advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pawn Sacrifice, the biopic of Bobby Fischer, is pretty good. Tobey Maguire very convincing in the lead role. On Netflix.

I watched The Hateful Eight and Paterson on Amazon prime over the weekend.
Both completely different movies but hugely enjoyable.

why would normal people want to know that?

vuk.

It is almost light relief from living in the UK under the current Tory government.

One of the other producers of the series is David Fincher. Among the films he has directed are Fight Club, The Social Network and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Jack

Just finished Manhattan on Prime. It revolves around the development of the atomic bomb in Los Alamos. A bit implausible in places, but enjoyed it none the less.

There are two seasons available. There was meant to be a third, but it was cancelled by the studio.

The Space Between Us on Amazon Prime; a well-written, albeit, almost cheesy at times take on the orphan boy meets teenage angst-ridden girl genre - if such a genre exists. Feel good film from start to finish :)

The Space Between Us on Amazon Prime; a well-written, albeit, almost cheesy at times take on the orphan boy meets teenage angst-ridden girl genre - if such a genre exists. Feel good film from start to finish :)

Really? I thought it was awful, and I am pretty undemanding when it comes to Sci fi (if it has spacecraft, I'm probably going to like it). I remember some big plot holes in it which really made it untenable. Teenage girl fodder I'm afraid.

Just signed up to Netflix to watch Alias Grace. Well worth it. Obviously I'm still in my free trial month but I'll look over this thread to see what else I might like on Netflix.

2 episodes into The Sinner which investigates why a woman in full public view would brutally murder a random guy, and it's very entertaining. Great central performance by Jessica Biel.

Chasing Trane. A documentary on Netflix about you know who. One or two odd contributors - there’s a philosophy professor who looks like he’s straight out of central ‘eccentric’ casting, but enjoyable none the less.

2 episodes into The Sinner which investigates why a woman in full public view would brutally murder a random guy, and it's very entertaining. Great central performance by Jessica Biel.

Finished watching this tonight. Very good. Recommended to anyone who enjoys police investigations and motive hunts.

Just started Brain Dead on Amazon Prime, which looks to be that mid-point between The West Wing and Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers we’ve all been searching for. A really nice touch is the ‘Previously on Brain Dead...’ recap at the start of each episode is in song form.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Started watching The Rolling Stones - Crossfire Hurricane on Netflix. Looks good fun so far. Dick Cavett in the Stones' dressing room pointing out to Jagger that there were plates of pills and white powder being passed around. "Vitamins and salt", Jagger replies...

Mick

Finished watching this tonight. Very good. Recommended to anyone who enjoys police investigations and motive hunts.

Bill Pullman is also terrific although I kept thinking "I wonder how long the series will last before it gets killed off by sexual harassment allegations".

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back