advertisement

What are you listening to right now #4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNKLE - Edit Music For A Film (afterdark prologue mix)

This is the bootleg shorter version of the 2cd mix that got a commercial release this year. Chosen because I prefer it, and it's on my PC thus sparing me the effort of getting up and putting a CD in the player.

<<TOSCA - J.A.C. A triple LP. Luxury packaging, (warm) leatherette sleeve. The first disc sounds very good. Real instruments! Some funky Chic bass playing! A Tom Waites sound-a-like!! Unfortunately I can't report on other discs as my set has three copies of the first disc only! Silly twunts.

>Ella sings the Rogers and Hart Songbook- wonderful
>>How do you follow Ella??

live music from the local primary school's end of year barbecue.

The guy is really very good. Not sure what the kids make of don mclean, sting and pink floyd though?

Ike Quebec – Heavy Soul

Swanky jazz from '59. Ike - tenor sax, Milt Hinton - bass, Freddie Roach - (sounds like a) Wurlitzer, Al Harewood - drums

It's a first outing for me, and I'm writing letters to clients, so it doesn't get my full attention.

Quite like what I hear though.

alex, reminding clients to pay their taxes.

Verve - Remixed.

I also have verve 3 remixed and both these are brill - jazz vocalists mixed with modern dancy type mixing...

andy c!

Hi

getting on down to the Mojo Chess Classics cd.

Features the likes of Tommy tucker, Chuck Berry, Etta James, Howlin' Wolf, Sonny Boy Williamson and the Radiants.

Dean

Jonathan Richman, "I Jonathan" - is there a better record for a hot summer day? Lovely.

Kevin

Yes!

Egyptian Reggae - RocknRoll with the Modern Lovers

mostly

Rescue Me - Roy Buchanan - Polydor super deluxe

P

Damien Rice – Live from the Union Chapel

Next up:

Crabby Appleton – Crabby Appleton

Picked up on vinyl for a dollar. I've never heard it. I'm a little afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back