advertisement

Your New Year Hi-Fi plans

IWC Doppel

pfm Member
I'm interested what others might have on their to do and update/change list ?

Here's mine :

Move House and reinstall Cinema and Music system
Add some stereo subs to my Horns in my music system
Get my TT back up and running (Just needs time really and service/set up)
Find the magic CD transport for cheap money (going to explore my late 80's, early 90's Hifi Mags for the forgotten exotics with good transports)
Buy more vinyl ;)

I wonder how many I'll tick off in 2014 :rolleyes:

Having sorted out the fettling of the Lp12, new cartridge, and cabling this year the primary plan is to concentrate on the music.

I do have a redecoration project in mind which will then mean I will have to put together a system for the dining room, all in good time though.

Just listen and buy some more music, that's all....

Spent way more on gear this year than I planned.

Maybe experiment with speaker positioning.

Steve

Gosh, Adrian. You're going to have your hands full with reinstalling your elaborate mains system or starting from scratch depending on the layout of the new place.

Good luck with the move; locally, and a house?

Another 12" arm and top cart. will be my lot if either comes along; can't think to change anything else.

Replace my Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 streamer with the Marantz NA-11S1.

And at some stage, to audition the T&A HV PA3000 integrated amp.

Just changed my preamp,so will possibly put an extra arm and cartridge on my Raven AC. Buy more music,sit back and listen.

So happy with how my system sounds right now, don't want to change anything as I believe it will lead to unbalancing what I hear right now. Will be buying more tunes than ever as I don't have the pull of upgradeitus any longer.
Happy feelings.

Well after buying an Elicit R, RP6 & RS3 speakers I am just going to concentrate on buying more vinyl.
Possibly buy some RS1 for rear duties in my AV set up (yes i use the Elicit as a power amp in my AV set up)

I'm not planning anything major this year. I'd like to end the year knowing a lot more about my Klipsch La Scalas than I do now, i.e. to have tried them with some different amps, different crossovers etc.

The main system (301, M2, 2M Black, 34, 306, Monitor Golds) is 'done' bar the speaker cabinets being a bit crap. I doubt I'll do anything to it at all this year, though sometime in the future I will get some nice solid and well-finished cabs built (or maybe buy some Lockwoods), but that's for another year. I'd like to finish restoring my JR149s this year (they need a perfectly pair-matched pair of T27s), but that only a little side-project and there's no rush.

I've long run out of space for LPs and CDs, and I'm yet inclined to stream or go down the NAS route. So I might consider building new wall units or commission a custom job in joinery.

Get my TT - Xerses/Artemis/AT OC9 - back into action.

As part of that plan I've sent an email to North West Analogue asking for a rough estimate. No reply yet, but hey it's a time of year where people spend time with their family.

After 5 months in hifi, I have got my dac (Lampi 4), amp (AR Ref 110), and speakers for now (Martin Logan Summits) sorted. My projects in the New year will revolved around cables, isolation and room treatment. At some point in time I will look to swap speakers to either Avalons or horns if I get a good deals, else stick to the Logans

Dynamik PSU upgrade to Klimax Chakra Twin power amp (Can't afford used Solos)
Add Kore or used Keel sub chassis to LP12
Trade in Lyra Evolve99 for newer model.
Finish hiding the cables and tweaking the room treatment in the music room...

Start on the lounge !!!!

Gosh, Adrian. You're going to have your hands full with reinstalling your elaborate mains system or starting from scratch depending on the layout of the new place.

Good luck with the move; locally, and a house?

Another 12" arm and top cart. will be my lot if either comes along; can't think to change anything else.

Yes the mains will be packed for the cinema room and I will do the same for the Music room, just hoping to find a detached house with big enough rooms for the horns and subs (JBL 4645c's) as that's quite a bit of space required. Hoping for two 16' x 20' rooms if possible.... We will be Bath or South of by a few miles. I will need a job too :(

Considering getting me a Cambridge stream magic 6, as an upgrade for my SB Touch. but I'm also tempted to get me a TT, although I'm still not sure which one.
(I have about 70 LP's left and a fine internal phonostage in my Sonneteer Campion)

Well..... I'm moving to a smaller house which needs some work.

So I will need to get rid of my ESL57's and possibly a pair of ES14's, my Phase III Avondaled 135's and my Croft OTL.

As I'm moving from solid to suspended floors I might end up having to completely rethink the speakers - might even be able to add to the spikes/no spikes debate!

On my list of things to do is to add a dedicated radial circuit under the floors and eventually I might build an extension, so will then have to do it all again .... deep joy!

Happy New Year
Yanntoe

advertisement

Back