advertisement

AVI's new floorstanders and subs or three way in two boxes (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Robust construction. That's a plus for me. But put the grill on, and do they look any different to other floorstanders? I understand the veneer finish is rather good.

Of course some speakers are sculpted, but for my money a box is a box, and if you try and tart it up it only looks naff.

Yup, the veneer does look good on the Spacey photo. And these are the only speakers I've seen where the grilles are essential.

Bt why they make the shortarse ones that are too big as standmounters and don't reach the floor as floorstanders beats me. They are indeed to my peepers quite hideous.

Re the industrial look: yes, they are pro monitors. They has a job to do. If I were worried about that I'd be buying underpowered speakerettes.

these are the only speakers I've seen where the grilles are essential.

Well, in my taste, grills are always essential in domestic loudspeakers.

That's a problem for me, if I'm looking for active speakers for my lounge.

I'd just about tolerate the new Mackies, but so many of these monitors look like leftovers from a Star Wars set.

Ps Grilles inessential. Had that confirmed by ATC another audiophile invention.

Grilles are for wusses or those with kids out of control. :eek: ;)

Or they are an attempt to cloak exessive brightness.

Well, we've just had in the Adam Artist 6 which is much better and cheaper than any other speaker in the world made because of the way it is sold and made.

It is only about a thousand pounds in money!

But it has three drivers and not two - like some inferior types. And their measurements are the best ever. They don't use high-powered amplifiers because if it was true that high-power amplifiers were the best then a PA system would be the best high-fi in the world.

If this speaker was sold through evil dealers and not kindly ones, it would be at least four-and-a-half times as much as it is - which is only about a thousand pounds as it is.

Because the Adam Artist 6 is made for proper professional people who listen to things for a living, it is not like a bad joke like all the rubbish some people listen to. In fact, if you buy an Adam Artist from us, Item Audio, conveniently and centrally based in North Staffordshire, close to the Junction 15 of the M6 (where the speaker is available to listen to now), you will find that it's so good that all DACs and computers and cables - and in fact everything that isn't this speaker - will sound equally unimportant.

Unlike almost all the other rubbish and much more expensive floorstanding active speakers - some of which cost in the regions of two thoudsand pounds or more - the Adam Artist 6 is available in black, and white. Frankly, if you buy anything other than the Adam Artist 6, you have disobeyed the laws of science and shown yourself foolish.

It is surely not for no good reason, or without cause, that Adam speakers are used by thousands - or maybe Tens of Thousands - of people worldwide who love them and say that they are the best. Which they are. Especially the new three-way ribbon-like active FLOORSTANDING Artist 6 at only roughly a Thousand ponds (English).

I've only just seen this - You're a VERY naughty man, Mr Item :D

Q: How do you sell mediocre speakerettes and their slightly bigger brothers without allowing potential punters to audition them first?

A: Bullshit on the internet ad infinitum.

Q: How do you sell mediocre speakerettes and their slightly bigger brothers without allowing potential punters to audition them first?

A: Bullshit on the internet ad infinitum.

Do you not see the irony Steven? You are the forum's biggest bullshitter.

Great! But as they need no apology In fact I'm not.

Why the italic 'those' Steven? This isn't the Sun or some halfwit sensationalist rag.

Please don't mince in prose Steven, it's unbecoming. Cheers.

Wot I had and loved once, in a former life.....

ATCs1993croppedandresized.jpg

The red grilles were a giggle, but soon replaced with black ones......

Arthur have you ever heard the active ADMs? I know you now have the Trios, which would you say is the more satisfying speaker between the Trios and the active ADAMs you used to have?

Arthur have you ever heard the active ADMs? I know you now have the Trios, which would you say is the more satisfying speaker between the Trios and the active ADAMs you used to have?

Actually I haven't heard the adms at all.

I now have a new pair of Adams and they are indeed superior to the Trios even with the AVI power amp.

The Trios are a superb loudspeaker, huge range, feisty when the music is and relaxed when required. They also have a massive soundstage and ellicit detail superbly.

If I hadn't heard of active speakers the Trios would never have left my living room.

However there is an altogether accurate and total control element to the Adams that makes them do all the stuff the Trios can but with even more authority ( and more cheaply ).

I will not go back to passive speakers again.

Grilles are for wusses or those with kids out of control. :eek: ;)

Or they are an attempt to cloak exessive brightness.

My kids are grown up, though one day I may have grandkids.

Tone controls can be used to wind down brightness.

And yes, I'm a wuzz - I want my HiFi to blend into the furniture, not scream Vorsprung durch Technik at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back