advertisement

Whisky II

None but can you go wrong from Bruichladdich? The only danger is that you might wonder what all the fuss is about having had Classic Laddie with a supermarket discount.

I've 2 bottles of that and know it well...

But they do have some interesting bottlings!

I'm still on my hunt for a decent Highland currently

Have we got round to Deanston yet? At less than £70 on subscribe and save it is from a distant age.

I don't have anything as yet as it's one of the distilleries I've been meaning to visit and buy a bottle while I'm there.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I've grabbed a bottle of Deanston 23 yo px that was a full maturation in px in 2022 after I started out with a 20cl from the distillery. Its long gone on their website but a decent price compared to the likes of Glendronach single cask these days. I have tried a couple of Deanston's including a sherry finish and I am certain I had the 18 one night in the pub. It was a perfectly decent dram from memory. They fly a bit under the radar currently for actual distillery releases compared to others in the current climate.

https://www.whiskybase.com/search?q=Deanston+18-year-old

A few different bottles but it looks like it has been fairly well received.

Cheers for the heads up Jimbob.
@ weekender I can understand Springbank's dilemma, I would love to be able to afford one but not this time. I've got a 20cl of the 28 yo stashed away in cupboard and will get into it at some point, it now looks like a bit of bargain.

@ weekender I can understand Springbank's dilemma, I would love to be able to afford one but not this time. I've got a 20cl of the 28 yo stashed away in cupboard and will get into it at some point, it now looks like a bit of bargain.
Yeah it looks like these Countdown releases are going to be for the High Rollers...maybe there'll be something affordable and available at some point.
I'm halfway through the 15 I opened in Campbeltown in early Feb and have a spare (and doubles of the 2023 releases) so that'll do me...it's blooming lovely.

Going up to Edinburgh next month. Family with me, so I can't drag them round all the distilleries unfortunately, but any thoughts on the Johnny Walker experiences in their Princes St. centre would be of interest. I.e. is there more on offer apart from bland 40% NAS stuff that is found in the supermarket.

advertisement

Back