advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Class a output phase"?

Sorry meant input. From the Nord website...

The Nord One UP NC500MB Amplifier is our upgraded Mono Block amp. Using Nord Input Buffer Boards with high end discrete Sparkos Labs Voltage Regulators and a choice of Sparkos Labs SS3602 or the Sonic Imagery 994 discrete Op Amps, both run in full Class A

Sorry meant input.

Yes, that makes more sense. And "stage" is the correct term instead of "phase".

From the Nord website...

The Nord One UP NC500MB Amplifier is our upgraded Mono Block amp. Using Nord Input Buffer Boards with high end discrete Sparkos Labs Voltage Regulators and a choice of Sparkos Labs SS3602 or the Sonic Imagery 994 discrete Op Amps, both run in full Class A

Pretty much any small-signal amp runs in class A, so that really isn't here or there.

Ex-demo PMC twenty 23 - bought on impulse with the idea of returning if I didn't like them, definitely staying!

A jolly fine speaker. One of my friends has done a similar thing to you. They present exceptionally well and give a satisfying performance. I may even have a go myself.:D

Grado RS2e headphones to replace my ancient RS1s, which I managed to de-magnetise by storing them on top of some unshielded active speakers.

Initially they were very restricted, but after leaving them connected to a tuner for several days they opened up nicely.

They seem to be more natural then the old RS1s, and still very lively. I use them without a dedicated amplifier, though I have the appropriate Naim amp, connecting them to an Audiolab CDQ/tuner or an ATC integrated amp in my main system.

I guess I should be using a dedicated headphone amp, but understand that Grados are easy to drive and they seem to be very revealing and dynamic without.

A Nait 2. Going to play with some options in the loft, report findings and divide opinion on here! Will I go back to vinyl and a pair of Kans? This tinkering around could get mildly expensive....

Today s/h: Genelec G Three for home office setup :) My daughter is happy with my Nubert Nupro A-10 know. Big improvement, I like the finnies, very clean AND very enjoyable...

An AT cart, the OC9/III, don't like it, too analytical. Just as well I broke it. No need to try to sell on now, still that's £400 gone in a gnats fart. I blame hay fever or the medicine to deal with it.

A pair of Epos M12i in nice condition from Ebay for £155. Much underrated speakers and do produce decent bass - use about 2 feet from the back wall and have good prescence if used in a smallish size of room they are intended for.

Yamaha A-S2100 integrated amp. One month on & still utterly delighted with it! Wanted to reduce the box count & cabling, and fancied something without the audiophool badge snobbery. And I got a pair of VU meters thrown in too ;)

Amazon-Audio Reference Turntable (upgraded from Amazon-Audio One). Fine-looking TT. I am in the process of charging its battery, and I need to adjust my Morch UP-4 for use on that huge machine. I may need some serious spacers to elevate the arm enough for it to play. I also need to do the tedious=interesting arm adjustments: balance, weight, anti-skating, vertical angle of this unipivot arm etc.

See here: http://www.amazon-audio.de/Engl_Ama_Ref.html

Own pix here: https://web.tresorit.com/l#5VToSNlrpA4RjAEXcJig5A

Amazon-Audio Reference Turntable (upgraded from Amazon-Audio One). Fine-looking TT. I am in the process of charging its battery, and I need to adjust my Morch UP-4 for use on that huge machine. I may need some serious spacers to elevate the arm enough for it to play. I also need to do the tedious=interesting arm adjustments: balance, weight, anti-skating, vertical angle of this unipivot arm etc.

See here: http://www.amazon-audio.de/Engl_Ama_Ref.html

Own pix here: https://web.tresorit.com/l#5VToSNlrpA4RjAEXcJig5A
Can it be voice activated if one has the latest amazon remote ?

:D I have disabled that feature. I don't want it to echo everything that takes place in my study. Would bore the poor NSA (No Such Agency) buggers out of their minds.

Just to avoid further confusion, the Amazon-Audio Reference turntable, manufactured in Frankfurt am Mein by Hartmut Janßen, has nothing to do with the Amazon global entity founded by Jeff Bezos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back