advertisement

What are you listening to right now #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vivian Stanshall’s Radio Flashes episode 3.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04cfgn1

I listen to the three episodes the BBC still have every year, in the garden on warm summer evenings. It has become a Marchbanks Towers tradition. Every year they are as funny as before, and the wicked double entendres delivered deadpan make me snort with laughter. And tonight the Faces are in session, and sounding great. All told, six hours of which we will never see the like again.

Stockhausen.

The LP is a Japanese import, and very much enjoying Spiral and now Japan, superb. I have a few his records, but this has pulled me in, no bad thing.

Last edited:
Really showing my prog routes; I found the inner sleeve to Rush's - A farewell to kings; of course I couldn't return it to it's rightful place (the sleeve had been replaced by a mo-fi) without giving it a spin!

I'd forgotten how much I like Geddy Lee's voice, even though initially I though I had the turntable running at the wrong speed!

The neighbours are away for a whole bloody week!

Girlfriends at her family for a few hours so the program is

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Jon Hopkins - Singularity (greatest electronic anything artist at the moment, if you disagree then bite me. Album OR live)

TBD

All at a nice healthy volume not usually heard here

The neighbours are away for a whole bloody week!

Girlfriends at her family for a few hours so the program is

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Jon Hopkins - Singularity (greatest electronic anything artist at the moment, if you disagree then bite me. Album OR live)

TBD

All at a nice healthy volume not usually heard here

JH with Kelly Lee Owens is a great combo worth seeking out if you haven't already done so.

Last one before partner pick up,
Massive Attack and the ever beautiful sounding Hope Sandaval - The Spoils

Not cheap for 2 tracks and both are great, title track is worth an easy 20 bones on its own though. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back