has some disturbing footage of newly-enabled KKK scum beating a black school teacher with iron bars at Charlottesville (link). I'd link to the pictures in-thread but they are huge. They need to be seen as this is exactly what we all have to fight now. Make no mistake, this is a fight and we all have to be in it. This fascist shit needs taking out. Welcome to Trump's America. What so many of us feared would happen if this "alt-right" asshole gained power is indeed happening.

I will buy you a ticket Tony and semi automatic rifle. You're welcome to abandon your shop keeper life and the refugee families you're personally supporting and come to fight the Nazi thugs.

They've got them.

They've got the largest military force on planet Earth.

If they want to stop this shit they can.

The problem is that too many septics are uneducated racists and bigots.

I object to the use of 'septics.' But you are correct, if the authorities wanted this stopped, it would be stopped.

This may come down to 'what action does the army take.' Unfortunately. Which worries me, because our force is not a cross section of the citizenry, it is all volunteers. And who volunteers for the Army? People who like the Army. Which will include a disproportionate share of authoritarians....

I will buy you a ticket Tony and semi automatic rifle. You're welcome to abandon your shop keeper life and the refugee families you're personally supporting and come to fight the Nazi thugs.

I actually meant fight it in our own way, e.g. I have a website visited by tens of thousands of people and I'll use it, as I am with this thread. I'll never knowingly do business with racist scum nor will I allow them to use my platform. If I had employees and found out any were involved in these kinds of fascist groups I would find ways to sack them. I will not knowingly buy products or services from companies employing such scum. I would happily attend gigs, meetings and buy merchandising to support Black Lives Matter etc. This is the way to fight it. I'm certainly not advocating direct violence. Not yet anyway!

"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with you." Mike Godwin rescinds 'Godwin's Law' in this particular case (The Register).

advertisement

Back