advertisement

What are you listening to right now #7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P

Banned
Hey thanks for that but it's a little unclear wether it's the double pressing?

Not that there's owt wrong with the UK pressing but it's a bit lofi compared to how good a well spread out double 33 could be?

I know

It's one of me many faults

All the way from Mem Fuss

1970 - Alex Chilton

Post Box Tops Pre Big Star hidden in the vaults since 1969 and released in 1996.

THe real "lost" Big Star album

Sounds as fresh as the day.

Phenomenal stuff indeed.

Digitty Doodah

Dave, that's worringly modern for you :) Great record though. If you haven't already, check out McLean's New Soil, it really fugging swings.

-- Ian

Was: Clutch - Live in Flint, Michigan

Is: Gary Numan - Hybrid Sessions. Industrial remixes. There's no way I ever thought I would be listening to Gary Numan, but there you go.

Kevin McDermott Orchestra - Mother Nature's Kitchen

sideshowbob said:
Dave, that's worringly modern for you :)

Cheers Ian, lets just say I've found my niche. I just sampled New Soil, sounds great and I hear traces of John Zorn's Masada in there. Incidentally, here's how Jackie finishes his sleeve note on ... Out!

"Jazz is a happy thing and there are a lot of musicians around waiting to give a little happiness to a world filled with so much unrest."

Amen to that.

d

B000A2H812.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Was:
Goldfrapp - Supernature
London Elektricity - Power Ballads
(Whoa!)

Is:
22 Pistepirkko - Drops & Kicks

Is : Secaucus by The Wrens

Scored relatively cheaply (for something that has been going for over £60 on epay).

The Fall, Fall Heads Roll, again. It really is splendid, especially the awesome "Blindness", which they've been playing a lot live over the last year or so.

-- Ian

sideshowbob said:
The Fall, Fall Heads Roll, again. It really is splendid, especially the awesome "Blindness", which they've been playing a lot live over the last year or so.

-- Ian

Snap! Just had me first listen. Top class Fall indeed. The last track, Trust In Me, seems to have someone else on vocals (?) which is a bit weird to say the least - still a good 'un though. Must try and catch them - they're touring with John Cooper-Clarke at the moment!

Cheers

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back