advertisement

What no cricket thread ?

Bairstow is no better but they have Faulkes in the ‘bubble’. Probably not much in it either way.

Best batsman in the world a couple of years ago and better with the gloves, Buttler's done very little at test level. It's about nurturing people's confidence, something the England management seems very poor at

Best batsman in the world a couple of years ago and better with the gloves, Buttler's done very little at test level. It's about nurturing people's confidence, something the England management seems very poor at
2 years ago is irrelevant, I like him as a batsman but his form over last couple of years has been wretched.

The Stokes knockers have gone quiet ;)

England have made an excellent comeback today.

He's a very unlikeable character, what's your point? I don't think sport should be about extreme aggression at all costs, and especially where people can't contain themselves. I saw enough of it it as a youngster to know that people's education came second.

Blimey. Where you bullied as a child or something? WTF.

Extreme aggression though. Surely that's why Archer is in the team. He's a big tall intimidating bowler , well , that was the plan. So far he's been shown up by a 17 year old "kid" in that Pakistan team.

Personally I think Archer's a bit of a one trick show pony who's fooled everyone into believing in him.

Would love for him to prove me wrong.

Chris is Woke though.

Extreme aggression though. Surely that's why Archer is in the team. He's a big tall intimidating bowler , well , that was the plan. So far he's been shown up by a 17 year old "kid" in that Pakistan team.

Personally I think Archer's a bit of a one trick show pony who's fooled everyone into believing in him.

Chris is Woke though.

I'm referring to his little drunken problem that people like to let go these days - and there's the apparent stanglehold on his wife too. There were plenty of lads who thought that rugby would be their salavation at my school I'm afraid...

Chris is Woke though.
Really? Is this aimed at me, no need for personal insults.

I’m pretty sure Archer will be OK, he usually bowls better as the game goes on. I am sure he won’t lose too much sleep over what the likes of you & me think.

He's a very unlikeable character, what's your point? I don't think sport should be about extreme aggression at all costs, and especially where people can't contain themselves. I saw enough of it it as a youngster to know that people's education came second.
Well, I am not sure what point you are trying to make. Who is unlikeable? The arch Tory know nothing Vaughan or Stokes?

Stokes is a great cricketer, probably our best all rounder ever. I don’t see him as aggressive on the pitch, certainly not compared to many others.

... whatever

ss-composite-image-2019-10-8-18-49_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.png

Stokes has always been a talented cricketer and seems to have grown up since his brush with the law, surely one of the principal aims of the criminal justice system is to reform miscreants and in his case it seems to have worked.

I really hope they make him Captain soon as I think we will need his kind of inspirational leadership to win back the Ashes in Oz and Root is turning into the cricketing version of Michael Owen/Orson Wells.

Stokes has always been a talented cricketer and seems to have grown up since his brush with the law, surely one of the principal aims of the criminal justice system is to reform miscreants and in his case it seems to have worked.

I really hope they make him Captain soon as I think we will need his kind of inspirational leadership to win back the Ashes in Oz and Root is turning into the cricketing version of Michael Owen/Orson Wells.

I sincerely do not, reform is not to forget

Stokes was found not guilty as far as I recall. Personally I found his behaviour sickening re the nightclub assault but I don’t think that is relevant to the criticism levelled at him on here.

I just don’t understand how great they expect him to be? He is probably our only player who would walk into any other side.

Joe Root walls like an old man, which is rather odd.

I don’t think Stokes should be captain, Root actually used his bowlers pretty well today. I questioned why he brought Woakes on but it worked.

Root has the best win ratio of any England captain since Brearley. I don’t understand the criticism of him. His batting has suffered more from the fact that we’ve not had decent openers (or a 3) for too long. Root is a number 4 like Kohli and Smith. Batting at 3 with openers who regularly fail means he is mostly playing as an opener. Which is not his game at all.
Burns and Sibley must establish themselves pretty damn quick.

His fields are too defensive and in general I find him uninspiring on and off the pitch.

The captaincy has robbed him of his youthful exuberance and what should have been his best batting years.

He needs to be put out of his and our misery.

The media and support for him can be very fickle. However the management seem to be wanting to give him every chance, or else why is he being picked. Foakes in for the next test, for me, btw.

Hope Archer can have more of an impact later in the game.

It would be nice to confirm from the coach what Archer is actually picked for. If its 90+ mph stuff, then Archer isn't delivering. Wood would do that kind of pace throughout his spells.

So far, i agree, even though Archer has some 5 fors.

Root has the best win ratio of any England captain since Brearley. I don’t understand the criticism of him. His batting has suffered more from the fact that we’ve not had decent openers (or a 3) for too long. Root is a number 4 like Kohli and Smith. Batting at 3 with openers who regularly fail means he is mostly playing as an opener. Which is not his game at all.
Burns and Sibley must establish themselves pretty damn quick.

Agreed. I refer to my earlier post where we bash the captain without considering the full picture of what he's faced with.

The media and support for him can be very fickle. However the management seem to be wanting to give him every chance, or else why is he being picked. Foakes in for the next test, for me, btw.

It would be nice to confirm from the coach what Archer is actually picked for. If its 90+ mph stuff, then Archer isn't delivering. Wood would do that kind of pace throughout his spells.

So far, i agree, even though Archer has some 5 fors.

Agreed. I refer to my earlier post where we bash the captain without considering the full picture of what he's faced with.
Archer is a very young cricketer, Jimmy Anderson had his problems at the start of his career; not sure Root trusts him at the moment but he is a match winner.

a very useful 30 runs this morning off 3 overs has just swung the game Pakistan's way I fear

advertisement

Back