advertisement

What are you listening to right now #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy - the who.
files ripped (by me) from what I think was the SACD / CD deluxe thingy from 2003 (?).
Played very loud, and I guess I must be getting somewhere with my hodge-podge of gear, as thoroughly enjoyable for the most part; have found this remaster pretty unlistenable in the past (although maybe it's just because I'm progressively deafening myself, in keeping with the band's modus operandi).

Tommy - the who.
files ripped (by me) from what I think was the SACD / CD deluxe thingy from 2003 (?).
Played very loud, and I guess I must be getting somewhere with my hodge-podge of gear, as thoroughly enjoyable for the most part; have found this remaster pretty unlistenable in the past (although maybe it's just because I'm progressively deafening myself, in keeping with the band's modus operandi).
Try Fischer Z - Going deaf for a living :)

The fabulous 'One Day I'm Going To Soar' - Dexys from 2012.

I love this album, the wife dislikes it with a passion -

Just moved onto something I thought I woud try - Public Service Broadcasting - 'Live At Brixton'

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LX3MMG0/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

The records are badly warped - so this is for return. Not sure if I like it, I should like it... bit hit n miss - definitely worth a listen, maybe not a purchase.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
ricky lee jones...self titled alnum on CD...I'd forgotten how much I loved it, and how well recorded it is...compression seems very minimal and a nice balance. Just got to 'Danny's All Star Joint' and need to go turn IT UP :)

After spending a few hours adding some DSP room correction and flitting around, I settled on tricky - maxinquaye.
Sounding like it’s tamed some of the bass gremlins I was suffering. The red wines helping too!

Roxy Music - RSD 2019 Remixes ('im indoors weakened, so i didn't have to).
Pretty good, but definitely not for the purists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back