advertisement

What concert have you last been to #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barb Jungr tonight , back in her home town at the Plaza, Stockport.

edit
fantastic performance by Barb as usual, but only half full. Not promoted enough and booked too late I reckon.

Back in November saw Agitation Free at the Jazz Cafe, it was long awaited (not only because they never played the UK even in their prime) but it had been postponed since April! It was amazing and everything I hoped it to be.

We had our annual visit to see The Silencers when they were back in Scotland at Christmas. Lost count of the times I've seen them now!

Gilad Atzmon & the Orient House Ensemble @ Aberystwyth Arts Centre on Saturday

Excellent (a good time was had by all)

La Traviata on Saturday at the Coliseum. Absolutely fantastic performance and the sparse set works perfectly.

Michael Jackson tribute by Circus Solei at O2. My favourite performer, lots of archive film with the acrobats and dancers, worth going to see if it is on again in a smaller venue. Although we had the most expensive seats it all seemed rather small

Marcus Bonfanti playing some fantastic solo blues last night. Also saw Jamie Williams and Steve Roux as part of the Broadstairs Blues Bash.
Back over to Broadstairs again later today to see Dove & Boweevil, Storm Warning, Babajack, Rythm Zoo and the headline act Blues Band.
Loads of other free acts to see all over this weekend.

Going slightly mad this evening with a first see of 'Dressed to Kill' The missus is not to imperesed so I'll have to drag her along.
A Kiss tribute band of course, I think it'll be fun.

Trichotomy a few weeks ago at the Lakeside in Nottingham.
Saw them when they previously toured and liked them more then. Too polished now for my liking and the drummer, who is great, is playing very much second fiddle (ahum!) to the pianist. Don't think making it big by signing with Naim has done them much good personally. Still looking for a new E.S.T. Perhaps Go Go Penguin? Anyone seen them?

Tony Kofi at BeestonJazz in Nottingham on the last day of Jan. Very good indeed and in a very nice, intimate venue. Way jazz is supposed to be! The local BoHop trio gave terrific support and am looking forward to next concert there.

Richard Thompson - St Davids Hall, Cardiff last Thursday.

RT was excellent but the bass was one note - are all sound engineers half-deaf?

Going slightly mad this evening with a first see of 'Dressed to Kill' The missus is not to imperesed so I'll have to drag her along.
A Kiss tribute band of course, I think it'll be fun.

Turned out great fun, we had fire, fireballs, smoking guitars, fireworks, blood, the oath, plenty beers, and some fun sounds.

He didn't fly though :D

sigur rós at the SECC, Glasgow. What a cracker!
The bees were really buzzing in my bonnet by the end of the show. :)

Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra Tuesday, Mahler 5, Glass ,Bernstein and Penderecki.

Makes it obvious that even good HI Fi has a very long way to go.

sigur rós at the SECC, Glasgow. What a cracker!
The bees were really buzzing in my bonnet by the end of the show. :)

I was there too... great concert.

But couldn't believe the number of people standing around chatting all the way through the music. They should have gone to the pub instead.

The Magic Band at the Concorde2, Brighton, Friday1st March (see my other thread).

... couldn't believe the number of people standing around
chatting all the way through the music. They should have gone to the pub instead.

That's always a problem, and it annoys me too..

But couldn't believe the number of people standing around chatting all the way through the music. They should have gone to the pub instead.

This brings out the ocd extremist in me. All venues need a big sign similar to the jazz cafe "during the performance STFU" imo.
And what on earth are all those people thinking sticking their smart 'phones in the air recording crappy video, but obscuring the view for everyone else?
Aaarrrrgggghhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back