advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said of cable- the more you use, the better they sound. I get a five year guarantee as well- all sorts can go wrong.

I have swapped my speakers. No biwiring/amping no more. 12m Nordost 2flat going on spare. System and speakers are located on the other side of the room.

My new amps are Maker Audio Ref 2A pyramid monoblocks - 600w into 8ohms and in my case 1200w into 4ohms per channel...Awesome!

Also I bought a lovely Alchemist preamp + power supply...they all go together really well and the sound is just fantastic!

I think these will be the last amps I ever buy! Check out their website at - http://www.makeraudio.com/ - They are based in Florida.

20170814_191422 by Andrew Zeglicki, on Flickr

20170814_190926 by Andrew Zeglicki, on Flickr

20170814_190932 by Andrew Zeglicki, on Flickr

AudioQuest DF RED DAC, ironically my third after leaving #2 on an aircraft. I loved it from the off but also had a Mojo at the same time when I initially bought it (the first one). Mojo had the slight edge so I gifted it to my dad, then I realised how much I missed it. For on the move, it's one of my best buys, along with IEMs by Noble Audio. Zero intentions of parting with it, for the size it's superb and a great leap from a bare iPhone. A no-brainer IMO and a bargain for what it is.

The extra layers, detail and bottom end it brings are all too addictive. Highly recommended.

A new SPS DAC-3 (Battery powered TDA1543 DAC), and only yesterday a second hand pair of Magneplanar ("Maggies") MG-1's (1976) for the fun of it :)

Have you considered relocating the speakers from the West wing to the East wing with the amps? :)D)

There is a total of 26 meters of Chord Odyssey 4 in my main system... sounds like a lot but it's a multi amp active system so two runs per side with all the electronics set off to the right of the speakers. If it were possible to place the electronics between the speakers, I could have gotten away with 8 meters with a little slack.:rolleyes:

I've ordered (not yet received) an Airlink 3000VA balanced mains transformer.
--------
(I've got twenty metres of speaker cable in my system and that's just 2 channel in a reasonably small space)

I've ordered (not yet received) an Airlink 3000VA balanced mains transformer.
--------
(I've got twenty metres of speaker cable in my system and that's just 2 channel in a reasonably small space)

I trust you're aware of the safety implications of using balanced mains?

The one I have bought is from a professional manufacturer (not cobbled together by some clown in his spare bedroom ;)) of such, it has MCB's on the input and RCB's on the output.

The one I have bought is from a professional manufacturer (not cobbled together by some clown in his spare bedroom ;)) of such, it has MCB's on the input and RCB's on the output.

You still need to be careful as domestic equipment is designed for single ended mains. It may or may not be safe regardless of the MCB/RCD.

Tellurium Q black speaker cables, for once the reviews were right and the difference over my naim naca5 cables was huge, much more detailed, wider soundstage and improved dynamics.

Tellurium Q black speaker cables, for once the reviews were right and the difference over my naim naca5 cables was huge, much more detailed, wider soundstage and improved dynamics.

Return it if you can and get LS-5 designed lately by Colin Wonfor, who designed original Black and rest of Tellurium cables (and after Tellurium patented all his work, Geoff - co founder/marketing man - got rid of this brilliant engineer in nasty way:mad:).

https://www.elsdonwonforaudio.com/speaker-cable

Presonus R65 active studio monitors - for the price and such are extremely good deal, very musical, if you like simple music listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back