advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
1957 LP on the budget mail order label Jazztone combining a couple of earlier 10"s released on Vanguard, 'Don Elliott - Doubles In Brass' and 'Sam Most Sextet'.

NC0xMTIxLmpwZWc.jpeg

Pat Metheny - Trio 99-00

This by a long way my favourite Metheny record - no synths!
OIP.SFAs0oS9tnDkIgxiqRymMgAAAA

Why 'surprise of the year'?

I can't be bothered any more with all these reissues. I already have the box set from a while back, a 1960s original press and an 1980s Atlantic press. A little secret -- all the 80s Atlantic pressings with @T/GP in the deadwax (indicating a George Piros mastering) sound very good and can be had for a reasonable price.

Besides, I can't stand any of the saccharine sweet Sound of Music tunes, including My Favorite Things played by Coltrane! :p

The surprise of the year for sure. Atlantic – SD-1361. LP, 2022.

MjEtNjcxOC5qcGVn.jpeg

Stephen P. McGreevy - The VLF Recordings Of Stephen P. McGreevy - 2xCD - Irdial Discs.
Sounds amazing with rain hitting my conservatory roof:cool:

Why 'surprise of the year'?

Largely because it is something that the big labels had given up doing a long, long time ago - an 'honest', all-analogue release from the best available tapes, at an attractive price, in a no frills package and with little hype. I picked this up on release day and before people began to realise what they had - it was a great surprise.

Incubus – Make Yourself
Label: Epic – EPC 495040 9, Immortal Records (3) – 495040 9
Format: CD, Album CD ,All Media, Limited Edition, Tour Edition
Released: 2001
Genre: Rock
Style: Alternative Rock, Acoustic

Incubus_-_Make_Yourself.jpg

CD Rip - FLAC format via PI3/R-2R DAC HAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back