advertisement

AVI's new floorstanders and subs or three way in two boxes (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoopsontoast

pfm Member
IME and IMO, the ADM9's were easily bettered by passive systems like Proac 1SC/CA 840A for example, or ATC SCM7/8200A. But maybe I was mistaken....
And having heard the Active 50's a few times, they didn't even come close.

The only way I can see people selling megabucks systems to downsize to ADM's would be out of convenience and size restrictions rather than an improvement in the presentation.

I'm sorry Spacey but you are talking lots of twaddle.

Literally hundreds of customer come from Cyrus and Naim ownership and nearly all have sold somewhere between £5-15,000s worth to do it. There are plenty on HDD you can ask or you can just google.

The fact is that ADM9.1Ts trash most hi fi with consummate ease because they are far better technically. They cost far less because they don't need all the expensive extra boxes and power supplies of a nutty seaparates system and because we give smaller margins to dealers only and none for distributors

Customers get a far better deal with AVI, they always did, but with our new pricing structure, the saving might be 50%.

Ash

Literally hundreds of customer come from Cyrus and Naim ownership and nearly all have sold somewhere between £5-15,000s worth to do it. There are plenty on HDD you can ask or you can just google.

The fact is that ADM9.1Ts trash most hi fi with consummate ease because they are far better technically. They cost far less because they don't need all the expensive extra boxes and power supplies of a nutty seaparates system and because we give smaller margins to dealers only and none for distributors

Customers get a far better deal with AVI, they always did, but with our new pricing structure, the saving might be 50%.

Ash

trolls-inbound-make-them-a-pretty-dress-unicorn-ad-HLtBCz.jpg

This is Mana Audio all over again isn't it?
(even after 8 years of not using the stuff it's still weird seeing it from the receiving side)

Ash

LOL.

How about we put our money on it. I'll host the event; We get 10 people to listen blind, and sited. Who ever wins pays the value of there kit to the other?

My system 'v' your ADM9's with sub.

Come on it'll be fun :)

Only difference is that the proof is easy for all to see and it would have been easier were it not that for several years until they removed him Andrew Everard was taunting and insulting AVI owners and removing their posts on WHF because they all said exactly what I have just posted. Tony has removed quite a few too. Some people are weird, almost paranoid and don't seem to like change or success.

All we've shown is that done properly by a competent electronics engineer with an understanding of transducers, active speakers are a lot better than passive equivalents, just as I said five years ago when we announced them.

Ash

LOL.

How about we put our money on it. I'll host the event; We get 10 people to listen blind, and sited. Who ever wins pays the value of there kit to the other?

My system 'v' your ADM9's with sub.

Come on it'll be fun :)

Spacey

It would be utter misery and totally pointless. We are selling all we can make despite your best efforts to crap on us for the last 47 pages and on various other threads.

You've paid far more than the cost of ADMs for ATCs, despite what you said about them when you preferred Adams, so obviously they are of no interest to you other than to try and prevent us selling them. What is your problem?

Ash

No problems Ash, Its a genuine offer. I wasn't wrong about the Deltas. They are better at certain things, but over all the balance and timbre of my current ATC SCM25A's is much better.

The main advantage of the 25's and Deltas over the 50's is that they both play well from really low volumes. 50's have a much higher SPL level and revel in being played loud, which isn't always practical when you have young kids. The 50's can also do things better than both the others too.

No problems Ash, Its genuine offer. I wasn't wrong about the Deltas. They are better at certain things, but over all the balance and timbre of mt current ATC SCM25A's is much better.

The main advantage of the 25's and Deltas over the 50's is that they both play well from really low volumes. 50's have a much higher SPL level and revel in being played loud, which isnt always practice when you have young kids.

err i think you said the adams were better at timbre and better balanced then when you went passive again with the perraux you said that was better than the old active atc's and the active adams.....and then you started bigging up passive system....now your back to actives.....not sure why you do that....

err i think you said the adams were better at timbre and better balanced then when you went passive again with the perraux you said that was better than the old active atc's and the active adams.....and then you started bigging up passive system....now your back to actives.....not sure why you do that....

The passive system was very good but ultimately I needed more bass so it was bigger speakers, more kit, a sub, or a total change. The cheapest option was going active again.
Deltas had too much bass, couldn't give them the space they needed, even with the LF shelf adjusted and the painted finish was very soft, not good long term as I also need a system that can be moved about easily - the 25's fit the bill, do all the above and will be backed up by the manufacturer for decades. Perreaux and ADAM are excellent manufacturers but they are not in the UK which matters in the bigger picture of things.

I'd hate to be chopping and changing (not always so, but I've had ATC100s for 8 years now). I value quality, consistency and a trustworthy manufacturer, i.e. not AVI because of the way Ash and followers behave (you're all messed up, & not in a nice way) plus it invites obsolescence WRT all-in-one. I don't want nor cannot afford to make mistakes jumping into the spiral of Hype again.

Thus ATC get my money: A known quantity, behaving discreety, producing professional products that sound good, built to work for decades, and when a new product is released, older gear is not pooh-poohed as (Ash reputedly does with old product). I'm also not a fan of tiny speakers designed to placate the wives of henpecked husbands. In reality AVI never get a look in being a domestic manufacturer of lifestyle products. Its simply no worth my while going there.

When I listen properly and with the right mindset I take my own sound seriously, I want to hear it all and small, tiny speakers simply do not. Nearfields have a very specific application in my world and massive amounts of my own music are emasculated via small drivers and that is not what I want at the my end as a music producer. I cannot do anything about my work post-mastering but I do not like any speaker that slices off at least a third of what I spend sometimes up to a month getting "just right". There are many good speakers that do better than what AVI does in a pro audio setting. JBL and Genelec are just two. Its a crowded market.

This incessant plugging of AVI is a disease, an affliction. Like Mana it'll all end in the most ghastly way possible. I've seen this trajectory before and had the good sense to bale.

There are many good speakers that do better than what AVI does in a pro audio setting. JBL and Genelec are just two.

Which JBL model would you compare with the ADMs. Im not saying they are not better but I looked at JBL before buying my Mackie HR624s and could see anything that would compare to the ADMs other than the LSR4326P (or the equivalent at that time).

How do these compare with the Mackies and/or AVI's?

Thanks

euron, if you can, book a dem at a DV24/7, proaudioeurope or studioxchange. You'll find many many decent active monitors in these stores. I demo'd dozens before settling for the SCM25A's.

I've just been on the land-line to Ashley and Martin, to try and ascertain exactly when they will have final production version ADM40s on demo, so as to arrange a factory visit to hear them (late prototypes are on demo atm).

Martin is at the S.Wales factory, supervising final production of LH master back-plate assemblies and reckons 10 - 14 days till they can spare a demo pair for factory dems, as they will mainly use initial supplies to start fulfilling back-orders.

All the recent forum activity seems to be successful, because Ashley says he is struggling to keep up with the level of phone calls, enquiries and orders for the new products.

They are now well into a back order situation for both ADM40s and new ADM9TTs, and subs are running short as well, with only a small number remaining available from stock.

He didn't have long available to talk as he was doing a factory visit and demo to a dealer who wanted to place orders for both product lines.

He did say that the most noticeable feature of the 40s seems to be the outstanding clarity of sound, and the fact that in stand-alone two-way mode they go significantly deeper than 9s used without a sub.

To clarify, they (40s) can be used with an existing sub, in the same way as the 9s, as the existing sub does have the required adjustment facilities to allow correct integration.

They are going to be very busy boys in the next couple of weeks, it seems.

Martin says he's absolutely knackered.

JC

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back