advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jaco Pastorius movie ‘Jaco’ is now available on Amazon Prime.

61VrLUcKDFL._PI_PJPrime-Sash-Extra-Large-2017,TopLeft,0,0_AC_US218_.jpg

Jaco includes some incredible insights from an array of artists including Flea, Joni Mitchell, Sting, Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Geddy Lee, Bootsy Collins, Carlos Santana and others as well as Jaco's family, and friends. It unveils the story of his music, his life, his demise, and ultimately the fragility of great artistic genius.
Starring: Jaco Pastorius, Flea, Joni Mitchell
Runtime: 1 hour, 56 minutes

Think I need to give Godless some screen time!!

I’m into Mr Robot atm. Series 1 good, series two so far a bit unbelievable.

I’m into Mr Robot atm. Series 1 good, series two so far a bit unbelievable.

YMMV, but I've found the third series a bit better than the second, thus far. Worth sticking with it.

If you like Mr Robot, you may also enjoy the German programme You Are Wanted, also on Amazon.

I see "The Crown" is back soon. The first season was unexpectedly good - some of the scenes were brilliant (the dressing down of Lord Salisbury and Churchill). This one appears to deal with naughty Phil. Wonder if Her Maj is a fan?

I can't seem to find any reference to Fargo series three. Pretty certain it was available in The States a while ago, but no sign of it over here - unless I've missed it?

Watched half of the first episode of Godless and switched off, does it get better?
Each episode is better than the one before. The characterisation build up is amazing.

Its in my top 3 now. Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Godless.

Godless - is it violent or torture involved? Mrs Rug will refuse to watch it if so and I don’t want to get into it and then be told it’s too gruesome and stop watching it?!

It's about as violent as Fargo, every now and again something unpleasant happens. There is a massive shootout at the end. But you get that in John Wayne films innit.

Thanks. It’s mainly torture that she can’t endure.

Funnily enough she enjoyed ep1 of Mr Robot last night, so we’ll be on that for a while. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back