advertisement

When I went on naim forum 😂

I went on there once, in my naivety, to ask about my Avondale kit. I wasn’t there long!
(Mind you no one was rude to me)
That's amusing. A bit like breaking the first rule of fight club, but nice that they weren't rude.
Apart from the Avondale request mentioned by Suffolk Tony above, the top of every forum page lists about two rules that relate to component discussions. They are to not post about internal mods of Naim gear, or about third party power supplies for Naim. A significant part of Avondale's business model and branding is built on doing just that to Naim. Any other polite component discussions seem fine though, regardless of brand.

Do you not think how he has conducted himself to others at times is not bullying?
It's not OK to bully someone on here, whether he bullies anyone elsewhere or not. In my case, I don't visit the forum, I don't like the kit. I've heard it, and no thanks. Then I look at the locking in with weirdo cables, power supplies, the whole cult thing, and it's no thanks from me. What others do is up to them.

per flemming doesn't like facts, they get in the way of his twisted agenda! You know like the fact that Naim are profitable according to their published and audited accounts... according to per flemming that's all a pack of lies :rolleyes:
You do wonder why there's this rabid anti-Naim stuff posted, don't you? Now I'm not sure who it was, but I happen to know one of them was traumatised when a passing door-to-door Naim salesman accidentally dropped a NAP250 on his head when he was in his pram.

Forgive me I haven’t read the full thread, but there is one particular member on there (literally a member) who rates whatever he has at any one tIme as the best ever, and talks down to other members from a position of so called superiority as if they’re something on the end of his shoe. Can’t seem to post enough photos of his system, VERY fishy!!!
That’s made me giggle. He always says the wrong thing. It’s quite entertaining when he upsets someone and it all kicks off

I noticed posters on the Naim site seem to spend huge on front end electronics vs loudspeakers.

I like the site overall.

You do wonder why there's this rabid anti-Naim stuff posted, don't you? Now I'm not sure who it was, but I happen to know one of them was traumatised when a passing door-to-door Naim salesman accidentally dropped a NAP250 on his head when he was in his pram.
There is an old thing that if something is British and successful it must be criticised. Haters will hate etc etc.

There's something quite sad about this thread.

I'm sure most of the comments are good natured and well intentioned BUT (you knew this was coming) in a hobby so small surely there's room for us all without pointing and laughing in the mirror?

Forgive me I haven’t read the full thread, but there is one particular member on there (literally a member) who rates whatever he has at any one tIme as the best ever, and talks down to other members from a position of so called superiority as if they’re something on the end of his shoe. Can’t seem to post enough photos of his system, VERY fishy!!!
Just had an look and he is up to his teacher like best.Someone wanted advice about a Hicap DR on a Supernait and was told off in his usual superior way.He loves his lounge and furniture and loves to show it off .I think he's given only 16 likes...but soaks the likes up from other members.
what he doesn't know about Naim is worth knowing .He would do great on Mastermind

Just had an look and he is up to his teacher like best.Someone wanted advice about a Hicap DR on a Supernait and was told off in his usual superior way.He loves his lounge and furniture and loves to show it off .I think he's given only 16 likes...but soaks the likes up from other members.
what he doesn't know about Naim is worth knowing .He would do great on Mastermind
Have you nothing better to do than bitch about other people behind their backs? You know who he is, he’s on this forum so man up and say it to his face, either that or grow up.

There is an old thing that if something is British and successful it must be criticised.
Maybe a reason there's not much British manufacture left, looking decades back mind you.
Cars ? Loudspeakers ? etc..
BTW aren't Vervent French and some of their production facilities in Slovakia.?
Rega hardly gets any critic, they are successful.

As someone who served an apprentice as a Toolmaker in an aircraft factory, I can assure you there is nothing clever in standing in front of a machine smelling of coolant. Working in a factory is dismal.

Working in an office is much better. The people who moan about the demise of manufacturing have never worked behind a machine or on a production line.

Prompted by the vague promise of a superior person being imperious I went on for the first time in many years. My main impression was how dull it is. Couldn’t even be bothered to find the photos of a lounge. What is a lounge anyhow?

Edit: just looked it up and it is a room used for leisure activities although I’d like a lobby which apparently is : a room in a usually public building or vehicle often combining lounging, smoking, and toilet facilities.

advertisement

Back