advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fecking hell, Everton are a mess.

The club spent north of £150m on players in the summer - but are now without a manager. Third from the bottom in the Premier League and out of Europe after suffering the ignominy of being the first English side to not win any of their first four games of a Europa League campaign.

It is also now five defeats in a row - the first time the club have endured such a run in 12 years.

Success can't always be bought!

Difficult to pick a side here jimi, MK only 25 miles from me. Plus I have met Vinny a few times, hopefully never again.

Bloss

I left Hyde age 21 after living most of my then life there I used to go to Ewan Fields to watch the Tigers especially Monday night games or the odd Saturday when UTD weren't playing.

I feel really sorry for Smalling with Southgate saying he can’t play it out from the back.

How’s he expected to prove he can?

He’s not allowed to do it in competitive matches and all they seem to do in training at Utd is crossbar challenge.

'The Invincibles' established a new British run of 63 unbeaten domestic games today, a remarkable sequence of results. They beat St Johnstone 4-0 who were the last Scottish team to beat them.

Keeping with the current trend of lower leagues and obscure footy results would you believe that Jack Vella scored the only goal for Mellieha when they beat Msida SJ away.

Getting back to the proper stuff I hope my good friend JB has a face resembling a smashed crab tomorrow evening.

Cheers. It's a record which has stood for 100 years so it's no mean feat.

Compared to 9 or 10 players born within 30 miles of the club and winning the European Cup the league record is inconsequential when there is little competition. No offence intended gassor.

Bloss

Compared to 9 or 10 players born within 30 miles of the club and winning the European Cup the league record is inconsequential when there is little competition. No offence intended gassor.

Bloss

ALL the players were born within 30 miles.

The unbeaten run probably only means something up here, but there are a number of aspects to it.

1 No other team has managed so many wins on the trot in any
league in the UK

2 The mental strength required to keep giving 100% for 60
odd games.

3 The large number of Scottish players in the team.

ALL the players were born within 30 miles.

The unbeaten run probably only means something up here, but there are a number of aspects to it.

1 No other team has managed so many wins on the trot in any
league in the UK

2 The mental strength required to keep giving 100% for 60
odd games.

3 The large number of Scottish players in the team.

1 That does take some doing but not as competitive.

2 ditto

3 That should improve your national side, like us you need to

Bloss

Only 6 of the Celtic starting line up today are Scots.
By the end of the game only 4 Scots were playing.

Only 6 of the Celtic starting line up today are Scots.
By the end of the game only 4 Scots were playing.

How many teams in the EPL have started with 6 English players this season? Your team usually allows one. We are presently have the best left back playing in Britain - Liam Tierney, pity we see less and less home grown young talent mature in the UK.

1 That does take some doing but not as competitive.

2 ditto

3 That should improve your national side, like us you need to

Bloss

Chris I know you are a really good guy but, there's always a but. :D

1 Not as competitive as what?

The situation is that out of a relative backwater like present day Scottish football Celtic have shown themselves able to compete with the best in Europe. Something to be applauded not like I have to do on here which is defend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back