advertisement

Whisky II

Was tempted by this Glenturret 12 on a flash sale. I've promised myself I'll finish one of the many open bottles before I crack the seal...but it is looking rather alluring...and my will is weak. Anyone tried? Pricey for the age, but reviews on this and the maiden release are intriguing. At the very least the Lalique bottle will make a nice decanter.

Glenturret has just moved up my list of distilleries to visit as I see their restaurant has just picked up a Michelin star.

The distillery allows motorhomes to overnight there so my thinking is that we'd climb Ben Chonzie in the morning (my wife and have done it before but the dog hasn't), do the distillery tour, have an evening meal at the restaurant then a short walk to the motorhome for what will be then be a much needed sleep!

Glenturret has just moved up my list of distilleries to visit as I see their restaurant has just picked up a Michelin star.

The distillery allows motorhomes to overnight there so my thinking is that we'd climb Ben Chonzie in the morning (my wife and have done it before but the dog hasn't), do the distillery tour, have an evening meal at the restaurant then a short walk to the motorhome for what will be then be a much needed sleep!

Been to Glenturret a couple of times, many years apart and the restaurant is excellent. While you are there, mention that you share a forum with someone who met, and even stroked, ‘Mouser’….

While you are there, mention that you share a forum with someone who met, and even stroked, ‘Mouser’….
Reminds me of the time I did the Highland Park tour. HP, as you know, malt a proportion of their own barley. When we were in the malt floor, with all the barley laid out, I asked if they had problems with mice. “Oh, no” said the tour guide defensively, as just at that moment a mouse ran right across the floor.

And speaking of unobtainium:
"AVAILABLE IN THE UK FROM 1st MARCH

SPRINGBANK LOCAL BARLEY
15,000 Bottles Available (worldwide)
Grown at Glencraigs Farm, by Campbeltown
Barley Variety: Belgravia
51.6% ABV
Maturation 100% Bourbon
RRP £86-£89

SPRINGBANK 25 YEAR OLD
1,300 Bottles Available (worldwide)
46% ABV
Maturation 60% Bourbon 40%Sherry
RRP £370-£377

LONGROW RED 15 YEAR OLD
This latest edition in the Longrow Red series has been matured for 11 years in Bourbon barrels followed by 4 years in fresh Pinot Noir barriques from acclaimed wine maker Grant Taylor’s Valli vineyards in Central Otago, New Zealand.
9,400 Bottles Available (worldwide)
51.4% ABV
RRP £65-£68"

There is a £10 discount on the 25 to Society members at the distillery shop or Cadenheads in Campbeltown. Lols. :rolleyes:
Wishing you luck on Springbank Super Tuesday.
At least the LB bottle count is up.
Fastest fingers first vs The Bots.

Kilkerran release details to follow shortly we're told.

Last edited:
And speaking of unobtainium:
"AVAILABLE IN THE UK FROM 1st MARCH
Ha! You’ll do well to get your paws on any of those. Last time I sat continually refreshing my browser all morning awaiting a bottle going up online, only to go for a pee and return to see the bottle listed as sold out. I kid you not. Bloody annoying!

Ha! You’ll do well to get your paws on any of those. Last time I sat continually refreshing my browser all morning awaiting a bottle going up online, only to go for a pee and return to see the bottle listed as sold out. I kid you not. Bloody annoying!
Yeah I know...it's Sod's Law.
Master of Malt has an annoying habit of demanding a security text which takes a minute or so to come through by which time everything goes out of stock in the basket.
I did manage a SP15 last time though...it's the hope that kills ya.

Yeah I know...it's Sod's Law.
Master of Malt has an annoying habit of demanding a security text which takes a minute or so to come through by which time everything goes out of stock in the basket.
I did manage a SP15 last time though...it's the hope that kills ya.
Incidentally, are you taking out the MoM Prime? £19.95 for free express delivery for a year. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Incidentally, are you taking out the MoM Prime? £19.95 for free express delivery for a year. Sounds like a good deal to me.
I have a very bad habit of adding bottles to my basket over the course of a few weeks until I reach free postage at £100...so have not taken them up on that offer.

I've not been lucky with getting a bottle of the SB LB or 25 last year, though I did get to try them both via samples. I would say the 25 was probably in the top 3 of drams last year, fingers crossed this year.

I admit to knowing almost nothing about whisky, but did buy a bottle while in Scotland last year (Kindsbarns Dream to Dram) and have a couple of bottles of Glenlivet that were a Chrismas gift. Was wondering if anyone stateside has recommendations for any varieties readily available from for example BevMo?

advertisement

Back