advertisement

AVI's new floorstanders and subs or three way in two boxes (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, this thread currently looks like a huge waste of the bandwidth Tony is paying for. Certain posters are asked to raise their game or face a ban on the grounds of pursuing circular arguments.

If that still doesn't help, we may need to deploy the ultimate weapon - Star trek nerdery.

Markus - moderating

[it goes on for quite a few pages]

You have an anal fixation
I approve

Butthurt.jpg

:D:D:D ILMARSEO.

I can't believe you dredged my posts for that Fox. Top class sir.

Guys, this thread currently looks like a huge waste of the bandwidth Tony is paying for. Certain posters are asked to raise their game or face a ban on the grounds of pursuing circular arguments.

If that still doesn't help, we may need to deploy the ultimate weapon - Star trek nerdery.

Markus - moderating

On the contrary, it's one of the funniest, most revealing threads here.

Such vindictiveness!

The term "waste of bandwidth" these days is kind of redundant. It would be like me saying that an unnecessary journey in my car is a waste of the air passing through the air filter to the injectors.

Basil threatened to play me an episode of Buffy on a recent visit to his place.

On seeing the colour draining from my face we quickly got back to some June Tabor.

Oh dear, Rob, I think you missed a treat there!

If AVI wish not to be ridiculed on the internet all they have to do is stop making ridiculous claims that are founded on patent untruths. It really is that simple.

I like the AVI spiel. It's great fun. Not so much JC's personal tirades though.

As for Ash's claims, realistic or not, they are no worse than say MF's, Ivor the liar's, Naim's or many others. Especially cable makers.

And of course, in the big scheme of things, it's non consequential.

As for Ash's claims, realistic or not, they are no worse than say MF's, Ivor the liar's, Naim's or many others. Especially cable makers.

My favourite was when MF gave a little 'power calculator' away on the front of a hi-fi magazine that "proved" 95% of all the amps they'd ever made weren't "powerful enough" for the job in hand. A lovely Ratner's Moment.

MF granted can be foo-ish, but Linn and Naim publish specs, and (nearly all the time) when there kits measured, performs beyond it.

I was referring to the ENORMOUS price of the 'upgrades to the lp12 Raj, near criminal. And of course to the magic new cable from Naim. Especially after years of telling everyone it didn't matter.

My favourite was when MF gave a little 'power calculator' away on the front of a hi-fi magazine that "proved" 95% of all the amps they'd ever made weren't "powerful enough" for the job in hand. A lovely Ratner's Moment.

:D I'd forgotten about that, classic stuff.

TL: Thread continued here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back