advertisement

Whisky II

Well, Oban 14 has gone up from £45 to £70 in the last year. That's me drinking something else from now on. I also noted their cheaping out with Little Bay. My parents bought me a bottle by mistake last Christmas thinking that it was the same stuff as Oban 14. It's not, it's a thinner, pissy version. Thanks Diageo. You've seen the last of my spending.

The only Oban I have currently is the Distillers Edition which has gone up a bit to £80 which doesn't look terrible value as it's pretty good.

“a time when we had seven different Port Ellens on the shelf for under £100 each and Springbank 21yo was £45 a bottle.”

Aah… I remember those days. I’m getting quite misty eyed.

Ironic because Arthur Motley instigated the Drammers Reward (where the Buyers name is written on the label to discourage flipping) at RMW and RMW have just been bought out by an Auction House (where Flippers send collectable bottles and allegedly some Retailers send their allocations) and he's been promoted to MD.
A statement has been made that the two businesses will be run independently but eyebrows have been raised.

Ironic because Arthur Motley instigated the Drammers Reward (where the Buyers name is written on the label to discourage flipping) at RMW and RMW have just been bought out by an Auction House (where Flippers send collectable bottles and allegedly some Retailers send their allocations) and he's been promoted to MD.
A statement has been made that the two businesses will be run independently but eyebrows have been raised.

Ah yes, somewhat dodgy indeed.

I have just added a bottle off Aber Falls, Inaugural Release single malt to my growing collection. IMO one off the best I’ve tasted for a good few years.

Highly recommend :)

advertisement

Back