advertisement

What are you listening to right now #7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny old evening

Paul Simon - Graceland
The Indestructible Beat of Soweto Vol.2 Zulu Jive - The real thing
XTC - This World Over - 12" 45rpm Single
Dr Feelgood - Down By The Jetty - Their first and best - one of my all time faves
Depeche Mode - Construction Time Again
Depeche Mode - Blasphemous Rumours - A side is 45 rpm whilst the B side is 33 rpm

Andy

was Ojos do Brujo - Bari; Pink Floyd - Echoes; Ben Webster meets Oscar Peterson
now Andy Kershaw on Radio 3

S.

Various Franco MP3s from various places on the web, and this the Garifuna project from Belize, Honduras and Guatemala

Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers - Sonoran Hope and Madness

Contains one of only a handful of perfect songs ever recorded: "Sleep Like A Baby".

Orchestre National de Barbés - Poulina

One of Joel's excellent recommendations, just in from France (where else!). A host of different sounds on this North African album, from the acoustic to the frantic. Lots of great music.

Was:
Lizz Wright - Salt (Verve)
The Orb - Okie Dokie It's the Orb on Kompakt (total smasher, guess the label)

Is:
Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase (Warp)

coredump said:
Was:
The Orb - Okie Dokie It's the Orb on Kompakt (total smasher, guess the label)

Is:
Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase (Warp)
What do you reckon to these two? I haven't heard them yet.

rod,
rod said:
What do you reckon to these two? I haven't heard them yet.
if you're into this kind of stuff, give them a listen. The Orb's album is really good IMHO, I like the influence of Thomas Fehlmann (while you're at it, give his album, "Low Flow", a listen, too).

I've only listened to the BOC's album for about three times, but I already like it more than "Geogaddi".

So, yes, I like 'em both. :)

I am waiting for he delivery of the new albums by Jan Jelinek and Static, at least the new Jelinek album is said to be a real smasher. Supposedly lots of "Krautrock" reminiscences...

Best,

Oliver

Oliver,

I haven't really listened to any Orb-related stuff since FFWD (2LP). I'll give it a listen.

Oddly enough I prefer Geogaddi to Music... Must get a copy.

Ta.

Alex, there's just no reasoning with me. Mind you, I have only recently bought "Music...", so perhaps it needs a few more spins.

Still laugh when I see BOC printed, I keep thinking BÖC :)

The Fall.

'The man who's head expanded explained:
The scriptwriter would follow him around,
of this he was convinced. It was no coincidence.
The lager seemed poisoned.
It was no matter of small consequence. No little pub incidence.
A red faced post- 'Jolly Grapes' would steal his jewels, and put
them in the mouths of Vic. actor fools.
Of this he was convinced.'

Rod - fair enough. I really like Music... and recently disposed of Geogaddi because I just couldn't get into it. Twoism is pretty good, but perhaps we are looking for different things...

There's no accounting for (my) taste! I haven't heard Twoism yet, either.

Now: The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers...

It Bites - The Big Lad In The Windmill

Looking forward to the new Kate Bush and the new Trey Anastasio, both of which await me at home (courtesy of the ever-thoughtful Mrs. K).

the united states of america - s/t

i am liking this a lot, anyone have recommendations of something similar? might just have to track it down on vinyl now (presuming its available / affordable).

Was Reuber – Anna
Now before bed Ginnungagap – Remeindre ep, 4 trakcs of acoustic drone heaven, good night

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back