advertisement

Winter election III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollocks.

That's all you ever argued previously too. To understand the anger, imagine that the shoe's on the other foot for a moment. The referendum result was 52-48 the other way but the Tories said we're leaving anyway because the result was too close to call, there's clearly no great love for the EU etc etc. Imagine your own anger. It amounts to a lot of very irate and, perhaps, irrational people. I know about the lies, and the people who couldn't vote etc etc but I think Corbyn played it about right in the circumstances.

When I voted this morning I was the only voter in the polling station, but it was at around half seven this morning and I was on my way to work. Not that it will make any difference though, sadly. This is one of those constituencies where you can pin a blue rosette on one of the local sheep and it would get elected.

Labour was ahead of the Tories in the summer - it's only since the BJ leadership election that the Tories have been in front. If the Tories win the blame will lie squarely on the shoulders of those seeking to overturn the referendum result rather than campaigning for the best compromise in the circumstances.

Nail hit squarely on the head

....a collie, and they're obvs the cutest dogs in the world.
Er...no...

....*this* is the cutest...

49208830062_7e64a82f05_o.jpg

2 police cars and an altercation at our N Bristol ward Polling Station just now. Someone had been forcibly removed and was being restrained outside. He looked very angry in a middle aged scruffy beardy sort of way. Hard to tell of which persuasion he was.

All this opposite Waitrose too.

That's all you ever argued previously too. To understand the anger, imagine that the shoe's on the other foot for a moment. The referendum result was 52-48 the other way but the Tories said we're leaving anyway because the result was too close to call, there's clearly no great love for the EU etc etc. Imagine your own anger. It amounts to a lot of very irate and, perhaps, irrational people. I know about the lies, and the people who couldn't vote etc etc but I think Corbyn played it about right in the circumstances.
You're playing the BBC style equivalence here. There is no equivalence between leave and remain as outcomes.
Politically it was a less than smart move, too, made by a leader with very obviously no grasp of the realities on the ground, and prepared to risk the 64percent of lavour voters who were remain to implement a tory manufesto pledge.
Nevertheless I wish them every success today, but only because the tory alternative is so much worse.

2 police cars and an altercation at our N Bristol ward Polling Station just now. Someone had been forcibly removed and was being restrained outside. He looked very angry in a middle aged scruffy beardy sort of way. Hard to tell of which persuasion he was.
This sounds like a similar experience to mine. Was he wearing a trilby? Were there collies or a JCB anywhere nearby?

Oh, really. So you are just using words randomly.
Well, since you already admitted to leaving a word out of your post which completely changed its meaning to the position I hold, that seems a bit harsh. Even you would have to concede my post was 50. percent right. And I was right about the other 50 too...if you think the CPS is a clean skin unable to be influenced by the Government in power, back to nursery with you. Plenty of fairy tales for you to lap up there.

I don't have friends who vote Tory or are Brexiteers. Anybody who does is a racist and xenophobe and they can ^^^^ right off.

Jack
Are you old enough to vote.....with such a simple view of the UK and the good people who live here, abide by the law and pay taxes.
Your comments along with Arkless's are a stain on PF and hi-fi enthusiasts in general.
Ray

This sounds like a similar experience to mine. Was he wearing a trilby? Were there collies or a JCB anywhere nearby?

Lol. No but it's a marginal labour seat - 5k majority last time, and 60% remain. Feelings seem to be running quite high

Are you old enough to vote.....with such a simple view of the UK and the good people who live here, abide by the law and pay taxes.
Your comments along with Arkless's are a stain on PF and hi-fi enthusiasts in general.
Ray

even considering just black, or white? Is more than some brains can manage. Don't even mention that grey exists...mind fry time.

Well, since you already admitted to leaving a word out of your post which completely changed its meaning to the position I hold, that seems a bit harsh. Even you would have to concede my post was 50. percent right. And I was right about the other 50 too...if you think the CPS is a clean skin unable to be influenced by the Government in power, back to nursery with you. Plenty of fairy tales for you to lap up there.
I don't believe in all the swivel eyed conspiracy theories that is all. I can understand the Govt stepping in on matters of national security etc but this isn't relevant here. If she has committed an offence then the evidence is for all to see, however, there seems to be a degree of doubt that she acted unlawfully.

If she is charged then she is entitled to a defence. I appreciate a few on here would prefer a kangaroo court or her resignation, it is not something I personally feel strongly about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back