advertisement

Yamaha NS1000M

As you NS1000 fans already know, Swedish Radio once choose NS1000M as standard monitor and bought hundreds in one go. At that time some fans of Stig Carlsson/Sonab got upset because 'their' speaker hadn't been chosen. Guess what? They still are, nearly 50 years on as the subject turned up on a Swedish forum just recently!

I think I might hold the record for this sort of thing. Cardiff to Dusseldorf and back in a little over 24 hours to pick up my ebony NS1000.
Not recommend, wouldn't try it again!

Also, my woofers have corrosion on the backs, is there any preventative maintenance I can do to secure the magnets?

Also, my woofers have corrosion on the backs, is there any preventative maintenance I can do to secure the magnets?
You can run a bead of epoxy resin round the intersection where the ferrite magnet contacts the pole-piece and chassis. Clean as much of the corrosion off as you can with a wire-brush and vacuum hose close by before epoxying. When the epoxy cures, it holds the three pieces concentric. That is what I did with the intact half of my pair.

You can run a bead of epoxy resin round the intersection where the ferrite magnet contacts the pole-piece and chassis. Clean as much of the corrosion off as you can with a wire-brush and vacuum hose close by before epoxying. When the epoxy cures, it holds the three pieces concentric. That is what I did with the intact half of my pair.
Excellent cheers James.

I think I might hold the record for this sort of thing. Cardiff to Dusseldorf and back in a little over 24 hours to pick up my ebony NS1000.
Not recommend, wouldn't try it again!

If it's white and crystalline on the gold( ish) finish be very careful cleaning it up as it's cadmium plate and very toxic if inhaled.

advertisement

Back