advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
e6c3f4a47fcd77602fedb9dfb76a880d3233a4e9.jpeg

Added this to stream later
Mike, I am really liking this trio playing on this. Their ability to really listen and respond to what each of them is improvising and move the music forward in excellent. Free Jazz improvisation though, but with a ‘circular’ structure to it here, so perhaps not for everyone?

The vinyl sounds excellent although the instruments are a bit over large at times. Great dynamics and good pressing quality. The CD comes with two extra tracks, but there is a download code with the vinyl.

Mike, I am really liking this trio playing on this. Their ability to really listen and respond to what each of them is improvising and move the music forward in excellent. Free Jazz improvisation though, but with a ‘circular’ structure to it here, so perhaps not for everyone?

The vinyl sounds excellent although the instruments are a bit over large at times. Great dynamics and good pressing quality. The CD comes with two extra tracks, but there is a download code with the vinyl.
Giving it a listen now

cGVn.jpeg

Vinyl, box set original Nimbus Direct to Disk recordings.
It is funny sometimes how what you have just played creates a spark in your memory that moves you to play something else. Having just listened to the remarkable solo piano recording by Mathew Shipp - CodeBreaker (above). While I was reminded of Cecil Taylor and even Bill Evans by his playing it was this that was the sparked in my memory even though I haven’t played it for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back