advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2012 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's your friend then?

It was just sitting there exactly as photographed; not placed, moved, staged or anything. No idea if it's bus ever came.

PS I'm impressed the iPhone got that without either blowing the highlights or losing shadow detail. Other than a very, very slight push to the mid-range in Aperture's Curves that's exactly as it came out of the 4S.

Dawid3.jpg

A pal up the hills last week! Just before he told me no more f**king pics man.

A couple of large format Polaroids from the weekend.

img035.jpg

img034.jpg

Sometimes low-res is better, if you ask me.

Nicely done - looks interesting. I've just picked up some harman direct positive 5*4 paper to have a play with. Thought it might be fun to try something a bit different. ISO 3 though, so that'll be a bit of a challenge.

Cesare

Zygote - he was fed up of you counting the hairs on his cheeks!

Bob, nicely made, low res pics.

Cesare, I made a couple of pinhole cameras and used ordinary multigrade paper with my older daughter and we had fun with the negs, scanning and inverting etc. I also thought about paper negs and contact printing them. You get a bigger format that way too - 7 by 5!

Here's a pic from this afternoon.

Mike

leeds.jpg

Nicely done - looks interesting. I've just picked up some harman direct positive 5*4 paper to have a play with. Thought it might be fun to try something a bit different. ISO 3 though, so that'll be a bit of a challenge.

You could make a pinhole camera out of a biscuit tin, it's very easy. Line the inside with black paper, drill a hole in the tin, put a tiny pin prick (just the head of the pin) in a piece of card and glue it over the hole, load it up with a sheet of paper, and voila. You can do the same thing with ordinary photo paper and get a nice negative out of it. Develop it in very dilute paper developer to give you plenty of time to judge when it has developed sufficiently (at normal strength it can fully develop really fast, so you barely have time to pull it before it overcooks). A fun project to get your son involved with too.

Here's some street photography I did last year with a biscuit tin and a paper negative:

img562.jpg

You could make a pinhole camera out of a biscuit tin, it's very easy. Line the inside with black paper, drill a hole in the tin, put a tiny pin prick (just the head of the pin) in a piece of card and glue it over the hole, load it up with a sheet of paper, and voila. You can do the same thing with ordinary photo paper and get a nice negative out of it. Develop it in very dilute paper developer to give you plenty of time to judge when it has developed sufficiently (at normal strength it can fully develop really fast, so you barely have time to pull it before it overcooks). A fun project to get your son involved with too.

Here's some street photography I did last year with a biscuit tin and a paper negative:

img562.jpg

Like the biscuit tin idea - I was expecting to use my 5*4 camera, but a pinhole is something I have been planning. I've got some 5*4 holders, a router, and plenty of wood...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back