1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

AVI's new floorstanders and subs or three way in two boxes (part II)

Discussion in 'audio' started by Hoopsontoast, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markus S

Markus S 41 - 29

Guys, this thread currently looks like a huge waste of the bandwidth Tony is paying for. Certain posters are asked to raise their game or face a ban on the grounds of pursuing circular arguments.

If that still doesn't help, we may need to deploy the ultimate weapon - Star trek nerdery.

Markus - moderating

2. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

3. arthur

arthur Banned

:D:D:D ILMARSEO.

I can't believe you dredged my posts for that Fox. Top class sir.

4. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

I thought Google ads paid for the bandwidth?

5. arthur

arthur Banned

On the contrary, it's one of the funniest, most revealing threads here.

Such vindictiveness!

6. Cereal Killer

I think this just about sums it up :)

[YOUTUBE]8PULWeF6kHA[/YOUTUBE]

7. Fox

Fox The sound of one hoof clopping

Can I form the rear with the Pony Friendship Cannon?
    "rear" for Arthur's sake - obviously :)

[​IMG]

8. Steven Toy

Steven Toy L3 Toy

The term "waste of bandwidth" these days is kind of redundant. It would be like me saying that an unnecessary journey in my car is a waste of the air passing through the air filter to the injectors.

9. Robert

Robert Tapehead

Basil threatened to play me an episode of Buffy on a recent visit to his place.

On seeing the colour draining from my face we quickly got back to some June Tabor.

10. Cereal Killer

I've got two of her albums... Just finished listening to Jillian Welsh.

11. JonR

JonR Brainwashed Bloke

Oh dear, Rob, I think you missed a treat there!

12. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

If AVI wish not to be ridiculed on the internet all they have to do is stop making ridiculous claims that are founded on patent untruths. It really is that simple.

13. arthur

arthur Banned

I like the AVI spiel. It's great fun. Not so much JC's personal tirades though.

As for Ash's claims, realistic or not, they are no worse than say MF's, Ivor the liar's, Naim's or many others. Especially cable makers.

And of course, in the big scheme of things, it's non consequential.

14. Cereal Killer

MF granted can be foo-ish, but Linn and Naim publish specs, and (nearly all the time) when there kits measured, performs beyond it.

15. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

My favourite was when MF gave a little 'power calculator' away on the front of a hi-fi magazine that "proved" 95% of all the amps they'd ever made weren't "powerful enough" for the job in hand. A lovely Ratner's Moment.

16. Cereal Killer

MF also publish spec ;)

17. arthur

arthur Banned

I was referring to the ENORMOUS price of the 'upgrades to the lp12 Raj, near criminal. And of course to the magic new cable from Naim. Especially after years of telling everyone it didn't matter.

18. arthur

arthur Banned

:D I'd forgotten about that, classic stuff.

TL: Thread continued here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.