advertisement

When I went on naim forum 😂

Have they managed to keep the house sound after all these years, ie would a loyalist still recognise it ?
Doubt it otherwise they would have gone bust. My view is it managed to liven up the rather obese LP12. Used with any modern, neutral kit it would be far too forward.

I think the sound has changed some over the years but with reviewers banging on about their feet tapping and what PRaTs they are (isn't that what they are saying?) I think Naim doesn't want to change the "house sound" too much.
While Naim do have the PRaT thing going, they don't have the monopoly on it as they would like you to believe.

It's been removed, apparently so it can be modified, moderated. But it wasn't great for naim.
But they did ask, and they got answers.
But basically it's a shambles of a job, surprised they even got the naim right. That's how bad it was.

Edit
Looks like it's back, but haven't looked at it, but guess it's had loads removed.

Just had a look at the website out of curiosity. The history section is rather good IMO, nice to see pics of JV etc, the rest of the site very ‘lifestyle/fashion magazine/corporate’, and the current product copy reads like it was written by an AI!

I don't know that he had much choice as it was others who were active on internet forums who found the mistake while visiting.
Did it all get deleted?

The dCS forum is a very friendly place, they certainly don't mind discussions about other kit unlike the naim forum

Did it all get deleted?

The dCS forum is a very friendly place, they certainly don't mind discussions about other kit unlike the naim forum
I no longer go on the Naim forum, but in all the many years I was a regular poster on there I never had any of my posts on other kit (and I wrote lots of them) deleted.

Did it all get deleted?

as you're on the Naim forum you'd likely be aware they do indeed allow discussions on other kit. More anti naim bs

advertisement

Back