advertisement

Whisky II

I'm opening something a bit later though not as exotic as those, Weekender. Its a choice of different blends, I have bought about 4-5 recently so its time to start getting through them. And I'm struggling to leave that Campbeltown blend on MoM alone haha

I'm opening something a bit later though not as exotic as those, Weekender. It’s a choice of different blends, I have bought about 4-5 recently so it’s time to start getting through them. And I'm struggling to leave that Campbeltown blend on MoM alone haha

Sold out in a flash, did it not?

Sold out in a flash, did it not?
Ah no, I see they’ve restocked. I would bite, but I’m just back from visiting relatives in Dundee and en route visited Deanston where I picked up their 12 YO, and Tullibardine, where I picked up their Burgundy cask finish. That’s my pocket money all spent for this month.

I went with the latest Campbeltown Loch, not disappointed. Its quite quaffable. It was between it, the Thompson Bros blend and a whiskybroker 10 malt blend. I will have to get another bottle if this stands up to some air. It’s dangerously akin to the Springbank 15, though not quite as complex.

I went with the latest Campbeltown Loch, not disappointed. It’s quite quaffable. It was between it, the Thompson Bros blend and a whiskybroker 10 malt blend. I will have to get another bottle if this stands up to some air. It’s dangerously akin to the Springbank 15, though not quite as complex.

I was a bit disappointed with CL. It was, at one time, a rather splendid blend, as opposed to its current incarnation of blended malt. There is very probably significant batch variation tho,’ so if it floats yer boat, fill yer boots.

I was a bit disappointed with CL. It was, at one time, a rather splendid blend, as opposed to its current incarnation of blended malt. There is very probably significant batch variation tho,’ so if it floats yer boat, fill yer boots.
I suppose its horses for courses, Ive struggled with the Springbank 10yo, the 12 yo cs and one of Local Barleys, and even trying the recent 25yo, everyone’s palate is different, which is a good thing. Slainte!

advertisement

Back