advertisement

Your New Year Hi-Fi plans

My immediate New Year plans are to go and listen to Gotterdammerang (Solti) in order to see in the New Year with the Rhine overflowing and Valhalla going up in flames.
Happy New Year to all.

I will replacing the interconnect between my Naim CD5x and Pre Amp with a Skylink Interconnect. This will be early January and am looking forward to analysing the differences. I am also going to borrow a Naim Powerline to see what improvements this brings too.

Klyde,

That's crazy talk, man. Next thing you're going to say is it's about the music, not the kit.

Joe

I agree, it sounds almost subversive, doesn't it. I mean it though. My job is going to an end and my financial future is becoming rather uncertain. But I'm also very happy with my system and if nothing breaks I hope to be able to enjoy it for many years to come.

Happy New Year!

New Cart.... Lyra
Delos.jpg

Get round to selling of surplus kit, like Shanling CDT100, Project RPM 9.1x, Jadis Orchestra and Harbeth M30s.

Klyde,

My job is going to an end and my financial future is becoming rather uncertain.
I've been there, man. It sucks but it's a temporary condition.

Joe

Only one resolution musicwise - sit down and listen more seriously and accord the music the importance and attention it deserves.

And, oh, dig out the buried & forgotten treasures in my collection, clean them and enjoy. Buy more albums.

I plan to invite my mother in law for another stay.
Last year she did a fantastic job of dusting my record collection, & equipment.

1) Avoid dealers at all costs
2) Window shop on the internet only
3) Enjoy my music
4) Help other friends and acquantances in evaluating possible upgrades/replacement hifi gear
5) Be available to anyone who wants to hear what valve amps and/or Zu speakers sound like (within reason).

I forgot the most important kit upgrade I had planned: Build some grilles for my Tannoys. The cones are at toddler face height and he's already caved in one of the dustcaps - a perfect repair was effected with the vacuum cleaner... this time.

advertisement

Back