advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rega RP 10
Naim stageline (used)
Teddycap

Proac d30r (used.. Pick them up next week)

That will wrap up my Hifi purchases for the foreseeable future :)

Kenwood KD-990 turntable. It's really rather good!

IMGP1483_zpshml7xf4r.jpg

Rega RP 10
Naim stageline (used)
Teddycap

Proac d30r (used.. Pick them up next week)

That will wrap up my Hifi purchases for the foreseeable future :)

Oops… the stageline reference above should have been Superline.

As for my thoughts on the RP 10 / Apheta 2. It's a huge step up from my Project 2Xperience/ortofon black. Much more detail and dynamic range and a very natural sonic presentation. Inky black backgrounds also, but I'm not sure if that is due to the table or the new phono stage or perhaps a combination.

As good as the table sounds, I also love the look of it, and the quality of materials used. It's fit and finish is superb.

I was bequeathed a mint Creek CAS 4040 s3. I had one nearly 30 years ago. It's a very fine match for my Tannoy Cheviots. There's plently of grunt on tap and remains sweet when pushed hard.

I acquired a second hand NAD S300 Integrated Amp.at the weekend. A bit of a monster in terms of size and weight but it has far exceeded my expectations in terms of sound quality. A real beauty.

Raspberry Pi and Hifiberry Dac to dick about with on the little second system and to see if I can get away from laptop and usb cables cluttering the floor as main digital music provider, except I've loaded LMS onto the laptop where all music is stored so, erm... perhaps not thought it through completely yet

A Vitus RI-100 integrated amplifier. I'd lived happily with 52/135s and made the mistake of accepting a home demo after I'd described how I'd like the Naim kit to sound in an ideal world.
I didn't rush into it though. At a similar price-point I also had a listen to a Devialet 250. Despite its gorgeous looks, the Devialet didn't really thrill (although I concede I didn't try it at home).
The Vitus oozes quality, sounds superb and is one box in stead of four - albeit a very big, heavy and expensive box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back