advertisement

When I went on naim forum 😂

Have you nothing better to do than bitch about other people behind their backs? You know who he is, he’s on this forum so man up and say it to his face, either that or grow up.

Indeed quite a few people showing their true colours on this thread by picking on one particular member of the Naim forum and making it obvious who they are talking about. I have to say it screams bullying to me. I certainly wouldn’t be thick skinned enough for similar said about me not to cause distress and hurt.

.sjb

Indeed quite a few people showing their true colours on this thread by picking on one particular member of the Naim forum and making it obvious who they are talking about. I have to say it screams bullying to me. I certainly wouldn’t be thick skinned enough for similar said about me not to cause distress and hurt.

.sjb
I’m not sure it’s actually bullying as such, I think you’d need to be a psychologist to fully understand what’s going on here, an insatiable desire to put down another brand / forum and at the same time take personal swipes at identifiable individuals in an attempt to belittle them. What could possibly be the motivation behind this considering everyone here presumably has the same common interest? Some personal insecurity or weakness perhaps, it’s beyond me.

There are thousands of non snobs poor people, which just wanted any job in order to bring food on the table to their family.
I'm sure they'd ignore your "clever" comment.
It's not a clever opinion but simply the one of myself and almost every of the 30 lads who started an apprenticeship at the age of 16 in 1965.

We all started out enthusiastic but as soon as the apprenticeship was over at the age of 21 nearly everyone of us were either up in the offices or ended up doing something different.

The thought of standing in front of a machine until the age of 65 was almost suicidal.

Most people who moan about closing coal mines and factories are those who have never worked in a mine or a factory in their lives.

As someone who served an apprentice as a Toolmaker in an aircraft factory, I can assure you there is nothing clever in standing in front of a machine smelling of coolant. Working in a factory is dismal.

Working in an office is much better. The people who moan about the demise of manufacturing have never worked behind a machine or on a production line.
No disrespect Mick, but a lot of modern manufacturing is a long way from the practices and processes of several decades ago. Factories are no longer always terrible places to work and many people enjoy a rewarding and fruitful career on the modern shopfloor.

No disrespect Mick, but a lot of modern manufacturing is a long way from the practices and processes of several decades ago. Factories are no longer always terrible places to work and many people enjoy a rewarding and fruitful career on the modern shopfloor.
The last factory I went in was around 2009/2010. It was a sheet metal factory. I did not envy the people working there. An office is a much better place to spend your working life, well it was for me at least.

The last factory I went in was around 2009/2010. It was a sheet metal factory. I did not envy the people working there. An office is a much better place to spend your working life, well it was for me at least.
As said, they're not all great... but they're not all depressing sweat shops either. Interestingly I was in a metal fabricators last week and it was pretty good with a lot of useful automation and people doing multiple roles taking pieces from inception to completion. Anyway... just saying that in some cases factories have moved on.

advertisement

Back