Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now #61

Discussion in 'music' started by Candylion, Dec 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

La Düsseldorf - La Düsseldorf. CD rip
    [​IMG]

sideshowbob and Seeker_UK like this.
  2. poco a poco

poco a poco I'm Jim

There were quite a few if you count the CD’s as well, some that have the extra track Villia, I think Discogs lists 82. I take your point though as I would have sooner AS Verve reissued this Live Coltrane one rather The Village Vanguard one. I passed on that as my MCA pressing is quite good if not the best. OK not all the tracks are live on this only the first three. The Jasmin one is OK, but I’m sure there is more to be had depending on which master-tape still exists and the condition.

This contains some of Coltrane’s best compositions and playing and really brings out the spiritual depth of his playing as well giving particular insights into his transition from his earlier style to his much freer approach.

I always find ‘Alabama’, his tribute the children killed in the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing so moving when I play this, full of sadness and yet with a sense of yearning for a better future. All the studio tracks are excellent.

I would love a top rate mastering and pressing.

The posthumous issued ‘Transition’ that is not often reissued in its original track version is one I would like to see a good reissue of as well.

Nagraboy likes this.
  3. Colin L

Colin L High-tech low-life

Todays selection

[​IMG]

4. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

kjb, gavreid and omega3 like this.
  5. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Yes. Well put Jim.

6. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

1961 French pressing. Not surprised the tasteful French ditched the awful original sleeve...

[​IMG]

mikechadwick, poco a poco and John C like this.
  7. kasperhauser

kasperhauser pfm Member

Missed this when it came out. Discovered a few years ago via a pfm Music Room post.
    [​IMG]

Woodface, guydarryl and Big Tabs like this.
  8. MUTTY1

MUTTY1 Waste of bandwidth

[​IMG]
    I started listening to a bit of instrumental folk (Tasker: Cold Weather) and looking at the sellers other items ended up just buying the above. At least I’m down with the kids now! What with this and TrioVD Muse I’m deffo into my second childhood…

9. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

10. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Is this all there is?

[​IMG]

One of the first Windham Hill releases (CD) I bought. ISTR it was in the sales section - had to buy it on the strength of the cover (along with the WH sampler '86). Features a few guests, such as Mike Hedges on this:

11. gustav_errata

gustav_errata pfm Member

12. Big Tabs

Big Tabs looking backwards, going forwards

gninnam likes this.
  13. BillT

BillT pfm Member

Dr Feelgood - All Through The City (With Wilko Johnson) Disc 1

guydarryl likes this.
  14. poco a poco

poco a poco I'm Jim

[​IMG]
    Vinyl, original 1976 Hat Hut pressing.
    Jon Synder’s synthesiser playing on this can certainly give your bass driver (and intestines) a good workout while Joe ‘wails’ on top playing Alto.

sideshowbob and paulfromcamden like this.
  15. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Chris Marshall, kjb, omega3 and 4 others like this.
  16. poco a poco

poco a poco I'm Jim

I have that one plus the Nimbus pressing. I have quite a few of hers on either vinyl or CD’s and most are very good recordings. My favourite is still ‘A Girl At Her Volcano’. I did have a really lovely Japanese pressing of that, that was stolen years ago with some other records in a break in at my previous house. Obviously a discerning thief though as it was nearly all Japanese or Audiophile pressings he stole. So I only have the standard AGAHV now.

omega3 and gavreid like this.
  17. poco a poco

poco a poco I'm Jim

[​IMG]
    Naked Songs - Live and Acoustic. 1995 CD.
    I had to pay £7.00 for this though Gavreid :p

kjb and gavreid like this.
  18. Big Tabs

Big Tabs looking backwards, going forwards

omega3 likes this.
  19. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

I think mine is called Clicky Lee Jones. Was supposed to be VG+

mikechadwick likes this.
  20. poco a poco

poco a poco I'm Jim

You need new ‘Young Blood’ then as the “city will make you dirty”. ;)

gavreid likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.