advertisement

Wot no Harry & Meghan thread?

I get that, and it’s hard to argue against, apart from the fact I mistrust politicians in general, and don’t find the prospect of a political President appealing at all.

Arthur C Clarke once posited a method of a computer selecting the head of state on merit and fitness for office, from the general population. Anyone who canvasses for the job would be automatically excluded. I’d actually be more comfortable with that.

Popular with who? Do you know any fans? I don't and never have!

I know one person who I think is a fan, but nevertheless the most recent poll found, ".. that the British public are still very attached to the Monarchy, with seven in ten (70%) Britons thinking Britain should remain a monarchy while more than half (56%) think the country would be worse off if the Monarchy was abolished."

https://www.comresglobal.com/polls/daily-mail-monarchy-poll/ Other polls say the same more or less.

I know one person who I think is a fan, but nevertheless the most recent poll found, ".. that the British public are still very attached to the Monarchy, with seven in ten (70%) Britons thinking Britain should remain a monarchy while more than half (56%) think the country would be worse off if the Monarchy was abolished."

https://www.comresglobal.com/polls/daily-mail-monarchy-poll/ Other polls say the same more or less.

I have no doubt this is true - of course, if the majority of "democratically elected" politicians showed the slightest signs of competence or honesty things could change.

I’m guessing you are anti monarchy?

Quite the reverse - where have I stated such?

My comments are directed at the wholly disproportionate amount of coverage this event is receiving in the context of SIGNIFICANT events occurring in the world and this is a very long way from qualifying as a significant event. What is happening in Syria at the moment? Has the tide of people trying to cross the Mediterranean stopped?

Put more simply will such as the fires in S.E. Australia (and other climate related issues) or Harry & Meghan be discussed in history lessons in 100 years time.

As I have said fiddling while Rome burns......

Regards

Richard

Needs way more coverage to be commensurate with their importance and popularity.

Seriously or is this irony?

I see it is dragging on to todays' news coverage.

No wonder this planet is in the mess it is in, it would appear a percentage of the population are in cloud la la land!

Regards

Richard

advertisement

Back