advertisement

Where's the Glasto thread?! Oh, here it is..

Have no idea what this means, numbers that dislike him, I have only stated I don't as far as I can see from my posts, anyway......

It's been a very good Glastonbury I feel, standouts for me....London Grammar were superb, haunting, beautiful & melodic, real class.

Laura Marling was wonderful as were Bako.

On a pure dance around the room fun vibe, the winner has to go to the golden oldie Barrie Gibb, That guitar riff on tragedy still gets me all goosy :) the sun was shining, the crowd were dancing & that golden jacket topped things off nicely.

But my standout thus far & came as quite a surprise, as rap is not my thang, goes to Kano, he has taken this genre to a new level, musicianship was wonderful, his timing is as good as it gets, the performance was exhilarating.

There is still plenty for me to get through but enjoyed all of these.

Yes Kano was my standout as well - seeing/hearing rap with a full complement of musicians was both surprising and as you say exhilarating

Out of interest, have any of the folk who thought Sheeran was 'playing to a backing track/miming' changed their minds on his abilities since understanding he is actually looping live?

Lot's of buskers do this, it's the modern version of the one man band

It was quite obvious from the outset he was looping, why anyone thought otherwise I have no idea.

It's not an art form, just a convenient & cheap way to enhance your set, been going on for many years.

Many electronic solo artists used this formula back in the 80's with their keyboards, Howard Jones being one.

This is an art form https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnRVmiqm84k from 2.40 in I find more interesting.
Guy is a genius with the black stuff

Yeah, look at all those instruments he's mastered, and his voice!!

What a musician. I'm in awe.
Can you play guitar, if so, give looping a go, then attempt this.

You would most probably learn the guitar in around half the time, maybe less.

Can you play guitar, if so, give looping a go, then attempt this.

You would most probably learn the guitar in around half the time, maybe less.

Sorry for the previous post, it was arsy.

Yes, I play guitar - to a fairly basic level. I can play pop songs, but am a million miles from being able to do looping live.

Scratching (if I'm using the correct generic term) is indeed an art form in its own right. Not one that's ever really grabbed me though TBH.

If someone could play drums, guitar, bass guitar & keyboards, this would make a great live looping set.
A true one man band.

advertisement

Back