• Thorens

Votes: 22 8.2%
  • Vertere

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 116 43.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't vote because it would only let me choose two, and WT and Garrard were missing. I never understand why polls are designed to refuse the real data. This site is not running on a ZX-81. More options and multiple selections are within the server's capabilities.

Why am I only allowed two votes?!

I’ve got two in the list (Michell and Thorens) and a heck of a lot of ‘Other’, including ADC, B&O, Garrard, Markel, Nakamichi, Sony, Yamaha and Vestax.

And probably one or two others I’ve forgotten…

Since last year Rega P6 before that a P3 for nearly 30years…the P6 is considerably better as one would expect but it’s always a surprise at how good it sounds…would like to move to a P8 as a fix and forget end point

IMG-1022.jpg

A Project Classic. Bought at a great price on eBay, but I’ve never really bonded with it. Just doesn’t sound as good as my digital, and most of the music I’m into now is on CD. Suspect it would do better on a dedicated shelf. One day maybe.

Modified Rega Planar 3:
• c. 1980 plinth with wood surround (cherry?)
• RB300
• upgraded AC motor
• Tangospinner subplatter
• AT3600L for the moment 😀

I love it very much ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Bought a Nottingham Analogue Horizon and was blown away with it!.....after several months, the usual thought entered my heard...."wonder what the space-deck is like"......bloody good IMO.

This ones got the top spec 'Ace Ana' tonearm.

Going to get the 2nd arm bracket and add the horizon arm mounted with a MM cartridge soon.

An equally intereting thread might be "what turntable have you not (yet) heard or owned that you would really like to."

For me, as a P10 and Sony DD owner, the answer would be an idler, or a 1200G with an upper-Rega or SME arm on it.

An equally intereting thread might be "what turntable have you not (yet) heard or owned that you would really like to."

For me, as a P10 and Sony DD owner, the answer would be an idler, or a 1200G with an upper-Rega or SME arm on it.
I'd like to try an idler, not fussy whether Garrard, Thorens or PTP (Lenco) and a DD, probably a STST Motus or Brinkmann Bardo or Oasis.
I tried 'most' of the different types of belt drives and prefer Tom Fletchers designs too anything else.

advertisement

Back