advertisement

What are you listening to right now #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ta lki n ghe ads - sp ask in gi n to ngu es

Missed this on release, bought this on cassette in Greece. Wore it out in 2 weeks.

Bloss

Just came across R.E.M. 'Out of Time'. Must be 20 years since I played it.. 'Baby baby baby baby!!!!!'
Let's see if we get past side one...

No.. we don't. 'Er Indoors' just came in and moaned... so I didn't even get to decide for myself that I'd had enough...

The Chemical Brothers - No Geography.

Their latest album was recorded with equipment they used in the '90s. Although some of the tunes are great, It has that kind of vibe to it.

In a way No Geography is weird album, it's new material but sounds old fashioned. Some of the songs will be epic live though.

Jack

The Chemical Brothers - No Geography.

Their latest album was recorded with equipment they used in the '90s. Although some of the tunes are great, It has that kind of vibe to it.

In a way No Geography is weird album, it's new material but sounds old fashioned. Some of the songs will be epic live though.

Jack

Thanks for this, not listened to any new Chemicals since the last album I purchased - Push The Button, jeez! back in 2005. Prior to that I have and enjoyed - Exit Planet Dust / Dig Your Own Hole and Surrender.

No Geography sounds a bit lighter, but definitely the Chems. 'MAH' sounds like standard Chems from any period, instantly identifiable as their work.
There is too much fluffy female vocal stuff on it for me to dig it all.

Thanks for this, not listened to any new Chemicals since the last album I purchased - Push The Button, jeez! back in 2005. Prior to that I have and enjoyed - Exit Planet Dust / Dig Your Own Hole and Surrender.

No Geography sounds a bit lighter, but definitely the Chems. 'MAH' sounds like standard Chems from any period, instantly identifiable as their work.
There is too much fluffy female vocal stuff on it for me to dig it all.

Mmm, I know what you mean.

Jack

The Go Between - Oceans Apart on vinyl. One of the better comeback albums. Actually had a bit of music fest today as already listened to The Comet is Coming (1st album), Bill Evans - on Green dolphin street & Shawn Colvin - a few small repairs. Not sure how I have got away with this today as we are preparing for my eldest 18th birthday party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back