advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some twenty year old recently reformed Audio Note AN-E Sp's :)

Now just got to play with a few amps (excuse to buy more kit) to find which I like and which suits them :)

Chord chorus interconnect, from a member of this forum, its in the post now... before that and quite recently, a Linn Pekin tuner for £75, not bad considering what they usually sell for (around £200). It's not as good as my Kremlin but still sounds very decent hooked up to my bedroom system.

Jeezus I just found a list of all the equipment I've bought in the last decade and a half.

TEAD Groove Plus SRX
Townsend Isolda cables
Shunyata King Cobra
Sonos
BCD Rack
TAD ET-703
Townsend DCT300 x 3
Stillpoints
Grand Prix Monaco
Lyra Kleos
JBL K2 9800
Linn LP12/Ekos/Lingo
Tascam da3000
Devialet 400
TEAD Vibe Pulse 2
ATC SCM50TSL
Ortofon SPU Anniver
Ortofon AS-309s
Techincs SP10 mk3
Audio Note S9
Marantz CD7
JBL 1500AL x 2
Berning ZH270
Moon P5 Preamp
Vpi Aries Scout
Dynavector DV20
Canary Audio CA301
Moon W5 Poweramp
Finite Element Pagode
Cardas Golden Ref cables
JBL 435BE
JBL H9800
Accuphase C2800
Proac Future 0.5
Tact S2150
Tact RCS2.2X
Tact S2150
Tact S2150
Tact W210
Merlin VSM
Michell Orbe/SME
Shunyata Hydra
Jaya
Kimber 8TC cables
Moon Eclipse CD Player
Tact RCS2.2X
Stax Omega Ref
Proac Response 1sc
VDH Integration
Teac P30
Proac D100
Proac Response 1sc
Velodyne DD12
Merlin VSM
Michell Orbe/Technoarm
Denon DL103
GS Elevator
Mcintosh MA2275
TEAD Microgroove+
Proac D80
Merlin TSM
Cardas Golden Ref Speak
Bryston BP10 Sub
TARGET R2 STANDS
JBL 4338
Tom Evans Groove Plus
SME 20/2a
Technics SP10 Mk3
Michell Gyrodec/Orbe
DEQX PDC2.6p
Ortofon SPU Mono
Shelter 901
Pass Labs XVR-1
TAD cabinets
TAD TD -4003
TADGET TH4003
Naim CDX2
Naim CD 555PS
300b x 4 we + TJ
Berning Siegfried
Connoiseur 4.2SE
Hadcock GH242SE
Tom Evans Vibe Pulse 2
Crown K1
Townsend Isolda
Townshend DCT300
Ortofon Rondo Bronze
Whest Ref V
Berning ZH270
Proac Response 1sc
Kondo IO-J
Avid Acutus
SME V
Benz Micro Ebony LP
Berning ZH230
Berning ZOTL Pre 1
Metric Halo ULN2
Focal Diablo Utopia
Linn 5150
SME 30/12

I won't be buying anymore........

That's quite a list!

I keep saying I won't be buying anymore for at least until something dies... and then I spot a beer money bargain for a second system or just something to play with and buy it.

Pioneer s-2ex speakers to complement my existing Pioneer reference system, Now looking for a Pioneer PL-90 turntable to finish my venture.

A pair of Epos M12i speakers for £155 in very good condition. I aleady have a pair of M5i which I got from Ebay 2 years ago, I really wanted the M12i but at the time only the M5i came up at a price I was prepared to pay ( £122 ). I now want to compare the 2 as they have completely philosphies - The M5i a complicated crossover v M12i a simple crossover with just a cap and a resistor. At the moment they seem very comparable with maybe the M12i with a bit more of sting/hardness ( but not from the tweeter I think but the bass/mid range unit )

I recently perchased a Luxman C-12 pre amp, to go with my JVC M-L10. Was a bit weary as there's a known issue with some of the now discontinued IC's, but I found a source for replacements if need be. Only thing replaced, so far, is the 'on' bulb. I think it sounds a bit better than my Nakamich CA-5, and I really like the subtlety of the 'linear equaliser' .

OK, gonna wing it a bit on this.

The last bit of kit I got was an early Audiolab 8000a from outside a house that was being junked. I knocked on the door and asked if I could take it, "oh yes" She said, "would you like a carrier bag to put it in?"
Got it home, gave it a wipe over. Had a check inside for anything amiss. Plugged it in, listened for speaker relay click, all good.
Connected it all up, worked perfectly, even the pots are totally silent.
Total Winner !!
:cool:

OK, gonna wing it a bit on this.

The last bit of kit I got was an early Audiolab 8000a from outside a house that was being junked. I knocked on the door and asked if I could take it, "oh yes" She said, "would you like a carrier bag to put it in?"
Got it home, gave it a wipe over. Had a check inside for anything amiss. Plugged it in, listened for speaker relay click, all good.
Connected it all up, worked perfectly, even the pots are totally silent.
Total Winner !!
:cool:

some people have all the luck - though up here in London might be Krell in the bin ( dont think so :()

Having recently arrived in London I've had to leave my main stereo setup behind for the time being. In anticipation of living in a small apartment until my family joins me I bought a Joty, HD800's, LCD3's and most recently a Chord Mojo. Ironically I'm sharing an apartment with a colleague so the cans haven't come out to play, instead the mojo is running line out into a Little Italy integrated valve amp driving Odeon Fidelio's.

Bought a pair of Tannoy Ellipse 8 3-way active monitors last week - 8" DC in a big grey egg with a supertweeter perched on top :D.

Absolutely fantastic things! I'd had one previous attempt at active monitors with some ESI Unik 08's which I kinda liked, but not enough to live with for very long. These Tannoys are a league or 3 above (though I admit I've always been a big DC fan)! The mid/low/hi trim pots have been great to tailor them to my room too.

Just fab and worth every penny :)

A 200w linear PSU with multiple output rails (5V, 12V, variable 5-19V, 19V) in a rather fetching case with sexy(ish) heatsinking. Money well spent in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back