advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much?

The cost is line with a similar box upgrade with the added bonus of maximising the incremental improvement of future upgrades

This is not simply idle theory for it has been borne out by demonstrations in the dealer listening room and here at home. No DBT/ABX undertaken - I can live with the uncertainty.

Prices are for each level:

Front and rear drilled acrylic sections x 2: £130 s/h

PEEK spars joining the above front to back x 2: £270

PEEK supporting beams x 2: £200

PEEK slugs to insert into holes: £4 each

PEEK plugs to attach the beams to the front and rear sections x 4: £100

Inserts and cones x4: £120.

There are three levels.

Cyrus CDt: £850.

This is upgradable to the CD XT Signature for a further £1300.

KEF LS50W to potentially replace a Naim/Tannoy back-end (and keeping my MicroRendu/custom NUC front end).

Allo digiOne spdif HAT for raspberry pi. Amazing bit of kit for the money, with measurements to back it up.

Using it as a Roon endpoint into Devialet.

Probably Audeze LCD-3 headphones for sound quality and value. Or maybe Harbeth P3ESR speakers because they always sound good in any room I've heard them.

I did like my Nagra PL-P preamp though.

By a short head a Rega P3 Planar turntable in white being my first step back into vinyl after about 25 year absence. I say by a short head because as I was about to leave the house to collect the Rega the delivery man arrived with a pair of cherry Spendor A5R speakers which I had ordered the previous day to replace (guess what) a pair of cherry A5's. There was still plenty of life left in my A5's but £700 off a brand new pair of A5R's was too good a bargain to miss.

Graham ls5/9 speakers
Vista Spark amp

I also bought the Volt+ TPA3118 amp module to hear what all the fuss is about those new tripath. I quite liked my tpa202x amps

Power Inspired ag1500 regenerator which made all my system come to life and justify the cost of my components.

You cannot do much about the electrical supply coming into your property but without question you can improve so much if you live in an area with a less than good supply.

Dynamik'd Linn Exotik Phono Pre amp. Doing sterling service with a LK140 and a pair of Royd Sorcerors (which are still for sale....).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back