1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2012 part I

Discussion in 'photo' started by Joe P, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It was just sitting there exactly as photographed; not placed, moved, staged or anything. No idea if it's bus ever came.

PS I'm impressed the iPhone got that without either blowing the highlights or losing shadow detail. Other than a very, very slight push to the mid-range in Aperture's Curves that's exactly as it came out of the 4S.

2. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

[​IMG]

A pal up the hills last week! Just before he told me no more f**king pics man.

3. Hoopsontoast

Hoopsontoast pfm Member

4. Cesare

Cesare pfm Member

Nicely done - looks interesting. I've just picked up some harman direct positive 5*4 paper to have a play with. Thought it might be fun to try something a bit different. ISO 3 though, so that'll be a bit of a challenge.

Cesare

5. sojourner

sojourner pfm Member

Zygote - he was fed up of you counting the hairs on his cheeks!

Bob, nicely made, low res pics.

Cesare, I made a couple of pinhole cameras and used ordinary multigrade paper with my older daughter and we had fun with the negs, scanning and inverting etc. I also thought about paper negs and contact printing them. You get a bigger format that way too - 7 by 5!

Here's a pic from this afternoon.

Mike

[​IMG]

6. sojourner

sojourner pfm Member

And another from collecting after tennis the other night

[​IMG]

7. dan m

dan m pfm Member

8. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

You could make a pinhole camera out of a biscuit tin, it's very easy. Line the inside with black paper, drill a hole in the tin, put a tiny pin prick (just the head of the pin) in a piece of card and glue it over the hole, load it up with a sheet of paper, and voila. You can do the same thing with ordinary photo paper and get a nice negative out of it. Develop it in very dilute paper developer to give you plenty of time to judge when it has developed sufficiently (at normal strength it can fully develop really fast, so you barely have time to pull it before it overcooks). A fun project to get your son involved with too.

Here's some street photography I did last year with a biscuit tin and a paper negative:

[​IMG]

9. cliffpatte

cliffpatte Speed camera anarchist

10. Paulicus

Paulicus pfm Member

11. purplepleaser

purplepleaser pfm Member

[​IMG]
    Untitled by purplepleaser, on Flickr

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3
    Panasonic 20mm f1.7

Straight out the camera jpeg, new some software.

12. sojourner

sojourner pfm Member

And a dyptych from the Leeds project

Mike

[​IMG]

13. cliffpatte

14. purplepleaser

purplepleaser pfm Member

15. kcc123

kcc123 pfm Member

16. Cesare

Cesare pfm Member

Like the biscuit tin idea - I was expecting to use my 5*4 camera, but a pinhole is something I have been planning. I've got some 5*4 holders, a router, and plenty of wood...

17. Paulicus

Paulicus pfm Member

18. RichardH

RichardH Bodging pleb

19. cliffpatte

nice clouds Richard

and good timing with the baby smile Paul

20. Martin D

Martin D Libertarian Division

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.