advertisement

What are you listening to right now #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruckner6Haitink-225x225.jpg

Not Bruckner’s most famous symphony but such a beautiful and unique one indeed. Haitink died this year and it’s so sad, at least we have these performance to remember what a great conductor he was. RIP.

Only yesterday I was comparing the 6th with another conductor's performance, I have played the new LPs from the '70s and now the same complete symphony performances on CDs. They seem so correct after all of these years.

Some kind of horrible fusion night on France Musique la Jazz. I reached the end of my tether with someone named James Francies. The worst kind of triumph-of-techique-over-content lightning-speed monosynth note-bending w*nkery. Quick, switch over to FIP. Illinois Jacquet with Kenny Burrell. Phew.

Not Bruckner’s most famous symphony but such a beautiful and unique one indeed. Haitink died this year and it’s so sad, at least we have these performance to remember what a great conductor he was. RIP.

Hi Adiel, some great stuff there. Have you discovered the classical what are you listening to thread? I don't go there very often myself but you might get more reaction to your comments from those guys. You're quite welcome here as far as I'm concerned...

Hi Adiel, some great stuff there. Have you discovered the classical what are you listening to thread? I don't go there very often myself but you might get more reaction to your comments from those guys. You're quite welcome here as far as I'm concerned...
Thanks for the input & the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back